• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlotte Hornets - A potential sleeper in the east

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's only because they play in the East.

Exactly.

I put about 3-4 teams in that boat. They aren't good at all, but they might make the playoffs because the East sucks.

Teams like:

Charlotte
Detroit
Chicago
Cleveland

All very mediocre teams. 1 or 2 probably make it in.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or...

this is just another stupid, pointless thread that you are being mocked for and will now defend to the point of embarrassing yourself.

he has a point if in fact Zeller is healthy. Zeller is a force and will shut down Tatum............................................

well, maybe he likes self abuse

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you really this dumb?

MKG is one of the best defensive wings in all of the NBA. The fact htat you either (i) are totally ignorant of that, or (ii) somehow disagree with it, shows that you just might have the brain power of left over shit on a toilet bowl.

Offense? pretty much a disaster (though not nearly as bad as your boy Lonzo)...

defensively - elite.

"MKG is one of the best defensive wings in the NBA"

Still haven't posted this defensive numbers for me dumbass.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I put about 3-4 teams in that boat. They aren't good at all, but they might make the playoffs because the East sucks.

Teams like:

Charlotte
Detroit
Chicago
Cleveland

All very mediocre teams. 1 or 2 probably make it in.

Chicago won't make the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago won't make the playoffs.

I don't think so either.

But Charlotte is not significantly better.

Chicago added a lot of solid players.

Carter Jr., Parker and essentially LaVine too.

Again, let me be clear. The Bulls are not a good team. But they are probably going to finish within a couple games of Charlotte.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so either.

Again, let me be clear. The Bulls are not a good team. But they are probably going to finish within a couple games of Charlotte.

I think sometimes folks think that being a playoff team means you're good. Generally speaking, that's probably somewhat true.

But making the playoffs from the back end of a weak conference usually just means you're one of the taller midgets.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there are people that really like the Hornets roster. This is hilarious. Charlotte's going to miss the playoffs, just like every year.

This isn't a guy that's on many folks' radar, but Willy Hernangomez had averaged 9.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game in just under 17 minutes on average in his final 13 games this past season. Per 36, he had averaged 18.5 points and 15.9 rebounds after being acquired by Charlotte. While I don't expect him to ever approach those numbers, he's almost certain to make a dent in this rotation.

He made all-rookie with the Knicks in 2016-17 before they realized they had too many centers and Hernangomez had essentially asked out. He had worked on adding a three-point shot to his game during this summer league and had turned down an opportunity to play for his national team in order to get some reps in with his new organization and culture...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8S-CurgHo

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so either.

As I've said, Chicago is my closest NBA city, and the Bulls have some interesting young talent. But, they aren't near ready for the playoffs. They're still looking to collect as many draft assets as they can. Wouldn't surprise me if they moved any remaining veteran talent (Lopez) during the season.

Parker was a short-term gamble worth taking, Carter is a project that's probably at least year away from a full-time role, and while I'm not sure if LaVine will ever make an all-star team, they had to match Sacramento's offer and not let talent get away.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or...

this is just another stupid, pointless thread that you are being mocked for and will now defend to the point of embarrassing yourself.

Hmmm, Remember when you cowardly locked me out of my own thread last year when I gave a list of reasons the Pacers could win 40 games?:scratch:

Turns out I was wrong and we didn't win 40...We won 48. Remember two years ago when I said the Rockets could climb to as high as the #4 seed in 2017? They actually ended up the #3 seed that year and you later deleted that particular thread entirely. And one Chris Paul addition later, Houston to this day remains the biggest threat to GS in the entire NBA.

Bottom line - A future HOF and four-time champion (like Parker) wouldn't sign somewhere if he didn't see immediate potential.

At his age, he's not going to steal a team's money just for the heck of it...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, Remember when you cowardly locked me out of my own thread last year when I gave a list of reasons the Pacers could win 40 games?:scratch:

Nothing cowardly about it. You earned that.

Turns out I was wrong and we didn't win 40...We won 48.

Yep, everyone pretty much has given credit to the Pacers for what they accomplished. Turned out Westbrook was holding back Oladipo more than anyone thought.

Bottom line - A future HOF and four-time champion (like Parker) wouldn't sign somewhere if he didn't see immediate potential.

At his age, he's not going to steal a team's money just for the heck of it...

Parker is washed. If had anything left, a contender would have signed him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, tlance pretty much has given credit to the Pacers for what they accomplished. Turned out Westbrook was holding back Oladipo more than anyone thought.

FIFY

"It has been an amazing friendship and he was an amazing teammate.” - Victor Oladipo

Victor Oladipo Discusses What He Learned From Russell Westbrook

Parker is washed. If had anything left, a contender would have signed him.

...And still a better defensive player than Rajon Rondo. He also had offers this summer from San Antonio and Denver. Those two teams are as close to being "contenders" as any team in the west not named GS or Houston.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

"It has been an amazing friendship and he was an amazing teammate.” - Victor Oladipo

...And still a better defensive player than Rajon Rondo. He also had offers this summer from San Antonio and Denver. Those two teams are as close to being "contenders" as any team in the west not named GS or Houston.

I am sure they are great fiends and also sure Dipo learned a lot from Russ in terms of work ethic, etc.

That does not change facts though. Oladipo needs the ball and Russ dominates it to the point of wasting talent of teammates with Dipo like skill sets. He would never have become what is today had he remained in OKC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And still a better defensive player than Rajon Rondo.

2gtwz831.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY

No, it was right just as it was. Everyone has given the Pacers credit for being better than anyone thought.

And being friends and learning from him doesn't change the fact that Westbrook's ball dominance and forgetting he has teammates makes him difficult to play with. Especially for someone with Oladipo's skill set.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sleeper, as you will be a sleep by the 2nd quarter lol

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they are great fiends and also sure Dipo learned a lot from Russ in terms of work ethic, etc.

That does not change facts though. Oladipo needs the ball and Russ dominates it to the point of wasting talent of teammates with Dipo like skill sets. He would never have become what is today had he remained in OKC.

I could agree with this. Vic has even admitted this himself that the one year in OKC was the first in his basketball life that he played extensively off the ball, and it's something he could still stand to improve on even now with the Pacers.

Because of this, Myles Turner has proven to this point in his career to be a better fit next to Paul George than Oladipo.

All in all, you'd have to say Oladipo did pretty good his one season in OKC playing off the ball for the circumstances he was given. He got off to the hot start shooting the ball, then you can't discount the fact that he went down with a sprained wrist in December that year(missed nine games), and never regained full confidence in his shot again that season. Ultimately, you have to give credit to the Pacers for bringing out the best in him to this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could agree with this. Vic has even admitted this himself that the one year in OKC was the first in his basketball life that he played extensively off the ball, and it's something he could still stand to improve on even now with the Pacers.

Because of this, Myles Turner has proven to this point in his career to be a better fit next to Paul George than Oladipo.

All in all, you'd have to say Oladipo did pretty good his one season in OKC playing off the ball for the circumstances he was given. He got off to the hot start shooting the ball, then you can't discount the fact that he went down with a sprained wrist in December that year(missed nine games), and never regained full confidence in his shot again that season. Ultimately, you have to give credit to the Pacers for bringing out the best in him to this point.

Great post.

On the bold...

I think folks are crediting the Pacers. That's part of what the criticism of Westbrook is about.

No doubt that he learned some things during his season with Westbrook. One of which was how to play off ball, even if it was because he had no choice. lol

In all seriousness though, Westbrook put him in a position to where he had to make a choice. He could cry about "touches" like a lot of guys would...or he could make the best of it and learn to play off ball. To his credit, he chose the latter.

Then the Pacers provided a system and culture where he could thrive and begin to maximize his skills. End result is that the Pacers have a really nice player who could become a special player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this too.

Oladipo was not the issue in OKC. It is the responsibility of the best player (especially when they guy is a PG and has the ball as much as Russ does) to get the most out of his teammates.

Russ does that well with catch and finish bigs like Adams or catch and shoot wings, but it is hard for other players to create while on the court with Russ. Oladipo is a guy that can and should create offense.