• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Strong let the black man down

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an aside on the Herman thought above: he may just indeed be the MAN. Just hired away an Alabama behind-the-scenes guy...UH OH.

His first change is to bring the staff at Texas on par with other programs. People don't realize how little Texas spends on football as a percentage of revenue. I thought I read that places like Bama spend 2x on football compared to Texas

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first change is to bring the staff at Texas on par with other programs. People don't realize how little Texas spends on football as a percentage of revenue. I thought I read that places like Bama spend 2x on football compared to Texas

agreed. He's also updating facilities w/up to date graphics, etc., plus planning new weight room, locker room, etc.

Alabama has an army of quality control, etc., employees. Texas needs to catch up. Seems like they are giving Herman carte blanche to do so.

I do find it interesting that now they've apparently opened the gates.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. He's also updating facilities w/up to date graphics, etc., plus planning new weight room, locker room, etc.

Alabama has an army of quality control, etc., employees. Texas needs to catch up. Seems like they are giving Herman carte blanche to do so.

I do find it interesting that now they've apparently opened the gates.

I'm curious. I thought Texas already had the best facilities in the conference. But if not, who does have the best facilities in the Big XII now? OU just poured a lot of money into the football facilities and the rest of our programs have been upgraded too over the past 3 years. Did that make us #1 (for as long as that lasts) or does someone else have a claim to #1 in the conference?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious. I thought Texas already had the best facilities in the conference. But if not, who does have the best facilities in the Big XII now? OU just poured a lot of money into the football facilities and the rest of our programs have been upgraded too over the past 3 years. Did that make us #1 (for as long as that lasts) or does someone else have a claim to #1 in the conference?

Texas is behind. I think Mack decided to get a full time S&C coach in 2010 or 2011. Texas has money they just haven't spent it

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't change the way a man feels about himself. People measure themselves much more stringently than others do at times. Don Quixote didn't have advisors. He must really feel that his work is a reflection on his race as a whole...and if Charlie Strong thinks that being a successful football coach will somehow help elevate "his people" then who are we to tell him to pipe down?

Kick a man for striving for perfection? Nah. I can shell some pecans or something more useful.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Chuck. I think we have learned, through the years, that bad coaches come in all colors.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry for delay here, have not been logged on: I'd say our facilities are 'dated'. We had a big push around the time of the NC. The stadium itself is nice, one end enclosed and it's like mall inside w/eateries and screens everywhere. But the inside of the athletics complex, where the players spend all their time, is what needs work. Herman walked in and the first thing he notes was the dated appearance, dated graphics, etc. The locker room is dated, weight room is now dated. It's like an arms race, and Texas has not done anything in a decade or so.

He's talked about his plan: even today, he said he had a meeting w/designers/builders working to gut the entire first floor, build a new locker room and remodel the weight room. He's a control dude, and has his hands in everything it seems. I just find it interesting that now the bank's open and anything is possible. Not complaining, mind you.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for delay here, have not been logged on: I'd say our facilities are 'dated'. We had a big push around the time of the NC. The stadium itself is nice, one end enclosed and it's like mall inside w/eateries and screens everywhere. But the inside of the athletics complex, where the players spend all their time, is what needs work. Herman walked in and the first thing he notes was the dated appearance, dated graphics, etc. The locker room is dated, weight room is now dated. It's like an arms race, and Texas has not done anything in a decade or so.

He's talked about his plan: even today, he said he had a meeting w/designers/builders working to gut the entire first floor, build a new locker room and remodel the weight room. He's a control dude, and has his hands in everything it seems. I just find it interesting that now the bank's open and anything is possible. Not complaining, mind you.

It bothers me that the concept of "dated" has gotten out of control. OU just spent hundreds of millions of dollars updating a stadium that wasn't exactly a dump. I can see the point of adding seats, etc. but how many damn amenities do these kids need to feel loved/wanted/treated like a superstar/whatever? Mark my words, the day is coming when a LOT of schools will be scrambling to pay the bills after over expanding and spending too much money "updating" every little thing.