• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

championship!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ced looking good.

NFL meeting notes: no leap year; good news on Ced; a vote for Barnett 

buy the hype!

drink the kool-aid

Q0IVQYGC_400x400.png

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the part that praises Mike Brown for not moving the team to Baltimore back in '95. That's some real revisionist history on Geoff's part.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the part that praises Mike Brown for not moving the team to Baltimore back in '95. That's some real revisionist history on Geoff's part.

I thought the same.... That was some classic Butch Hobson right there..... Mike Brown played a game of chicken with Hamilton County and ended up winning 'bigly.' What's funny is that if it were just 3 or 4 years later in the 90s, he would have never got the votes.

2026 -- Remember the year..... Katie will be running the show at that point. I'd bet anything right now that (discounting something ridiculous like the Bengals winning a super bowl in 2024) that the city/county wouldn't even get 20% support for a new stadium deal. The Bengals should be gone within the decade. That is, if there is football in 10 years at all.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wound is still fresh from that Steelers playoff loss from 2 years ago ( at least for me ).

* Sigh *. I don't drink alcohol, but I feel like having one.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same.... That was some classic Butch Hobson right there..... Mike Brown played a game of chicken with Hamilton County and ended up winning 'bigly.' What's funny is that if it were just 3 or 4 years later in the 90s, he would have never got the votes.

2026 -- Remember the year..... Katie will be running the show at that point. I'd bet anything right now that (discounting something ridiculous like the Bengals winning a super bowl in 2024) that the city/county wouldn't even get 20% support for a new stadium deal. The Bengals should be gone within the decade. That is, if there is football in 10 years at all.

I completely agree. If the last 15 months is the new precedent, it's basically cough up public funding for a new stadium, or lose your franchise.

Hamilton County got bent over the negotiating table last time. Absolutely taken to the cleaners by the Brown family. This is the part that Hobspin conveniently leaves out. If the county didn't cave, the Bengals would have likely left town.

When the next negotiation for a stadium comes up, you can bet your sweet ass that Cincinnati and Hamilton County will not take that loss again. Not a snowball's chance in hell. They won't get the voter approval, or more than likely, they will do what San Diego and Oakland did, and say thanks but no thanks to the Brown family.

I'll be a Bengals fan as long as they are in Cincy. If/when they move, I will be done for good.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might go all in with baseball and soccer. I know most of you all don't like it, but it's very popular around here. The kids got me into it and having an increased understanding of the game does make it more exciting to watch, although if you've never played it much you still won't care.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might go all in with baseball and soccer. I know most of you all don't like it, but it's very popular around here. The kids got me into it and having an increased understanding of the game does make it more exciting to watch, although if you've never played it much you still won't care.

Not sure about the soccer part..... But the baseball part is 100% true. Even though the Reds suck, it's part of the summer ritual in Cincinnati. I definitely think this will be a 1 major pro sports town by 2030.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is today's update:

Bengals back Raiders move 

It includes this classic line:

"Five years later in 2000 the Bengals and Hamilton County opened Paul Brown Stadium in what remains one of the best examples of community support in the league."

I'm pretty sure Butch is just trolling at this point. I mean, unless your definition of 'community support,' includes taking it in the ass for the local billionaire sports owner, I don't think you really want to make this claim.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note.... I think Hobsons talents are wasted over at Bengals.com. The Trump administration should hire him to replace Spicer. Hobs would have those approval ratings moving upward in no time.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note.... I think Hobsons talents are wasted over at Bengals.com. The Trump administration should hire him to replace Spicer. Hobs would have those approval ratings moving upward in no time.

Lol I've said this before. He's already made a career in spreading alternative facts. He'd be a perfect fit.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I could quit on this team.... I'm getting there, but I know I'll watch again this season.

At this point, for me to just move on and stop being a fan I would need one of the following to happen:

1) Marvin gets a three year deal after winning 9 games this season and losing in the first round @Houston.
2) Either Mixon (who we will certainly draft) or Jones engage in domestic violence and we don't cut them that day.
3) Dalton has his career ended due to head shot from Steeler player that isn't flagged.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really wish I could quit on this team.... I'm getting there, but I know I'll watch again this season.

At this point, for me to just move on and stop being a fan I would need one of the following to happen:

1) Marvin gets a three year deal after winning 9 games this season and losing in the first round @Houston.
2) Either Mixon (who we will certainly draft) or Jones engage in domestic violence and we don't cut them that day.
3) Dalton has his career ended due to head shot from Steeler player that isn't flagged.

Everyone's noticed the lack of posts here compared to the glory days at ESPN. I think this is the reason. It's almost impossible to be invested in this team right now. Cleveland is bad but at least they're gambling and doing unconventional things in the hopes of being great in a few years. The hope might be slim but it's there. How are the Bengals winning a SB? It'd be an accident.