• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Ford Chat Wrap 01-09-2013

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chat: Chat with Chad Ford - SportsNation - ESPN

Jake (Salt Lake)

If the Jazz deal Millsap and/or Big Al, what should they be targeting in return? PG, perhaps? Are there any impact PG on the market right now? Thanks!
Chad Ford
(1:27 PM)

PG is the most glaring long-term need. Given the emergence of a couple of PGs in the draft -- Marcus Smart and Michael Carter-Williams -- the Jazz may be able to address that need in the draft. They own the Warriors pick (though that's increasingly looking like it won't be a lottery pick) as well as their own. Not sure if either of those guys will be there. The problem is there aren't a lot of great PGs on the trade market right now. If they wanted to upgrade at SF, they may have a better shot at landing a Rudy Gay or a Danny Granger.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed (LA)

The media does not seem to be hyped about Marcus Smart. Big PG, aggressive attacks at the basket, improving jumpshot, great leader... what gives? Good fit with the young core of the Jazz?
Chad Ford
(1:37 PM)

I'm not sure about the media, but he's No. 11 on our Big Board and has been in our Top 15 since early in the season. I wrote in my column with Jay Bilas on Monday that if he finishes strong, I think he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Fran Fraschilla made a Chauncey Billups comparison recently and I like it. Big, physical guard who is a natural leader. He needs to improve his jumper, but it's getting better.