• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP since 1998...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season Cal played one more conference game and OCC games @ San Diego St. who finished ranked and Texas and Hawaii.

Last season South Carolina played no OCC games @ anyones house (what a shocker) , a neutral site game with NC State and the typical SEC home cupcakes LA tech and in November Wofford. lol

Yeah its just a little unbalanced. lol. You can spin all you want but it's neutral games early (just in case the SEC team loses) and home cup cakes the rest of the season. How many times in the last ten years has Florida and Alabama played OCC games at another teams home field? I know you wont answer because it's a pitiful number. Cal in any four year strech will have played more road OCC games than both of those schools played in ten maybe 12 years . But but but.... it's just one conference game. No it's not . It's your whole pussy scheduling philosophy.
While South Carolina was playing Wofford second to last game of the season . Cal was playing Stanford. Yeah, nothing to see here folks.lol

Did you even understand my post?

I was talking about what the difference would be.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season Cal played one more conference game and OCC games @ San Diego St. who finished ranked and Texas and Hawaii.

Last season South Carolina played no OCC games @ anyones house (what a shocker) , a neutral site game with NC State and the typical SEC home cupcakes LA tech and in November Wofford. lol

Yeah its just a little unbalanced. lol. You can spin all you want but it's neutral games early (just in case the SEC team loses) and home cup cakes the rest of the season. How many times in the last ten years has Florida and Alabama played OCC games at another teams home field? I know you wont answer because it's a pitiful number. Cal in any four year strech will have played more road OCC games than both of those schools played in ten maybe 12 years . But but but.... it's just one conference game. No it's not . It's your whole pussy scheduling philosophy.
While South Carolina was playing Wofford second to last game of the season . Cal was playing Stanford. Yeah, nothing to see here folks.lol
This is a portion of why claiming an extended play off. Would water down the season is asinine.Neutral site game with the off season to prepare. Followed by a bye week before a rivalry game. And the equivelant of a bye week before another rivalry game. Shift the November scheduling and remove the cupcake. Replacing it with a conference game. Which is not only relected in the quality of the opponent. But the quality of the conference and season as a whole. By directly impacting win/ loss records. That holds an impact on everything from conference to overall rankings. That's simple logic.

By increasing the amount of play off teams. And instituting 5 auto bids. That reduces the room for human error or controversy even more. Raising competition, adding to the meaning of regular season games, providing the best play off and champion possible. And elevating the sport on multiple levels. When you look at the topic expansion is very beneficial to the sport

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a portion of why claiming an extended play off. Would water down the season is asinine.Neutral site game with the off season to prepare. Followed by a bye week before a rivalry game. And the equivelant of a bye week before another rivalry game. Shift the November scheduling and remove the cupcake. Replacing it with a conference game. Which is not only relected in the quality of the opponent. But the quality of the conference and season as a whole. By directly impacting win/ loss records. That holds an impact on everything from conference to overall rankings. That's simple logic.

By increasing the amount of play off teams. And instituting 5 auto bids. That reduces the room for human error or controversy even more. Raising competition, adding to the meaning of regular season games, providing the best play off and champion possible. And elevating the sport on multiple levels. When you look at the topic expansion is very beneficial to the sport

Fact: Alabama played a tougher schedule than USC last year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even understand my post?

I was talking about what the difference would be.

I understand you never want to address that teams like Florida and Alabama don't go play OCC games at the other teams house. No USC Ohio State home and home. No Michigan Oregon Home and home, no UCLA A&M home and home , no Auburn Clemson home and home(some SEC teams do grow a pair once in a while). I understand you always skip that.
I understand while Cal who had a crappy year had to play Stanford while South Carolina who equally had a bad year got to play Wofford.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: Alabama played a tougher schedule than USC last year.

Only because they played each other. lol. Take out and USC and their final ranking out and Alabamas drops below USCs . USC was Bamas highest win on their schedule. The SEC wins were worth crap.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you never want to address that teams like Florida and Alabama don't go play OCC games at the other teams house.

Cry more. It doesn't affect schedule strength and it's not the reason you got your asses kicked 52-6 last year.

No USC Ohio State home and home. No Michigan Oregon Home and home, no UCLA A&M home and home , no Auburn Clemson home and home(some SEC teams do grow a pair once in a while). I understand you always skip that.

It's terrible that teams play on an even playing field.

I understand while Cal who had a crappy year had to play Stanford while South Carolina who equally had a bad year got to play Wofford.

You mean as I said in my post that an extra game would have benefitted 2 Pac12 teams total, and Cal was one of them?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because they played each other. lol. Take out and USC and their final ranking out and Alabamas drops below USCs . USC was Bamas highest win on their schedule. The SEC wins were worth crap.

So take USC out of the Alabama SoS, but keep Alabama on the USC schedule and USC has a better schedule.

:lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry more. It doesn't affect schedule strength and it's not the reason you got your asses kicked 52-6 last year.

It's terrible that teams play on an even playing field.

You mean as I said in my post that an extra game would have benefitted 2 Pac12 teams total, and Cal was one of them?

It's pussy scheduling that most teams like Ohio State , Michigan, USC, UCLA , Clemson, Florida State, Texas..... Will travel to similar schools home stadium while teams like Bama and Florida don't ever leave their area for one of these games. You can't tell me going to the shoe with a freshman QB and team that's never played there is the same as playing Chatanooga at home or a neutral game where 65% of the seats have Bama fans in them. That's what you're trying to sell. No one is buying it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoS rankings from last year visualized by conference.

Funny how the people who cry the most are from the conference doing almost the least. At least the Big12 fans know their conference isn't very strong right now, but Pac12 fans are delusional.

QXOyibL.png

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pussy scheduling that most teams like Ohio State , Michigan, USC, UCLA , Clemson, Florida State, Texas..... Will travel to similar schools home stadium while teams like Bama and Florida don't ever leave their area for one of these games. You can't tell me going to the shoe with a freshman QB and team that's never played there is the same as playing Chatanooga at home or a neutral game where 65% of the seats have Bama fans in them. That's what you're trying to sell. No one is buying it.

Yes, it's terrible that teams play on even fields with good weather.

I heard you the first time, I just think you are stupid.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you never want to address that teams like Florida and Alabama don't go play OCC games at the other teams house. No USC Ohio State home and home. No Michigan Oregon Home and home, no UCLA A&M home and home , no Auburn Clemson home and home(some SEC teams do grow a pair once in a while). I understand you always skip that.
A good example of this. If you were to replace Cal and ASU's conference schedule. With a November cup cake. Both teams are bowl eligible last season. Does that make them appear to be better teams yes.Does that make them better teams no. I would say this is a one prime example . Of how claiming expanding the play offs would water down the regular season. Is an illogical opinion. Logic dictates an expanded play offs that puts emphasis on conference and conference championships. Elevates competition within conference. And adds meaning to the regular season. By directly impacting conference games through auto bids. While increasing OOCSOS in regards to at large bids

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's terrible that teams play on even fields with good weather.

I heard you the first time, I just think you are stupid.

So why is Alabama afraid to actually go play Ohio State , or Florida State or travel (oh shit) to the west coast or a Wisconsin at their house? Thats the question. It's not either or you know. Alabama is allowed to get on an airplane for a regular season game at other teams stadiums. But they don;t . They must be afraid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why is Alabama afraid to actually go play Ohio State , or Florida State or travel (oh shit) to the west coast or a Wisconsin at their house? Thats the question. It's not either or you know. Alabama is allowed to get on an airplane for a regular season game at other teams stadiums. But they don;t . They must be afraid.

Or they make more money with neutral site games, but as usual, you will assume whatever fantasy you want.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good example of this. If you were to replace Cal and ASU's conference schedule. With a November cup cake. Both teams are bowl eligible last season. Does that make them appear to be better teams yes.Does that make them better teams no. I would say this is a one prime example . Of how claiming expanding the play offs would water down the regular season. Is an illogical opinion. Logic dictates an expanded play offs that puts emphasis on conference and conference championships. Elevates competition within conference. And adds meaning to the regular season. By directly impacting conference games through auto bids. While increasing OOCSOS in regards to at large bids

So rather than fix your own conference ignorance, you want other people to follow that ignorance so that you aren't punished for the poor decisions.

So funny.

Meanwhile, season after season will go by and all you will be able to do is cry and shift blame rather than acknowledge the Pac12 is stupid for its 9 game schedule.

The entire reason you went to a 9 game schedule had nothing to do with all this crap you guys keep spewing anyway. You did it because you thought it would give you an advantage, and it hasn't so now you're just left with sour grapes towards those who didn't make poor choices.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time this question is asked. It reverts to they make more money. Which is rediculous when compared to the arguemeny regarding an expanded play offs. If money is a factor extra play off games hold the max potential for increased revenue

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money isn't the reason that Alabama doesn't play home/homes.
They be scared to do it.

Their AD can pick up the phone and get donations that would take care of the money before breakfast.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...yeah. 6 or 8 playoff teams would be great for big man college football. That's all I want...a little increase. I mention that and some people just lose their minds. When you look at the number of teams in other playoffs/tournaments it's not a big deal. Also, take a look at the other divisions of college football. If they've expanded why in the hell wouldn't the big boys expand? Not to 24 or 32, but no more than 8 would be reasonable.

NCAA football:
FCS--4 (1978), 8 (1981), 12 (1982), 16 (1986), 20 (2010), 24 (2013)
D-II--8 (1973), 16 (1988), 24 (2004), 28 (2016)
D-III--4 (1973), 8 (1975), 16 (1985), 28 (1999), 32 (2005)

Other NCAA sports:
Baseball/Softball-64
Basketball (M)-68
Basketball (W)-64
Beach volleyball-8
Field hockey-18
Ice hockey (M)-16
Ice hockey (W)-8
Lacrosse (M)-16
Lacrosse (W)-28
Soccer (M)-48
Soccer (W)-64
Volleyball (M)-6
Volleyball (W)-64
Water polo (M)-4
Water polo (W)-10
(M) = Men; (W) = Women

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money isn't the reason that Alabama doesn't play home/homes.
They be scared to do it.

Their AD can pick up the phone and get donations that would take care of the money before breakfast.

You don't sound butthurt at all.