• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP Semifinal- Florida St vs Oregon @ Rose Bowl

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't see it, but that's a shame. We lost and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

Something I will say, and it won't be popular, is that I suspect the rules will be changing more significantly within five years regarding the "tempo" offense. It is a gimmick that takes advantage of current rules to put the defense at a major disadvantage. It just is.

Lol. We hear this every time a team gets beat by the uptempo. Wishful thinking.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, didn't see it, but that's a shame. We lost and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

Something I will say, and it won't be popular, is that I suspect the rules will be changing more significantly within five years regarding the "tempo" offense. It is a gimmick that takes advantage of current rules to put the defense at a major disadvantage. It just is.

What's the disadvantage? Our best 11 vs. your best 11. It's not like the offense is taking breaks while the defense is running sprints.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s NOT a gimmick. Your team has to be in shape to withstand the pressure. Kudos to the Ducks for destroying their competition. Why would you want to take that game away from anyone?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt that very much!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks have the best team in the land, IMO.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the disadvantage? Our best 11 vs. your best 11. It's not like the offense is taking breaks while the defense is running sprints.

The only criticism I will give about it is what i saw tonight. Two DL players for FSU had to change to different numbers due to their jerseys being ripped in half. All due to the holding going on. Demarcus Walker's # is 44, but had to change to 46 in the second quarter. Niles Lawrence-Stample is 99, but was 98 in the third quarter. Way too many missed holding calls because the refs are not set before the ball is snapped. BUT that is part of the game.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only criticism I will give about it is what i saw tonight. Two DL players for FSU had to change to different numbers due to their jerseys being ripped in half. All due to the holding going on. Demarcus Walker's # is 44, but had to change to 46 in the second quarter. Niles Lawrence-Stample is 99, but was 98 in the third quarter. Way too many missed holding calls because the refs are not set before the ball is snapped. BUT that is part of the game.

Missed holding calls happen regardless of the offense run. The ref does stand over the ball until the other refs are in position.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try playing in the same conference as the Ducks every year when trying to win your Division all the while a couple of other Division foes skip 'em! :gaah:
(USC & ASU this year)

I'm sure by the time the Bruins get a chance to skip 'em too, the Duck's run will be over. :lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed holding calls happen regardless of the offense run. The ref does stand over the ball until the other refs are in position.

True but not even close in the amount of missed calls. The center judge is not even in position when the ball was snapped. But again that is part of today's game. It was just an observation.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying_Indian_screenshot.png

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you honestly think that a tempo offense works simply because the offense that runs it is, "in shape" and the opposing defense is, "out of shape", then I don't know what to tell you. The offense controls the game and the personnel on the field and can dictate whether the D can substitute proper personnel for the situation, etc... There is a TON of advantage to being able to restrict defensive substitutions and being, "tired" is only one aspect of that.

Not sour grapes. We lost. Just saying that Saban's gripe about it last year was just the beginning. It is an exploit. Soon most offenses will trend that way, or the rules will change. JMO.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you honestly think that a tempo offense works simply because the offense that runs it is, "in shape" and the opposing defense is, "out of shape", then I don't know what to tell you. The offense controls the game and the personnel on the field and can dictate whether the D can substitute proper personnel for the situation, etc... There is a TON of advantage to being able to restrict defensive substitutions and being, "tired" is only one aspect of that.

Not sour grapes. We lost. Just saying that Saban's gripe about it last year was just the beginning. It is an exploit. Soon most offenses will trend that way, or the rules will change. JMO.

If the offense is leaving the same people on the field, whats so wrong with having the defense leaving the same people on the field? No one is asking the defense to stay out longer than the offense.

Also, if you are prepared, you can substitute within the no-huddle, since you have about 10 seconds. If players/coaches are not ready, then you will fail.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh good this discussion again.
I guess we should get rid of the forward pass, the three point basket, curveballs and knuckleballs and anything else that dares to change a game.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1500!! :ipw: