• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Poll

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they might have to adapt. Stop playing top teams and schedule FCS schools.

Im just pissed about MSU being ahead of us. Right there it shows that this committee has no clue.
MSU beat Mich 35-11
ND beat Mich 31-0
MSU beat Purdue 45-31
ND beat Purdue 30-14
Mich St worst Loss: Blow out @ Oregon
ND worst Loss: Close loss @ FSU(bad/so so call at end of game)
Mich St Best win Nebraska(so so team) 22-19
ND best Win Stanford: 17-14(Not a great Stanford team.

Overall just by this its easy to see ND is better then Mich st. also throw in that Mich st played Jacksonville st, E. Mich and Wyoming

Just a joke.

Yeah Michigan State was the one team ahead of Notre Dame that I didn't agree their was much case for and you basically listed it above, the only difference is Nebraska is still ranked and Stanford isn't.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we are upset is because now their is a very good chance that winning out won't get Notre Dame to the 4th spot, if they had been ranked 6th or 7th like they are in the other poles winning out would easily get them in because the SEC West is going to eliminate 3 of the teams ahead of them or about that many putting Notre Dame much closer to in the playoff than out. Now If TCU/Kansas State or Michigan State win out Notre Dame won't get in.

Oh I disagree. It's just now the point where the football season is getting good. And teams like Stanford who are currently not ranked are likely to end up ranked again when the season is over.

Most teams have easy games to start the season and then the tough games are in the back of the schedule. So the amount of 1 loss teams is going to drop dramatically.

There is no way they will have 3 SEC teams in the final. The 3 SEC teams now are the result of many games left to be played + voting.

See what happens is 1 voter has like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Ole Miss
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Alabama

And then another voter may have like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Auburn
4. TCU
5. Ole Miss
6. Alabama

So even though neither had 3 SEC teams in their top4, the final result ends with 3 because of the average. Final ends up being something like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Ole Miss
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. TCU

With me still?

Because they will believe that either Auburn or Ole Miss is the 2nd best team there. BUT, these 2 teams actually play this coming weekend. So what will happen? 1 of them is going to drop down and that will clear things up. They will have 2 losses each and they are going to drop down to like #10 or down below most 1 loss teams.

And that is going to happen every week until the end of the season. By the time we get to the end, it's going to be very clear which teams belong and much of this is going to work itself out. At best you will see 2 SEC teams.

As an Alabama fan, I saw the crazy happen in 2011. I never even remotely believed Alabama had a chance after losing to LSU. But then 1 after another the top teams lost. Oregon, then K-State, then OkSt, etc. And that loss didn't even happen until the first week in November. Because there are that many high quality games still left to be played. We are just now getting to the good part of the season.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn leaks are coming out already. Ty willing ham had us 12th and Pat Haden had us at 13th
Could u post a link to this info?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the BCS system. I want computers in charge of this nonsense since computers aren't biased. You can still have your playoffs but just put the top 4 BCS teams in the playoff instead of having the top 2 in a National Championship game.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is not on Auburn who did play KState away. Alabama ok they beat 20th ranked Wva a team that probably fits number 20 that I do not think will be ranked at the end of the season. Ole Miss is my problem. How does a team who's power ranking puts them at 10. Team that losses to LSU (2 loss team) and could only put 7 points on the board to team that gave up 41 to Auburn. The SEC gets to much credit for playing in conference and what they have done in the pass.

I do understand the arguement that things will play out and this weekend will move a few teams around but this first vote shows the bias and in my view shows how they feel about ND as a independent.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to withhold judgment on this issue as much as possible, because I believe its a lot of wasted energy at this juncture in the season. That said, #10 is an insult. The committee is barely veiling its bias in favor of the power 5 conferences and its really not worth arguing otherwise. The "who has ND played so far argument" doesn't really wash. Every team ahead of us may have had more competitive games, but have all, collectively played A LOT worse teams than we have as well. The arguably weakest team on our schedule is Rice, a conference champion last year, and will likely be a bowl eligible team again this year. Everyone ahead of us has played chump FCS teams and lower level directional schools in FBS. Mich. State's "quality" loss was to Oregon, and this isn't Chip Kelly's Oregon. Ours was to FSU on the road on a highly questionable call. The remainder of Mich. St.'s non-conference schedule is a joke, especially compared to ours. Against common opponents, we've looked better.

In the coming weeks, the final confirmation that the fix is in will be when the teams ahead of us aren't punished for killing each other off and if we continue to win, are not rewarded for it. Then we can officially re-name the "power five" conferences into "The Five Mafia Families" because this is nothing but organized theft of the NC.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I disagree. It's just now the point where the football season is getting good. And teams like Stanford who are currently not ranked are likely to end up ranked again when the season is over.

Most teams have easy games to start the season and then the tough games are in the back of the schedule. So the amount of 1 loss teams is going to drop dramatically.

There is no way they will have 3 SEC teams in the final. The 3 SEC teams now are the result of many games left to be played + voting.

See what happens is 1 voter has like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Ole Miss
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Alabama

And then another voter may have like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Auburn
4. TCU
5. Ole Miss
6. Alabama

So even though neither had 3 SEC teams in their top4, the final result ends with 3 because of the average. Final ends up being something like:

1. Miss St
2. Florida St
3. Ole Miss
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. TCU

With me still?

Because they will believe that either Auburn or Ole Miss is the 2nd best team there. BUT, these 2 teams actually play this coming weekend. So what will happen? 1 of them is going to drop down and that will clear things up. They will have 2 losses each and they are going to drop down to like #10 or down below most 1 loss teams.

And that is going to happen every week until the end of the season. By the time we get to the end, it's going to be very clear which teams belong and much of this is going to work itself out. At best you will see 2 SEC teams.

As an Alabama fan, I saw the crazy happen in 2011. I never even remotely believed Alabama had a chance after losing to LSU. But then 1 after another the top teams lost. Oregon, then K-State, then OkSt, etc. And that loss didn't even happen until the first week in November. Because there are that many high quality games still left to be played. We are just now getting to the good part of the season.

I agree that the SEC teams will clear a path for Notre Dame to move up probably 3 or 4 spots but that still only gets them up to 6th. I also understand that Stanford could very easily move back into the rankings. But knowing two of the guys on the panel are a USC Guy in Haden and a guy Notre Dame fired I'm not sure they will ever get ranked very high by those two dragging their average ranking down. At the end of the day I just don't think Notre Dame will get in if TCU or Kansas State win out and so does Michigan State. The playoff would look like SEC champ, FSU, TCU/KSU and Michigan State.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried to withhold judgment on this issue as much as possible, because I believe its a lot of wasted energy at this juncture in the season. That said, #10 is an insult. The committee is barely veiling its bias in favor of the power 5 conferences and its really not worth arguing otherwise. The "who has ND played so far argument" doesn't really wash. Every team ahead of us may have had more competitive games, but have all, collectively played A LOT worse teams than we have as well. The arguably weakest team on our schedule is Rice, a conference champion last year, and will likely be a bowl eligible team again this year. Everyone ahead of us has played chump FCS teams and lower level directional schools in FBS. Mich. State's "quality" loss was to Oregon, and this isn't Chip Kelly's Oregon. Ours was to FSU on the road on a highly questionable call. The remainder of Mich. St.'s non-conference schedule is a joke, especially compared to ours. Against common opponents, we've looked better.

In the coming weeks, the final confirmation that the fix is in will be when the teams ahead of us aren't punished for killing each other off and if we continue to win, are not rewarded for it. Then we can officially re-name the "power five" conferences into "The Five Mafia Families" because this is nothing but organized theft of the NC.

Pretty much this.

And as I said before, being #10 is the writing on the wall. It shows exactly how the committee views us.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see an SEC team getting their 2nd loss, and the committee keeping them ahead of us.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the BCS system. I want computers in charge of this nonsense since computers aren't biased. You can still have your playoffs but just put the top 4 BCS teams in the playoff instead of having the top 2 in a National Championship game.

I agree with this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see an SEC team getting their 2nd loss, and the committee keeping them ahead of us.

It won't happen. It's more like a wheel, and the SEC team would get pushed to the top of the 2 loss teams at best. Look at LSU if you need proof of this. Big name, has 2 losses and they both came at the hands of a top5 teams, just beat a top4 team and team currently in the playoffs and still no where near Notre Dame.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen. It's more like a wheel, and the SEC team would get pushed to the top of the 2 loss teams at best. Look at LSU if you need proof of this. Big name, has 2 losses and they both came at the hands of a top5 teams, just beat a top4 team and team currently in the playoffs and still no where near Notre Dame.

If Auburn were to lose this weekend, do you see them falling behind ND?

I don't think I see that happening.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn were to lose this weekend, do you see them falling behind ND?

I don't think I see that happening.

Yes I do. Same for Ole Piss if they lose(which btw is not unlikely, they have a few injuries and Bo Wallace is bad at times and has problems with the coaching staff).

I guess either way we'll know for sure next week. I'll be downright surprised if a 2 loss SEC team stays above any 1 loss team with a decent SoS(aka Notre Dame).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To further illustrate the absurdity of the committee's rankings (and I'm stealing this from another site I just read but man does it resonate), if the flag doesn't get thrown, what are the odds we are ranked lower than 2? We'd be the only other undefeated along with Miss. St. Flag thrown, and we are 8 spots lower? One play made that much of a leap?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To further illustrate the absurdity of the committee's rankings (and I'm stealing this from another site I just read but man does it resonate), if the flag doesn't get thrown, what are the odds we are ranked lower than 2? We'd be the only other undefeated along with Miss. St. Flag thrown, and we are 8 spots lower? One play made that much of a leap?

0% chance.

It would seem that the number one factor for the committee is record.

1. Mississippi State (7-0)
2. Florida State (7-0)

---END 0 Loss teams---

3. Auburn (6-1)
4. Ole Miss (7-1)
5. Oregon (7-1)
6. Alabama(7-1)
7. TCU (6-1)
8. Michigan State (7-1)
9. Kansas State (6-1)
10. Notre Dame (6-1)
11. Georgia (6-1)
12. Arizona (6-1)
13. Baylor (6-1)
14. Arizona State (6-1)
15. Nebraska (7-1)
16. Ohio State (6-1)
17. Utah (6-1)

---END 1 Loss Teams---

18. Oklahoma (5-2)
19. LSU (7-2)
20. West Virginia (6-2)
21. Clemson (6-2)
22. UCLA (6-2)
23. East Carolina (6-1)
24. Duke (6-1)
25. Louisville (6-2)

The only 2 1 loss teams that aren't among the rest of the group are ECU(not a P5 conference team) and Duke(who has a SoS that is terrible apparently).

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. Same for Ole Piss if they lose(which btw is not unlikely, they have a few injuries and Bo Wallace is bad at times and has problems with the coaching staff).

I guess either way we'll know for sure next week. I'll be downright surprised if a 2 loss SEC team stays above any 1 loss team with a decent SoS(aka Notre Dame).

Glad we have an Alabama fan on here that doesn't spew ND hatred and brings something positive to the conversation. This forum is so much better than espn.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee showed their ass last night.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just using Auburn as an example.

I think Auburn is the better team, I also think Auburn is going to beat Ole Miss rather handily.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain Ty Willingham credentails is this not the coach that got fired from ND and went winless and than got fired from UW. If I am not mistaken he took a coaching job as assitant for Womens golf at Stanford guess why no one wants him as head coach not even at the lower levels? I bet everyone in this room has watch more college football than Rice has. Than we have Pat Haden come on atheltic director for USC what??

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those are the same issues I'm having about this committee.

Pat Haden played for USC and is now the AD at USC. . . . No, he doesn't hate Notre Dame. . . .