• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB Playoff for 2014

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Champion's Bowl might be a site on ESPN or CBS... I've never even heard of that bowl.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for empty stadiums during the semi final and lots controversy if the seeds don't look like 1-4 in the polls. Selection Committee my @$$

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empty stadiums?

I doubt it. Unless there are a bunch of ACC teams in the playoff. :drum:

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selection committee is some booshyte - you know politics are going to intervene somewhere down the line.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not seeing any empty seats. The Tide seats will always be packed.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington, D.C. -- The group of university presidents who oversee college football's Bowl Championship Series agreed today to launch a new four-team, seeded post-season playoff to determine the national collegiate champion. The new format will begin with the 2014-2015 season.

"We recognize that the BCS has been controversial in some years, but we also believe it has turned college football from a regional sport into a wonderfully popular national sport, much to the benefit of our alumni, student-athletes and fans," the twelve members of the BCS Presidential Oversight Committee said in a joint statement. "We now seek to build an even better college football season by creating a four-team playoff to crown the national champion, while protecting the regular season and the bowl experience. We're delighted to support this format and congratulate the group of conference commissioners who have done so much for college football and who worked so hard to make this happen."

The group of presidents also endorsed:

• Rotation of the semifinal games among six bowl sites and rotation of the championship game among neutral sites. The championship game will be managed by the conferences and will not be branded as a bowl game.

• Creation of a selection committee that will rank the teams to play in the playoff, giving all the teams an equal opportunity to participate. Among the factors the committee will value are win-loss record, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, and whether a team is a conference champion.

The POC also decided to:

• Enhance college football by playing the semifinals New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. The date of the first semifinal games will be either Wednesday, December 31, 2014, or Thursday, January 1, 2015.

• Create "Championship Monday" by setting the date of the championship game on the first Monday in January that is six or more days after the final semi-final game is played. As a result, in the first five years the championship game will be played on Monday, January 12, 2015; Monday, January 11, 2016; Monday, January 9, 2017; Monday, January 8, 2018; and Monday, January 7, 2019.

• Plan the new format to cover a twelve-year term, from the 2014-2015 season through the 2025-2026 season.

• Distribute revenue from games in a manner that remains under discussion. Generally speaking the concept would (1) reward conferences for success on the field (2) accommodate teams' expenses (3) acknowledge marketplace factors and (4) reward academic performance of student-athletes.

• Eliminate the "automatic qualification" designation.

Among additional matters to be decided later are the name of the new event; the composition of and procedures for the selection committee; the final funding formula; and which bowls will participate as rotating hosts of semi-final playoff games.

The decision is subject to passage of appropriate legislation by the NCAA Board of Directors to permit the two semifinal winners to play an additional post-season game.

"We are very pleased with this new arrangement," the presidents said. "College football's championship game is America's second most watched sporting event and we're proud to build on our successes as we grow the sport and hear the voices of everyone who loves college football."

just putting this here for the link haters

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should cite your source, lest you appear to be claiming that as your own work.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not seeing any empty seats. The Tide seats will always be packed.

Won't be easy for fans to travel to two locations for 3 days within 3 weeks of each other.

Airfare, tickets, rentals, lodging, food etc..

They'll fill them will local yocals at the site locations for sure but there will be less real fans traveling to each. The NCG yes. To semis? Not really.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be easy for fans to travel to two locations for 3 days within 3 weeks of each other.

Airfare, tickets, rentals, lodging, food etc..

They'll fill them will local yocals at the site locations for sure but there will be less real fans traveling to each. The NCG yes. To semis? Not really.

Id tend to think the opposite if anything. I know if Iowa were in the semis Id damn well make sure to be there since theres no guarantee your team plays the next game anyway. I dont think packing the semis will be an issue at all, if any game would struggle IMO it'd be the title game and somehow I think that will be fine too :)

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id tend to think the opposite if anything. I know if Iowa were in the semis Id damn well make sure to be there since theres no guarantee your team plays the next game anyway. I dont think packing the semis will be an issue at all, if any game would struggle IMO it'd be the title game and somehow I think that will be fine too :)

could be right. I guess for me it would depend on who we were playing and if I thought we had a legitimate shot at winning. If we were favored in my mind I might take the risk to put the money towards the CCG.

If we were underdogs, I still want to go to SOME bowl game so I'd spend my money there.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams won't have any problems providing fans to fill seats, no matter how many games there are or where they are at. Others will.