• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CC Sabathia makes first rehab start

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History tells you not to pay too much attention to the results when veteran major league pitchers go off to make rehabilitation starts in the minor leagues.

So the biggest takeaway from CC Sabathia's first rehab start Saturday night in Tampa is that the New York Yankees left-hander was able to pitch in a game for the first time since May 10.

Sabathia threw 2⅓ innings for the Class A Tampa Yankees, allowing two runs on three hits. The runs scored on a two-out single by Christian Lopes, Dunedin's No. 9 hitter, who came into the game with a .224 batting average.

"I felt really good," Sabathia said. "I didn't know what to expect. Obviously I want to be healthy and not have any problems, and got that accomplished."

The Yankees wanted Sabathia to throw three innings or 40-45 pitches, and Tampa manager Al Pedrique removed him after 36 pitches (24 strikes). Sabathia walked one and struck out two.

"Definitely need to work on my secondary pitches," said Sabathia, whose fastball was consistently in the 87-89 mph range. "I couldn't be happier with the way I felt physically out there. It feels good to be back out there competing. Hopefully I can get back in the big leagues pretty quick."

The Yankees have yet to announce when and where Sabathia will make his next start, but manager Joe Girardi said Friday that the lefty will need to make a minimum of three minor league starts before the team would consider bringing him back to the major leagues.

Sabathia has been on the disabled list with right knee inflammation. He was 3-4 with a 5.28 ERA in eight starts before going on the DL.

Source: ESPN New York

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be back by mid July and back to his old self, throwing non-quality starts. :clap:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Yankees could use CC back. the AL east is up to anybody now. the yankees need to make there move and take the lead