• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBs

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we pick up another CB? If yes, then who?

Getting Deshawn Shead back would be huge. Any word on a return date yet?

Beyond that, it would take someone willing to play for a smaller contract.

I saw Vontae Davis was cut but then read that he is having season ending groin surgery so he is out.

Byron Maxell was talked about recently and suddenly seems like a viable option.

Is Darrelle Revis still out there, and would he play for less $$ for a chance at a SB run?

How about Sam Shields? Is he still available?

Brandon Flowers retired so I doubt you could talk him back.

Tracy Porter? He was decent at one time.

After that it seems to be pretty bottom of the barrel. Justin Gilbert is a high draft bust so that is at least intriguing.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they don't add a CB. Maybe they elevate Mike davis. Lane coming back is looking like a big thank you to Houston for rejecting him.
Is Shaq ok? How is Shead coming along? Shead's health could be huge in our situation.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bigger issue with Earl Thomas on the sideline.

If Shead AND Griffin are both out we're probably fucked, but if Thomas and those two guys are out we're DEFINITELY fucked.

Fortunately we have an extra few days to heal/rest... these Thursday games gotta go, though. I never liked them in the first place AND I've moved to Chicago where you can actually get home from work, shower/eat before you turn on the tube. In Seattle it was a pain in the ass to get out of the office by 5PM and get home and rush to turn on the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is that this is almost like a bye week for us. 11 days until our next game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we still have Lane? I know he's pissy with the team but he's a decent corner. It might be a good thing that he failed that Houston physical.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up....What's wrong with Shaq? What did I miss?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold up....What's wrong with Shaq? What did I miss?
Hurt shoulder in the game but he came back. I don't think he's iffy going forward.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard good things on Shead a couple weeks ago but not too much since. Assuming some good fortune there, we have Shead-Griffin-Coleman-Lane. That's not bad at all, especially if Dion Jordan can build on what he did last night and Freeney keeps contributing here and there.

Maxwell could be worth a look, especially if we can't get there with Shead before the deadline to activate him (cannot remember when that is, but it's soon).

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt shoulder in the game but he came back. I don't think he's iffy going forward.
Whew, ok. I remember him getting hurt in the game but didn't think it was that serious.

We also have Neiko on the active roster than can play corner, so I honestly think that they don't need to go out and get anyone.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have Neiko on the active roster than can play corner, so I honestly think that they don't need to go out and get anyone.
I guess we will see how much they trust Neiko and/or whether they think Shead can return.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see how much they trust Neiko and/or whether they think Shead can return.
Not sure about him @ corner but damn that guy can play special teams. He's had 3 really good games in a row.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we still have Lane? I know he's pissy with the team but he's a decent corner. It might be a good thing that he failed that Houston physical.

Funny how he failed the physical in Houston but he's playing ball right away for us ? Tha #@$%@ ? I mean I'll take him right now , we need him at the moment...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should go out and get a vet replacement though, we need to keep depth at that position, we have some young guy's that can come in, but having adding another vet I think is a must... Let's see what John has up his sleeve...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how he failed the physical in Houston but he's playing ball right away for us ? Tha #@$%@ ? I mean I'll take him right now , we need him at the moment...
Yeah, sorta seems like maybe Houston needs to be scrutinized a bit by the league for their shenanigans....but meanwhile, the Hawks are the ones about to be investigated for RW's half hearted attempt at concussion protocol.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Kam? Really gonna need him and Earl back next Sunday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Shead comes back they were going to have to move a CB, They traded lane i believe because they figured that would also open a spot for Shead in a week or two. Now Sherman is out so that Opens a spot for Shead and Lane is back. Where is the need for CB at?

Sucks to lose Sherman there is no doubt and i hope Earl is back next game. If you told me we had to lose Sherman or Earl for the Season i would pick Sherman. Lots of injuries and CB might not even be the worst area. We will need an even more potent pass rush so we got to keep a eye on our DT and DE's. The pass rush will need to take another step to help on the back end and we can NOT afford to lose anymore of or guys in that area. NONE!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Shead, whose availability is still unknown, the Hawks have a couple of in-house options at corner that they can try. Danny, Dave and Moore brought up Mike Tyson as a possibility off of the practice squad. The other CB option from the practice squad would be Akeem King, who I admit I don't know much about.

Anyway, using a practice squad player gives you the benefit of bringing in a guy who already practices for you and he already counts against the salary cap so if you're strapped for salary cap space and you need depth at a position, you don't have to go out and sign a free agent who is probably going to want a lot more than you're paying your PS guy. The downside, of course, is that the guy is probably on the practice squad for a reason.

None of the guys they bring in, either off the practice squad or "off the street" are Richard Sherman, so you're losing something no matter who you choose, but I think it comes down to how much money the Hawks want to spend on a guy who isn't likely to play much anyway.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Shead, whose availability is still unknown, the Hawks have a couple of in-house options at corner that they can try. Danny, Dave and Moore brought up Mike Tyson as a possibility off of the practice squad. The other CB option from the practice squad would be Akeem King, who I admit I don't know much about.

Anyway, using a practice squad player gives you the benefit of bringing in a guy who already practices for you and he already counts against the salary cap so if you're strapped for salary cap space and you need depth at a position, you don't have to go out and sign a free agent who is probably going to want a lot more than you're paying your PS guy. The downside, of course, is that the guy is probably on the practice squad for a reason.

None of the guys they bring in, either off the practice squad or "off the street" are Richard Sherman, so you're losing something no matter who you choose, but I think it comes down to how much money the Hawks want to spend on a guy who isn't likely to play much anyway.

The only guy I'd bring off the street is Maxwell. He's struggled in Philly and Miami but he does know our system.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy I'd bring off the street is Maxwell. He's struggled in Philly and Miami but he does know our system.

So if Revis was willing to come in a play for the minimum you wouldn't like that as an option? Or Sheilds, Flowers, or Porter?

None of these guys are worldbeaters at this point but presumably still better than a practice squad player. There is a reason practice squad players are on the ps. They are young borderline NFL players with a bit of potential. You almost never see them make an impact in the league.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Revis was willing to come in a play for the minimum you wouldn't like that as an option? Or Sheilds, Flowers, or Porter?

None of these guys are worldbeaters at this point but presumably still better than a practice squad player. There is a reason practice squad players are on the ps. They are young borderline NFL players with a bit of potential. You almost never see them make an impact in the league.

For league minimum I guess I could go with it, but would they come in for the minimum knowing the spot the Hawks are in.