• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS' Hot Seat ratings for all FBS coaches

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dooley will be fine. Joker Phillips and T. Tubbs are at two places where it's hard to win, I don't get putting coaches in those places on "hot seats".

Granted, Leach spoiled em at Tech, but there aren't many coaches with a gimmick offense like that that can win at 2nd or 3rd tier programs.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley has fans in Tennessee, and his last name helps a little too. Kiffin left that place in shambles, and it's hard recruiting at UT because of the lack of instate talent. They should give him more time.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley has fans in Tennessee, and his last name helps a little too. Kiffin left that place in shambles, and it's hard recruiting at UT because of the lack of instate talent. They should give him more time.

No doubt.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Dennis Dodd...........

You could feed Tom Osborne crack cocaine and he still wouldn't consider firing Bo Pelini after winning 9-10 games each of his first 4 seasons.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've heard, the way his contract alone is set up will give him 2 more yrs. at least. FWIW

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS rankings are a load of you know what

Chip Kelly on the bubble?

really?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Dennis Dodd...........

You could feed Tom Osborne crack cocaine and he still wouldn't consider firing Bo Pelini after winning 9-10 games each of his first 4 seasons.

Maybe that's why he gave him a safe rating.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS rankings are a load of you know what

Chip Kelly on the bubble?

really?

I think it was based on pending investigations and his reported flirtation with the NFL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Ole Miss missing from that list? Who did they hire? I know they're doing a good job recruiting this year from the standings thread.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he's a 3 according to Dodds. LMAO. Guy is such a tool.

No point in getting mad about it. Just a couple of guys opinion on it. I would have to agree that it's not the most stable of situations with the NCAA hover over head.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's about the potential to leave then it isn't a hot seat.

That's something else. Predictor of change.

hot seat is and always has been about getting the boot............

I mean if that WERE the case why hasn't Chris Petersen been at 5 in previous years when he was always half way out the door??? That explanation is not consistent.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Ole Miss missing from that list? Who did they hire? I know they're doing a good job recruiting this year from the standings thread.

They're on there, Hugh Freeze is their new coach.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are just bizarre:

Gene Chizik at a 2.0? Really? Unless they go 2-10, there is no way he gets fired two years after winning the title.

Jerry Kill is completely secure. 3-9 with the group he inherited was a great season, and they were playing passable by the end of the year. To have him at a 3.0 is crazy.

Gary Pinkel's job becomes more secure despite having a rough 8-5 season (with two losses due to awful coaching mistakes) and a DUI. Plus, now he is moving to a conference where he will likely struggle.

Chris Ault may literally be the most secure coach in football. To have him at a 2.0 is baffling when he built the program from nothing and they are only two years removed from a 13-1 season.

Brian Kelly is pretty secure at Notre Dame. He'll get a lot of sympathy because of that impossible schedule, so 4-8 or better and he'll be fine. He has no business being a 3.5.

Chip Kelly at a 3.0? I get that he is sketchy, but that hasn't bothered Oregon fans before. I don't know why it would bother them now.

Mack Brown will not be fired. If there were the right candidate out there, I guess I could see him getting a Lloyd Carr-style forceout, but that guy isn't out there. He has no business being a 2.5.

Considering how high Washington's expectations are, I wouldn't be surprised if Sarkisian got the boot after a 5-7 season. I think they are overrated, so i'd put him in the 2.5 or 3.0 range, not at 1.0.

Still a good read, but I have more disagreements than I do most years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien at 2.5? Immediate credibility crisis.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's about the potential to leave then it isn't a hot seat.

That's something else. Predictor of change.

hot seat is and always has been about getting the boot............

I mean if that WERE the case why hasn't Chris Petersen been at 5 in previous years when he was always half way out the door??? That explanation is not consistent.

Not necessarily about the potential to leave as far the relationship of his flirtation with the NFL & the hot seat, but maybe the fact that he ruffled a few feathers (pardon the pun) for even thinking about leaving... but I'm sure the NCAA investigation is the main thing, heads may have to roll and depending on how bad it is, that may be Kelly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these are just bizarre:
Mack Brown will not be fired. If there were the right candidate out there, I guess I could see him getting a Lloyd Carr-style forceout, but that guy isn't out there. He has no business being a 2.5.

^^