• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Casey Dehn Off The Team

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. This board is not near active enough, and i'd imagine that one of the major reasons is that we are never posting news and discussing it. Because of this, i'll be posting much more about the Badger team beginning today.

In today's news, guard Casey Dehn has left the team. As you may recall, he left it once before because he could not handle academics and the football workload. He came back and seemed to be the favorite for the starting RG spot (the only real question mark on the O-Line).

Obviously, with him gone, the question shifts to who will take over that spot. Burge and Voltz seem to be the frontrunners. Burge is obviously the safe pick, but Markuson is always gushing about Voltz.

What do you all think? Is this a big blow? Who should start?

Another question to consider: Could this possibly be to open up a spot for a Penn State recruit? This is a fairly new story, so i'm not sure what his scholarship situation is, but the timing would appear to be a big coincidence.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure I want to see Voltz out there already, but what the hell do I know? I think that Burge has also been the subject of coaches raising their eyebrows and saying things about all the progress he's making. I don't really have a pick. Obviously they're going to have to fight for the spot. I don't think it's a big blow, I don't think he was the hands down favorite to win that spot. Obviously if the right side of the line doesn't get it together we're going to struggle a little more running to that side than we've gotten used to over the last 5 years(minus 2008).

I don't think the Badgers will recruit a Penn State player. They'll keep the scholarship open for one of the 2013 commits they've been talking to.