• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My boss is a NDSU alum so i have watched quite a few of there games over the past few years i'm not sure i see the Luck comparison, but i do like the Cam Newton comparison

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My boss is a NDSU alum so i have watched quite a few of there games over the past few years i'm not sure i see the Luck comparison, but i do like the Cam Newton comparison

I waivered back and forth Goff or Wentz in CLE...I think the hand comment by Hue sealed it...Wentz will most likely be a Brown.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the Titans are the winner if Wentz is the clear cut top prospect? It could make that #1 pick easier to trade if they decide to go that route.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I don't think there's any shock he'll go to Cleveland. I feel that while teams always want to trade out of the #1 spot, those teams just demand WAY too much for a trade. Multiple 1sts, 2nds, etc. Kind of a paradox IMO. "We'd love to trade out of the 1st overall, but please give us the farm." Snyder isn't in the market for a QB so that pretty much takes away that trade potential.

Bosa played very well in the combine as well and Tunsil is a consensus #1 considering Mariota took a HUGE amount of sacks/hits last year (including injury). Chargers desperately need to fix a terrible defense and losing Weddle (likely) isn't going to make anything better. Kind of one of those, falling because of needs things.

Wentz killed the combine, but he wasn't a Luck/Manning kind of prospect in the first place. The Browns will safely secure him at #2 and we can watch Wentz bust in a couple years because lolBrowns and add to the QB failed Browns jersey thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the Titans are the winner if Wentz is the clear cut top prospect? It could make that #1 pick easier to trade if they decide to go that route.

I think there's enough Goff support (of being the more polished player) to keep the two fairly close together...I wouldn't be too excited to give up 3+ top picks to jump CLE.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do take Wentz hopefully for the first time in a long time he turns out to be a good QB. They have some good weapons, especially if Gordon comes back.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I'm comfortable with Luck and Newton comparisons. I see Joe Flacco. Big arm, small school, a little bit of mobility but not a guy you want running at the next level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if I'm comfortable with Luck and Newton comparisons. I see Joe Flacco. Big arm, small school, a little bit of mobility but not a guy you want running at the next level.

His running ability is pretty similar to Luck IMO. I don't get the Newton comparison.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His running ability is pretty similar to Luck IMO. I don't get the Newton comparison.

Coming out Cam was very similar to Wentz both big strong QBs that would make 1 read then take off running if they don't like what they saw both have stronger arms than Luck too. Luck on the other hand was a very polished passer that could call his own plays, read defense, and get through his progressions. He runs as a last resort not as a first option. Another comparison i like is Wentz to Kaepernick(I think Wentz would do well in a Read Option Pistol)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Wentz hype is hilarious. The Browns are gonna take him, and he's gonna suck. Like flies to s**t.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out Cam was very similar to Wentz both big strong QBs that would make 1 read then take off running if they don't like what they saw both have stronger arms than Luck too. Luck on the other hand was a very polished passer that could call his own plays, read defense, and get through his progressions. He runs as a last resort not as a first option. Another comparison i like is Wentz to Kaepernick(I think Wentz would do well in a Read Option Pistol)

I only really saw Wentz' bowl game, but I didn't see him as a 1 read QB, but more of a pocket passer that can run when needed. He was manipulating safeties with his eyes even in the Senior Bowl. I think that STILL puts him ahead of Kaep.

Cam has a stronger arm, is a stronger runner, but I think Wentz has better passer mechanics.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only really saw Wentz' bowl game, but I didn't see him as a 1 read QB, but more of a pocket passer that can run when needed. He was manipulating safeties with his eyes even in the Senior Bowl. I think that STILL puts him ahead of Kaep.

Cam has a stronger arm, is a stronger runner, but I think Wentz has better passer mechanics.
Yeah, he is at least as good of a QB prospect as Bortles. I think Wentz has a better arm but Bortles has been throwing it around in the NFL so it might be in the same ballpark. I also think Wentz might have a higher football IQ but Bortles was a lot more proven in clutch moments coming out.

I think if Goff's teammates helped him out more, he'd be the #1 guy based on college accomplishments. There is a lot of film of him with Cal players dropping passes that turned into INTs and turnstyle olines that make him scramble around like an idiot. When he played against Stanford, it looked like he was throwing behind receivers to prevent Stanford players from even touching the ball but it also prevented YAC situations, too. Its as if Goff didn't trust his WRs to make plays against Stanford. And maybe he shouldn't have. Goff is right around where Teddy Bridgewater was coming out imo. Bridgewater is probably a QB somewhere in the 10-15 range as a starter in his first 2 years. That should be a top pick. For some reason the NFL sees that as a late 1st round pick.

So one guy roughly in the Bortles territory and one guy in the Bridgewater territory just 2 years after they were drafted 29 picks apart. You have to figure that the gap has closed quite a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one guy roughly in the Bortles territory and one guy in the Bridgewater territory just 2 years after they were drafted 29 picks apart. You have to figure that the gap has closed quite a bit.

That 29 pick gap was due to faulty reasoning over a bad pro day though. He would likely have been drafted much earlier if he had worn gloves during his pro day. Good comparison with Goff though in terms of hand size.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does that even mean?

My guess is because they have a lot of crappy weather games and some tough nosed defenses that having a guy with big hands and the body to handle some big hits is why they say he fits well into the AFC North. I would say those big bodied QB's though are showing plenty of wear and tear. Flacco, Dalton, and Roethlisberger all missed time this past season because of injuries.