• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carruth

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Panthers WR Carruth seeks custody of son

Are you kidding me? Carruth is trying to get custody of a kid that he tried to murder & in the process wound up killing the kid's mom & disabling him for life. What a joke. This guy will have a hard enough time putting his own life together after he is released later this year. Taking on the additional burden of a special needs kid will be problematic at best & you have to wonder about Carruth's angle on this one. This should never happen.

Looks like his time in prison didn't prepare him for the real world, did it? Because as soon as he walks into a courtroom with this absurd request, the judge will probably do his/her best to stifle a laugh before telling this idiot to get the hell out of there before being sentenced back to prison for being a blithering idiot.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like his time in prison didn't prepare him for the real world, did it? Because as soon as he walks into a courtroom with this absurd request, the judge will probably do his/her best to stifle a laugh before telling this idiot to get the hell out of there before being sentenced back to prison for being a blithering idiot.

I don't see it getting that far. Carruth is grandstanding now to try to help himself in any way possible in the court of public opinion. I highly doubt that he cares about having any type of relationship with his son.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were a somewhat different situation I might see this happening. However - this is very unique. You are talking about someone just getting out of prison who needs to first straighten out his life. He then is trying to establish a relationship w/ someone he never knew personally. He had his son's mother murdered & tried to kill the kid himself.

Add the fact that his son is a special needs person who requires all types of time & money just to survive. I find it extremely difficult to believe that someone who never wanted this kid is now ready to devote all of that to him. The son is likely not able to determine on his own whether he wants a relationship w/ his Dad (most likely would not) due to his circumstances. In that case the grandmother should decide & she already stated that he needs to keep his distance. End of story - Carruth has no rt to be close with his son.

won't the kid be 18 soon? i see a legal battle in there somewhere if Carruth decides he wants to be a part of the young man's life.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it getting that far. Carruth is grandstanding now to try to help himself in any way possible in the court of public opinion. I highly doubt that he cares about having any type of relationship with his son.

How can you know that for sure?

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were a somewhat different situation I might see this happening. However - this is very unique. You are talking about someone just getting out of prison who needs to first straighten out his life. He then is trying to establish a relationship w/ someone he never knew personally. He had his son's mother murdered & tried to kill the kid himself.

Add the fact that his son is a special needs person who requires all types of time & money just to survive. I find it extremely difficult to believe that someone who never wanted this kid is now ready to devote all of that to him. The son is likely not able to determine on his own whether he wants a relationship w/ his Dad (most likely would not) due to his circumstances. In that case the grandmother should decide & she already stated that he needs to keep his distance. End of story - Carruth has no rt to be close with his son.
YES -This should be what happens. He can show he is a good father by respectfully maintaining a comfortable distance until, if ever, he is wanted in the picture by her family and the child.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know about how he genuinely feels about "having a relationship" with his son... but knowing the kid suffers from cerebral palsy as a direct result of Carruth's actions, I wonder what the court will feel about any type of custody battle. And - he openly talks about "lies" from Saundra Adams (grandmother and custodian of the kid) in the recent interview he did. I "guess" I can see his point about wanting to be a future custodian of the kid after the grandmother is gone. But I don't see how the court can buy into that. At least not yet.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As per the article:

Carruth is scheduled to be released from Sampson Correctional Institution in Clinton, North Carolina, on Oct. 22. He was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in 2001 after being found guilty of hiring Van Brett Watkins and Michael Kennedy to murder Adams. Watkins, who shot Adams multiple times, was sentenced to a minimum of 40 years. Kennedy, who drove the car, was released in 2011.

The fact that all 3 of them are not 6 feet under is completely f***ed. :tsk:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is rehabilitated that is what our system does.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you know that for sure?

I don't know for sure. That's why I said "highly doubt".

But he never had any type of relationship with his oldest son, why does he all of a sudden want to be a part of his younger son's life? Answer, he wants to try to rehabilitate his image.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the grandmother ( the ex's mom) was actually taken the boy up to the prison so he could visit with Carruth, I wouldn't be shocked if the courts gave him custody, its what they do...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Carruth and his son are staying at Mcnabbs' house

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about how he genuinely feels about "having a relationship" with his son... but knowing the kid suffers from cerebral palsy as a direct result of Carruth's actions, I wonder what the court will feel about any type of custody battle. And - he openly talks about "lies" from Saundra Adams (grandmother and custodian of the kid) in the recent interview he did. I "guess" I can see his point about wanting to be a future custodian of the kid after the grandmother is gone. But I don't see how the court can buy into that. At least not yet.

I bet he hires someone to kill the grandmother

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he hires someone to kill the grandmother

With what money? I can't imagine he had any kind of nest egg from his signing bonus and he didn't play long enough to qualify for a pension.

I'm just wondering if Rae would have let her have the kid normally and if he were to grow up as some superstar athlete. He could have been the next Lavar Ball.

Rae denied him that chance and should not be given any right to contact him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy did his time. maybe he's reformed and wants to have a relationship with his son now.

He's still blaming his son's mom for why things went down the way they did. Even if what he claims is 100% the truth. The bottom line is Carruth paid someone to murder the woman who was carrying said son in her womb at the time. And in doing set in motion the events that would lead to the various mental and physical disabilities that afflict said son to this day.

That's a hellified foundation to build a relationship from.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still blaming his son's mom for why things went down the way they did. Even if what he claims is 100% the truth. The bottom line is Carruth paid someone to murder the woman who was carrying said son in her womb at the time. And in doing set in motion the events that would lead to the various mental and physical disabilities that afflict said son to this day.

That's a hellified foundation to build a relationship from.

Maybe he found Jesus while in prison. Or Muhammad. The real bottom line is that blood is thicker than strangers tears.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he found Jesus while in prison. Or Muhammad. The real bottom line is that blood is thicker than strangers tears.

Perhaps, and starting off a blood is thicker than water tale with. The father had the mother of his son murdered while his son was still in her womb. Which resulted in his son being physically and mentally handicapped for life will probably be a helleva of tester to that belief.