• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carruth

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Panthers WR Carruth seeks custody of son

Are you kidding me? Carruth is trying to get custody of a kid that he tried to murder & in the process wound up killing the kid's mom & disabling him for life. What a joke. This guy will have a hard enough time putting his own life together after he is released later this year. Taking on the additional burden of a special needs kid will be problematic at best & you have to wonder about Carruth's angle on this one. This should never happen.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's trying to garner sympathy. Publicly acting like he wants to be a dad and he's learned from the error of his ways.

This guy should be doing life, but he'll be out atter 17 years. He should count his blessings and just STFU.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he even getting out? That guy is a sociopath

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.....

WELL... I... just cleaned up 5GB of hard drive space by deleting unneeded p0rn from my hard drive. Yep *drinks Vodka*.. feelin' pretty damn good right now.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy did his time. maybe he's reformed and wants to have a relationship with his son now.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a monster and should be forced to watch an endless loop of Bill Belichick's press conferences 24/7

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn't being completely self-centered, and wants a relationship with his son, then he should give him space. If he allows his son to maintain his current living situation, and then let's the relationship play out naturally, I might believe he seriously wants to know his son. If it has to be all about his wants and needs, then I'm not buying it. It's extremely unlikely he was falsely convicted. He's probably fanticising the relationship they will have anyways.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it amazes me he is allowed out of prison. There shouldn't even be a conversation about him getting custody

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to release that guy???!!!??? WTF???

As per the article:

Carruth is scheduled to be released from Sampson Correctional Institution in Clinton, North Carolina, on Oct. 22. He was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in 2001 after being found guilty of hiring Van Brett Watkins and Michael Kennedy to murder Adams. Watkins, who shot Adams multiple times, was sentenced to a minimum of 40 years. Kennedy, who drove the car, was released in 2011.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn't being completely self-centered, and wants a relationship with his son, then he should give him space. If he allows his son to maintain his current living situation, and then let's the relationship play out naturally, I might believe he seriously wants to know his son. If it has to be all about his wants and needs, then I'm not buying it. It's extremely unlikely he was falsely convicted. He's probably fanticising the relationship they will have anyways.

If this were a somewhat different situation I might see this happening. However - this is very unique. You are talking about someone just getting out of prison who needs to first straighten out his life. He then is trying to establish a relationship w/ someone he never knew personally. He had his son's mother murdered & tried to kill the kid himself.

Add the fact that his son is a special needs person who requires all types of time & money just to survive. I find it extremely difficult to believe that someone who never wanted this kid is now ready to devote all of that to him. The son is likely not able to determine on his own whether he wants a relationship w/ his Dad (most likely would not) due to his circumstances. In that case the grandmother should decide & she already stated that he needs to keep his distance. End of story - Carruth has no rt to be close with his son.