• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals History Thread

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thread to discuss the history of the of this great team that we all love and it has one of the proudest histories in all of sports with 11 titles and some of the greatest players ever like Musial, Hornsby, Ozzie, Gibson, etc.

So just post what you like about the Cardinals history to get a discussion going.

Lige

Cock Of The Walk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Cardinals supporter for a long, long time and have seen a lot of successful teams along with a few not so good.
Best part of Cardinal Baseball? The relationship, at least in my lifetime, between the fans and the players. Fans are knowledgeable and appreciate good fundamentals and hustle. The players, at least an overwhelming majority, appreciate the support they receive and put out extra effort to win for their supporters. It's not just a team they play for; they play for their fans.

JMHO

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the series where the Cardinals brutalized Tom Niedenfuer..Jack Clark..Ozzie...great series...

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just a little young to really remember 64 and 67 so my foundest memory was of the the 1982 season and World Series win. I turned 21 that year and was at 3 of the 4 series games, including game 7, the party downtown was unbelievable. Clearly that season and the teams of the 80's are my foundest memory.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just a little young to really remember 64 and 67 so my foundest memory was of the the 1982 season and World Series win. I turned 21 that year and was at 3 of the 4 series games, including game 7, the party downtown was unbelievable. Clearly that season and the teams of the 80's are my foundest memory.

That and being there to see Mr. Brock get his 3000 hit. Lou always has been and always will be my favorite Cardinal. I got to meet him once and he is such a nice man. He signed an autograph for me and had a picture taken with my two boys and I. His wife is a class act as well.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was not a Dodgers fan I would be a Cardinals fan. In my opinion these are the two greatest franchises in the game.

When I was a kid, Ken Boyer was my favorite player and I was thrilled to see how well he and the Cardinals did in 1964.

In 1963 Boyer, while in L.A., gave me one of his baseball mitts. I still cherish it to this day.

Yes, the Cardinals have given my Dodgers grief over the years, but I admire the Cardinals and their history.

I will be rooting for them again this season.