• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals eyeing a trade for Alex Smith

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I throw up in my mouth, I will post the thread...

Everyday I am hearing more and more rumors that this might happen and I don't like it. If it happens, prove me wrong and tell me why this makes sense.

And yes, I know Palmer retired and all the backups are free agents, etc. but what does Alex Smith do? Get Larry to come back for another year? He is not a move the needle QB. The offense needs an overhaul. I guess if you can shore up the oline and grab another receiver you can buy a couple of years, but at some point you have to blow this thing up.

8-8 sucks. Start form scratch and build a solid offense.

Arizona Cardinals might be eyeing a trade for QB Alex Smith

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the appeal for Alex to the Cardinals myself, it's not a club that hasn't won before like Cleveland.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the appeal for Alex to the Cardinals myself, it's not a club that hasn't won before like Cleveland.
You and me both. The Cards got Warner at age 33 so fans are acting like "why not Smith"? It's silly.

Warner played his best on the biggest stages, Smith is just the opposite.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Broncos fans wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith in Denver as a stop gap while a young, drafted quarterback gets ready (not Paxton Lynch). However, I can't imagine KC being okay with trading Smith to a division rival. I could see him going to a team like the Cardinals (good defense and good weapons on offense). I'm no Smith lover but the guy is pretty consistent and safe. He could really steady the ship in AZ, while they develop a quarterback of the future. I think this scenario is Alex Smith's future, regardless of the team he lands with.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Broncos fans wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith in Denver as a stop gap while a young, drafted quarterback gets ready (not Paxton Lynch). However, I can't imagine KC being okay with trading Smith to a division rival. I could see him going to a team like the Cardinals (good defense and good weapons on offense). I'm no Smith lover but the guy is pretty consistent and safe. He could really steady the ship in AZ, while they develop a quarterback of the future. I think this scenario is Alex Smith's future, regardless of the team he lands with.
^This

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me both. The Cards got Warner at age 33 so fans are acting like "why not Smith"? It's silly.

Warner played his best on the biggest stages, Smith is just the opposite.
The Cards are full of old or ageing players who wont be there when some draft pick comes into their own. Smith is a smart QB who wont carry a team, but also wont hurt a team.
You have a defense, you have lineman, you have maybe the best RB in the league for now. How can Smith hurt the Cardinals? You have WRs. (sorry don't remember who your TE is)
You should still draft a good QB & by the time Smith is ready to leave if you drafted a good QB it is a seamless transition. Don't know why you wouldn't want Smith?

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a "move the needle qb" as you say but how many are there in the league? And how many are available or going to be?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I throw up in my mouth, I will post the thread...

Everyday I am hearing more and more rumors that this might happen and I don't like it. If it happens, prove me wrong and tell me why this makes sense.

And yes, I know Palmer retired and all the backups are free agents, etc. but what does Alex Smith do? Get Larry to come back for another year? He is not a move the needle QB. The offense needs an overhaul. I guess if you can shore up the oline and grab another receiver you can buy a couple of years, but at some point you have to blow this thing up.

8-8 sucks. Start form scratch and build a solid offense.

Arizona Cardinals might be eyeing a trade for QB Alex Smith
he would b e a good gap piece until you draft the next guy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a "move the needle qb" as you say but how many are there in the league? And how many are available or going to be?
its a league starved of QB talent. smith is better than most out there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age wherever Smith goes he's going to be viewed as a "bridge the gap" type player. Chiefs won't go trading Smith to a divisional rival without a king's ransom, so the Cards would make sense. That team is desperate for stability right now. This move could help lure Fitzgerald for another season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age wherever Smith goes he's going to be viewed as a "bridge the gap" type player. Chiefs won't go trading Smith to a divisional rival without a king's ransom, so the Cards would make sense. That team is desperate for stability right now. This move could help lure Fitzgerald for another season.

Or 2.

Fitz has some gas left in the tank.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Smith as a guy that can look good until the bright lights are on him. Sure he can bridge the gap, but they aren't making a deep playoff push with him. Maybe I am wrong. I just assume you tank for a year or two and stock pile some high draft picks. Give the new coach, whoever that may be, a clean slate.

Most people here seem to think it makes sense. Maybe it does. Who knows.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta have a coach first.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Smith as a guy that can look good until the bright lights are on him. Sure he can bridge the gap, but they aren't making a deep playoff push with him. Maybe I am wrong. I just assume you tank for a year or two and stock pile some high draft picks. Give the new coach, whoever that may be, a clean slate.

Wasn't that Palmer?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thinking aloud here, but you have both the Rams and the 49ers both on the rise, Hawks are on the decline with a rebuild ( needed on the Oline and running back) maybe just maybe their thinking if they do "tank it" it would set the franchise back further and some of these fans down there will walk .....