• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cancel the Oklahoma series now!!!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be 5-7 again next year unless we cancel this series. Its embarassing but so is not going to a bowl game 5 years straight. The rebuilding process will clearly take several years here. We will have better recruits but Vandy is no longer a give me game. I don't think we can get to 6-6 next year unless we drop OU and pick up another cupcakle team.

If we don't make a bowl next year (there is no indication we will with the current schedule) the recruits will dry up. I can't believe I am saying this, but getting to 6 wins should be our objective and I don't see that happing next year unless we cancel the OU game.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect sir the Vols didnt build their reputation by scheduling cupcakes. Personally Id rather see my team miss a bowl than go to the Brownwood Kohler Bowl. just my opinion take it for what its worth.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect sir the Vols didnt build their reputation by scheduling cupcakes. Personally Id rather see my team miss a bowl than go to the Brownwood Kohler Bowl. just my opinion take it for what its worth.

You might rather see the team miss a bowl game again but the recruits don't. What is the point in playing Oklahoma anyways? Do we really need to play 9 ranked teams each year? We are in the SEC and don't need a difficult out of conference schedule. The Vols will get back to be competitive sooner than later, but we need recruits to get us there. Players don't want to committ to a school that consistently loses. Jones is a good coach, but the team is not ready yet. We can't keep getting stomped on national TV against powerhouses.