• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we talk about the receivers

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of you homers willing to admit that they stink? La Fell had his annual "one good game" yesterday. Ross is going to be a tremendous bust - You can already see it. Boyd's upside is a 3rd receiver and downside is a guy that can't even beat out Cody Core. Core? Not as good as hoped. Kroft? I guess he catches the ball on those lucky times he's open.

These guys are terrible - Given that the Titans can't rush the passer, Dalton actually had some time to throw a few times yesterday, but these guys couldn't separate. They suck.

Discuss.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m willing to eat crow on John Ross. I loved his college tape. Thought his speed could add a wrinkle to this offense. Then the reality that Marvin Lewis coaches this team set in. I’m gonna reserve judgment until Ross actually gets playing time, but I’m already concerned.

LaFell is what he is. A mediocre, journeyman possession receiver. He doesn’t get separation whatsoever. He accumulated some stats last year because he was the only healthy guy down the stretch with no AJ or Eifert. I was more than okay with letting him walk this offseason. The Bengals decided to give him starter money because, well, they’re the Bengals.

Boyd has been disappointing. I liked him in college. He has good hands and ran good routes. I figured he could work the middle of the field and be a reliable chain mover. He can’t even get on the field these days, injured or not.

I’ve never bought the Cody Core hype. He’s a camp body who the FO wants to pass off as Marvin Jones Vol. 2 (he’s not even close). Erickson is a special teamer, Malone is a rookie.

I need to see more of Tyler Kroft. He hasn’t played much until this season. He looked good against the Browns. But then again, so did Jeremy Hill. He was a drop machine yesterday.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping John Ross can stretch the field; however, by the time he runs 20 yards someone is giving up a sack. Boyd can do better. wish they'd shut up about the rest. Lafell came at the right price, he shouldn't be a #2 on any serious team.