• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we talk about Servais?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to write up a really long thing about this, but I think we can all agree that he is costing the team wins. Some of his managerial decisions have been questionable at best - which is another way of saying they've been pretty fucking stupid.

If the team misses the playoffs this year, it'll be by a couple of games. Servais has definitely cost us at least a couple of games.

Last night for example, what the fuck? 1. Why was Diaz in there in a non-save situation. 2. Why was Diaz pitching that day to begin with? Diaz pitched 4 of the last 5 days and that was his third consecutive day pitching.

Even then, he should've been pulled. I didn't watch the game but I can see that he walked 3 batters, that tells me he didn't have it.

If the Mariners miss the playoffs, that needs to be the excuse to fire Servais. Even if the Mariners make the playoffs, I'd want him replaced. JD claims to be an analytics guy, well to me it seems like Servais doesn't fit that mold.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Servais is JD's guy!

He hand picked him! There is no way in hell JD dumps only after two seasons...It would look like a fail!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to write up a really long thing about this, but I think we can all agree that he is costing the team wins. Some of his managerial decisions have been questionable at best - which is another way of saying they've been pretty fucking stupid.

If the team misses the playoffs this year, it'll be by a couple of games. Servais has definitely cost us at least a couple of games.

Last night for example, what the fuck? 1. Why was Diaz in there in a non-save situation. 2. Why was Diaz pitching that day to begin with? Diaz pitched 4 of the last 5 days and that was his third consecutive day pitching.

Even then, he should've been pulled. I didn't watch the game but I can see that he walked 3 batters, that tells me he didn't have it.

If the Mariners miss the playoffs, that needs to be the excuse to fire Servais. Even if the Mariners make the playoffs, I'd want him replaced. JD claims to be an analytics guy, well to me it seems like Servais doesn't fit that mold.

Aren't Jerry, Servais and Bogar all attached at the hip? That was my understanding.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JD mans up and does dump him and Gar doesn't get offered, they have a guy here that can do a great job I believe:

i

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't Jerry, Servais and Bogar all attached at the hip? That was my understanding.

Yeah. That's what makes this situation difficult, because if we make the playoffs there is no way Servais is going anywhere for a while.

It's just surprising that an "analytics" guy like Jerry would employ someone who seems to not really apply statistics or probability to his managerial decisions.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of observations:

1) the decision to put Diaz in last night was infuriating, especially with the number of appearances he's made lately. You simply cannot burn your closer like that.

2) in a situation like last night where the M's came back to tie, you almost always need to have 2 relievers warming up, one being the closer in anticipation of the go-ahead run and he can save the 9th. The other being a set-up man in an event there is no go-ahead.

Servais with his dumbass decision decide to only warm up Diaz and then bring him into a game in a non-save situation. Fine... whatever, a dumbass move! But once he struggled and start walking batters, he then need to be pulled... that didn't happen and you let him face mike fking trout!!! Another dumbass decision.

You then decide to pull your closer AFTER you let him burn in the fire. This manager has no clue what he's doing. If he's canned I'll be in full support unlike past managers where they were not given a fair chance to succeed .:gaah:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and from all reports Bogar was suppose to get the job with Servais going to the front office. What changed? Not sure but the change seems costly. Don't like wimpy managers. Actually wanted Bogar.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my main thing is I didn't realize he would do everything by the book and refuse to change much.

For example he's used the same middle of the order all year with no questions asked despite 2 of those guys having poor years. At least Lloyd had the balls to drop Seagar in the order when he wasn't producing.

Also the bullpen management has been vey blah at times. No matter what the matchup is he is using Vincent in the 8th and Diaz in the 9th
The other day in Oakland we were up 3 runs, and Zych had thrown 8 pitches or something the previous inning. Why not just let him finish. Maybe then Diaz wouldn't have been so bad yesterday on his 3rd day in a row.

I thought this regime would bring creativity and analytics to the table but other then bunting less I don't see a change. I guess I would just like to know they are watching the game and not doing everything by the book.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paxton out for at least 3 weeks

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and from all reports Bogar was suppose to get the job with Servais going to the front office. What changed? Not sure but the change seems costly. Don't like wimpy managers. Actually wanted Bogar.

What I heard (can't recall where right now) was in any order Servais and Bogar were going to be the manager and bench coach, either or. Obviously I'm not in the know but it just seemed like those 3 were a package. Can't imagine Jerry firing Servais, especially after the article seahawksfan posted about Jerry taking criticism about a trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I heard (can't recall where right now) was in any order Servais and Bogar were going to be the manager and bench coach, either or. Obviously I'm not in the know but it just seemed like those 3 were a package. Can't imagine Jerry firing Servais, especially after the article seahawksfan posted about Jerry taking criticism about a trade.

No there won't be any firing. I did read about the 3 man deal, but a lot of the articles I read had Bogar managing and Servais front office because of his talent evaluation ability.Who knows where these guys get this stuff. Obviously it wasn't the case either way since we have what we have. I still like Bogar in the few interviews I have heard him talk in. Seems like a real stud unlike our current Bambi.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure this is a good time to make a post in this thread. Good lord Servais is a moron

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE HAS NO FUCKING CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leaves more pitchers out to die than any manager I have seen in my 45 years of watching baseball. Is he afraid to hurt someones feelings?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Servais learns from his mistakes, that's all we can hope for, that he learns ... Because I doubt he's gone just yet...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy guys, it is not something new. The moron has done it all season, only now it's being magnified due to the position this team is currently in.

Read this article and I dare you to tell me he's not making the same mistakes now he did in May.

Mariners: Is Scott Servais Part of the Problem?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Servais learns from his mistakes, that's all we can hope for, that he learns ... Because I doubt he's gone just yet...
Nope. Not gonna learn... did it all year long, setting his relievers up for failures is what he's good at.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not gonna learn... did it all year long, setting his relievers up for failures is what he's good at.

Well, maybe we should hope things just fall apart then, because if this team is above .500 and misses the playoffs by a game or 2, the skipper is probably coming back ... If they fall apart down the stretch is might force the GM's hand ... BUT my fear is they'll go cheap again and hire another rookie head coach... HOW MANY TIMES have the M's done that now, it's rookie after rookie... cheap $#%^$@#

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Servais is JD's guy!

He hand picked him! There is no way in hell JD dumps only after two seasons...It would look like a fail!
Should I tell him or do you wanna tell him...

IT IS A FAIL!!!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he leaves Moore in there to give up the entire 4 run lead last night

And this is after mis-managing Diaz and Paxton that night before

Paxton is our ACE but he has a history of injuries. No need to push him 110 + pitches

We had a chance these past two nights to pad our wild card lead but we completely blew it

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais is definitely a big part of the problem with this team. I firmly believe he has made decisions regarding the bullpen that directly lead to losses and has put the team in an uphill battle often by straight up burning the bullpen. Part of the blame does land on Dipoto for having this much garbage in the starting rotation.