• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Trickett do enough to get us to a bowl?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So listening to the presser today it looks like a "it is what it is" thing at QB...

This will ultimately be DH's downfall if Trickett or Childress cannot lead this offense or Crest is not a HR of a recruit. We will be solid across the board with experience next season. Will need a leader at QB.

So with the weaker part of the schedule ahead of us, you think Trickett can man up and lead this team? Close out some of these games? You see some guys getting better in the offense...line looked a lot better, Thompson is coming along, shorts having a nice season, smith out of the backfield is looking better each week. One person who does not seem to be getting better is Trickett. Took him long enough to learn plays from sideline, but has no clue how to read a defense. Any chance he wills us to a couple of wins?

You guys think Childress is any better? If he can't go by seasons end next year the QB situation is going to look just as bleak.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett is a tough kid physically, but mentally???????? I dont think he can win 3 of the four remaining games to get us to a bowl. I think Texas and TCU are losses unless the offense gets out of their funk, KU and IAST are certainly winnable, and a loss to either would just add to the misery that this season is. I think if we can eek out a win against TCU, a bowl is doable, beat UT AND TCU and WVU should go back to the Yankee bowl. Win all four, and I will be very pleased, and surprised and will think Holgorsen is starting to get it. Lose all four, I hope Luck takes him with him and makes the same coach in waiting fiasco come to Texas.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that Dana said he is resigned to the fact that Trickett will not be able to audible at the LOS this year. I cannot think of the words to describe my thoughts about that.

Dana has tried to give him some simple pass and catch plays to help build his confidence, but somehow even that backfires.

I know TCU has a stout defense, but their offense has been as bad as ours. I truly believe WVU can win every remaining game. Texas will be a night game, and the crowd could be a difference maker.

If Clint can get on a roll, it would be great timing... better late than never.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to see Sims out at WR and Smith at RB in attempt to help our offense and Trickett. Dana has said that Sims would be our best WR if he played there and I buy that so why not use him outside and get him touches in the defensive secondary where he is a terror (we cant use him effectively behind this line running the ball imo) and help open things up for White, Shorts and co. while setting up Smith out of the backfield. I think as long as we keep him clean and let Trickett use what weapons we have he can do enough to win games and yes go to a bowl but we have to keep him healthy.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah keeping him healthy is another issue, going against a team leading the conf in sacks is going to be interesting. I felt like we kept him protected pretty well last week, so maybe that is a good sign. I just don't understand how Trickett does not WR least know a couple of audibles to help us out....especially since everyone describes how easy this offense is to learn.

I honestly never thought we would be in this position at QB....after OK ST I thought ok coaches made a bad decision at QB and here we go....but the more I watch Trickett play the more I understand why he was third in line for the oppurtunity. Doesn't seem like he has or wants to put the work in.

And for the love of god slide.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... if you're gonna slide... at least wait until after you cross the first down yardage before going down.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was four or five yards beyond it when he fumbled....but with our QB situation I would not blame him for not going for the extra yard.

The science of the QB slide is a funny one....you have guys like RGIII who is a world class athlete who cant slide to save his life. Trickett is a small dude, get down stay safe and lets get through the season. lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... I thought you were talking about the slide he made inches short of the first down marker...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we still got that first down on the next play? I might be mistaken, but I know what your talking about.

I hope the kid proves me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I can understand not having the physical skills to perform at this level, but not having the mental is what is driving me crazy...

We really need a win! lol

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the talent on this team to make a big run, especially at QB. I think TCU and Texas are both going to be Ls. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Clint get eaten alive this week. Dad may be playing QB by the time TCU get's done with our OL...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Trickett in there, we have shown flashes and could have won the last two games. While Trickett is weak, there are enough playmakers around him in Smith Simms and White who can win ball games. Ball security is big. Playing in the 4th Qtr is big too. We should win 3 of the last 4. Athletically, we are not in the same league as Texas. I cannot see us winning that game unless they play really really bad.

Simms should be playing WR instead of Carswell and Smith should be the back. Simms and Smith are our two best players. they should both be on the field on most every play. Simms should be getting the ball on the jetsweep play more often. Smith is the between the tackle guy.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he took a big step in that direction today

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer to the question... Barely

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the win yesterday, the answer became maybe..... WVU no only needs to win the games they should win and go to a bowl. Surprise Texas, which would probably send Brown off to the land of retirement, and it will be HUGE for next year for our team. This team needs a bowl to get the extra practice in. IF WVU gets to a bowl, I hope it is not the Yankee bowl again.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clint Trickett maybe the worst QB I have seen at Wv in years!!!...maybe you would need to go back to John Talley to benchmark!!...

When a kid can't see a single high safety...a player directly in front of him...and doesn't know not to throw the ball outside of the numbers tells you alot about his football IQ

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Slaton. John Talley is the same QB I come up with. It is sad...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Trickett some credit… the kid is able to shake off poor play. He made some terrible throws… some terrible decisions last Saturday…. but, finished 11-14 down the stretch.

I don't know how he does that…

Shooters mentality…

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Slaton. John Talley is the same QB I come up with. It is sad...

Okay I thought the last post was a mistake. Granted I was in CO for 5 years and over seas in Australia for 7 and could not be up on all things WVU football BUT I though John Talley was a typo and meant Darryl Talley. So tell me about John Talley, what year and what stats.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John was Darryl's younger brother. He started for WVU in the mid-80's.

I will have to look up his stats for you…

John Talley

His sophomore year he went 53/109 507 yds 4 TD, 7 INT

By his senior year, he was switched to WR.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talley was a bad experiment. Give trickett more credit. He more in the class of brad lewis.