• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the D Win vs Browns?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was painful to see how inept the Offense was against Green Bay last weekend. The other phases, Special Teams and Defense, performed well. Calvin's status is up in the air, and it wouldn't seem that our Offense is going to perform any better this week than last.

Will the Defense win this game? It's not hard to imagine this game turning into a defensive struggle. The Browns have been suprisingly good on defense this year. With Hoyer out and Weeden in, the Lion D should be able to apply a lot of pressure, especially in passing situations. Weeden is pretty slow in the pocket, and Detroit has shown they can get to QB's.

If Detroit does win, I would expect the Defense will be the reason. Maybe Suh get's the fumble recovery for a TD this time? Or good pressure helps the secondary get a pick 6? I'm thinking the Lions win, and it's the D that brings home the W.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to the game is the Lions LB's vs. the Browns TE (his name escapes me as I smoke this bowl). Lions are tops in the league this year vs. TE's. If that trend continues, I don't know what else the Browns can do on offense to beat us w/o Hoyer.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Jordan.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is a stud. I drafted him in two of my leagues and got Snickers about it.

Dude is a true Redzone threat.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin plays, we'll win. If he doesn't, we won't.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll have to be the defense because Linehan is a fucking moron.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if Houston plays too. If he does not then Gorden will be open quick enough that even Weeden can get the ball to him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What jayfan said.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better about facing the Browns with Weeden than with Hoyer.

Detroit establishes any kind of ground game the Browns will have problems. Can't keep 8 in the box all day.

That assumes that Stafford can make someone other than CJ look good.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to the game is Scott Linehan. Will he attempt 12 slant passes or actually throw the fucking ball down the field?

Have we so much has even throw one deep ball or is that reserved solely for our oppenents to draw the PI call half the time? I realize that its pretty easy to cover CJ and the likelihood of a PI call or him catching the ball is pretty low because he isnt very good but I still think its worth a try. Maybe we could replace that two yard reverse with a deep ball attempt every now and then.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to the game is Scott Linehan. Will he attempt 12 slant passes or actually throw the fucking ball down the field?

Who else watched Brandon Marshall tear it up last night and sat there wondering why we never see Calvin run routes like that?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...Gordon will probably still burn Houston.

You guys crack me up when you say that Stafford needs to make his players better. I know where you're coming from, but how about these dudes catch the ball at least. You can't just flip a switch and say, "ok, make these guys really good Stafford." Lol. I bet New England wishes they could do that.

Slants? I don't think that's all Linehan making that call. I think its a adjustment at the line, depending on the defensive look. Nate was actually pretty affective doing it. I used to wonder why the Lions never ran slants but now that they do, nobody likes it. Lol.

Calvin's route-running? Seems like he has very specific ones when he's on the outside than when he's in the slot. You gotta consider what the coverage is. CJ is not making a living off his great routes, its because he's unstoppable.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...Gordon will probably still burn Houston.

You guys crack me up when you say that Stafford needs to make his players better. I know where you're coming from, but how about these dudes catch the ball at least. You can't just flip a switch and say, "ok, make these guys really good Stafford." Lol. I bet New England wishes they could do that.

Slants? I don't think that's all Linehan making that call. I think its a adjustment at the line, depending on the defensive look. Nate was actually pretty affective doing it. I used to wonder why the Lions never ran slants but now that they do, nobody likes it. Lol.

Calvin's route-running? Seems like he has very specific ones when he's on the outside than when he's in the slot. You gotta consider what the coverage is. CJ is not making a living off his great routes, its because he's unstoppable.

Austin Collie, Blair White, Brandon Stokley, Tompkins, Deon Branch, Lance Moore

Just some names of guys that could very easily be delivering Pizzas if not for a QB that put the ball right on the mark. Denham, Broyles, and Fauria have some talent and Stafford has to find a way to get them the ball. I happen to believe a QB can make a WR.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, believe you can too but its not solely on the QB. I think the system and play calling makes a huge difference in that. The Cordinator needs to set the O up for success, while the QB must deliver. I agree that maybe Staff could get his guys involved a bit more but from what I see, most of them aren't winning one on one match-ups consistently.

superdave2773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some names of guys that could very easily be delivering Pizzas if not for a QB that put the ball right on the mark. Denham, Broyles, and Fauria have some talent and Stafford has to find a way to get them the ball. I happen to believe a QB can make a WR.

who the hell is denham? should i check him out in the fantasy league?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be something if MSU's own Brian Hoyer was healthy and absolutely carved up the Lions defense? Thank God he's out.. :laugh3: