• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone explain to me why this is a penalty?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full body weight hitting the QB.

Aaron Rodgers pussy rule.

How long is it going to be before QBs are wearing off-colored unis or flags during games? :L

Those that make the rules need to understand that many players do understand there is a risk at having concussions when being hit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s because the NFL lawyers told the NFL that they have to do EVERYTHING they could to protect players as soon as they first found out about CTE. Keeps them straight in front of the judge and jury.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s because the NFL lawyers told the NFL that they have to do EVERYTHING they could to protect players as soon as they first found out about CTE. Keeps them straight in front of the judge and jury.
Name one thing about that hit that causes CTE outside of it being a man who tackles another man.

Either ban football or that hit should be legal.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, it's going to be why even bother to rush the passer? Put 3 linemen a linebacker and 7 DBs out there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to protect bird-bone Aaron Rawwjahs

Do Rodgers even calcium?
Yep.

Brady misses a year, no more below the knees. ARodg misses enough of a year, no more Anthony Barrifying QBs. Sucks. But casual fans watch for the big names. This is protecting profits and franchise investments.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with CTE.

Everything Ive read said the NFL is coming up with all these new rules to keep them from getting sued for billions. What does it have to do with? Its not just this sack its the lowering your head to tackle rule which has been text book tackling technique for decades.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one thing about that hit that causes CTE outside of it being a man who tackles another man.

Either ban football or that hit should be legal.

They are coming up with a bunch of new rules and not just protecting the QB. I think it has EVERYTHING to do with pending CTE lawsuits. THey are also trying to protect the owners 100+ million dollar investments... that I agree with. But they are trying to make a statement on injuries... why?

NFL issues response to CTE research report

"We appreciate the work done by Dr. McKee and her colleagues for the value it adds in the ongoing quest for a better understanding of CTE. Case studies such as those compiled in this updated paper are important to further advancing the science and progress related to head trauma. The medical and scientific communities will benefit from this publication and the NFL will continue to work with a wide range of experts to improve the health of current and former NFL athletes. As noted by the authors, there are still many unanswered questions relating to the cause, incidence and prevalence of long-term effects of head trauma such as CTE. The NFL is committed to supporting scientific research into CTE and advancing progress in the prevention and treatment of head injuries.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything Ive read said the NFL is coming up with all these new rules to keep them from getting sued for billions. What does it have to do with? Its not just this sack its the lowering your head to tackle rule which has been text book tackling technique for decades.
The world you live in seems fascinating.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world you live in seems fascinating.

Again... share a point cause the insults do nothing to help in a conversation. Im in a different world cause I think all these new rules have to do with the CTE problem in part.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... share a point cause the insults do nothing to help in a conversation. Im in a different world cause I think all these new rules have to do with the CTE problem.
No non retarded football coach has taught people to hit with their head down.

Like no non retarded basketball coach has taught players to shoot with their eyes closed.

And this has nothing to do with CTE. Are you satisfied?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like no non retarded basketball coach has taught players to shoot with their eyes closed.

That doesnt explain the CTE issue at all. They teach to get low when you're tackling especially when youre smaller like a DB. It wasnt about putting your head down so you cant see... I was saying getting low. See, now you didnt have to insult me because you didnt understand my point. And your point has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with CTE. You think the NFL made it a rule because coaches say you should tackle differently? Come on.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure seems like it is a concern to the NFL to me...

New NFL rules designed to limit head injuries
Health and Safety-Related Changes for the 2017 Season - NFL Play Smart, Play Safe
Health & Safety Rules Changes | NFL Football Operations
NFL’s New Helmet Rule Designed To Prevent Concussions Could Change The Game
With Eye on Concussions, NFL Adopts New Rule on Helmet Hits
NFL reports reduction in concussions, new measures to protect players

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesnt explain the CTE issue at all. They teach to get low when you're tackling especially when youre smaller like a DB. It wasnt about putting your head down so you cant see... I was saying getting low. See, now you didnt have to insult me because you didnt understand my point. And your point has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with CTE. You think the NFL made it a rule because coaches say you should tackle differently? Come on.
Do you have CTE?