• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can a one loss Big 12 team get a shot at title?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is very hard to go undefeated(hard for some WVU fans to hear...lol) do you think a one loss team from our conf can make the title game?

Teams with one loss or fewer as of now games left:

Baylor- Ok, Ok ST, TTech, TCU, Texas...by far the hardest schedule of the remaining unbeaten...if they win out there is no reason why they should not jump teams.

Oklahoma-Baylor, Iowa St, K St, Ok St I would say the easiest of the 4 but not by much

Texas Tech-Ok St, K ST, Baylor, and Texas tough 3 out of 4 games to play

Ok St- T Tech, Kansas, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma..tough stretch

We have a very good shot at a conf champ playing for the NC IMO...Oklahomas loss is to a Texas team that has not lost in the conf yet. Texas Tech loss is to a ranked Oklahoma team by 8 points. Ok St loss is to us at home(that may hurt) lol

I am rooting for Baylor to go undefeated(probably just jinxed that) but I would like to see this conf get its due...I think last year K St was screwed and the year before I think Ok St was screwed.

Yet even with one loss all these teams on this list would have had solid seasons that would match up with any other one loss team in the nation. Forget preseason rankings and conf BS....when all these teams have even records you have to look SOS and I think these teams stack up very well.

Good luck Big 12

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the line of teams still ahead of the B12 teams, I really doubt that an undefeated, much less one loss team from the B12 gets in the "championship" game. The perception is that the B12 is down this year, and the ACC is up, the PAC is up, the SEC is great, and the B11 is down. I think that the B12 champ is in the same boat as Ohio State, they will suffer from this perception. I see a one loss SEC team being above an undefeated B12 team, and probably a one loss FSU, Oregon, Alabama, etc, depending on WHEN that loss occurred. You can never say never as goofy as the BSC is, but I say it is VERY unlikely we see a B12 team in the top two.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a close call at this point if for no other reason WHEN one of the teams lose. If Baylor loses to OU then wins out then I think they have a real shot. If they lose later then meeeeh prob not. I don't think it's conference as much as a tarnished system.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only chance in hell you will see a Big 12 team in the national Championship game is if Baylor goes undefeated. An Oregon/Baylor title game has a nice ring to it --doesn't it?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only chance in hell you will see a Big 12 team in the national Championship game is if Baylor goes undefeated. An Oregon/Baylor title game has a nice ring to it --doesn't it?

Wouldnt that be great, no SEC team!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any one loss SEC team jumping any undefeated....that conf is down as much as any.

The rankings in college football drive me crazy...SOS shouldmbemyour tie breaker when teams have the same record...not when you lose or some arbitrary ranking system.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any one loss SEC team jumping any undefeated....that conf is down as much as any.

The rankings in college football drive me crazy...SOS shouldmbemyour tie breaker when teams have the same record...not when you lose or some arbitrary ranking system.

reality is that in the current system, with the stuff being said about the B12, the current rankings, and the remaining games, a one loss SEC team WILL be in over an undefeated Baylor team, if the undefeated B12 as OU or Texas, they may get the nod due to their name, just as SEC teams get the nod due to the name of their league, that is just how it is when you do not have a real champion decided on the field, name trumps game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reality is that in the current system, with the stuff being said about the B12, the current rankings, and the remaining games, a one loss SEC team WILL be in over an undefeated Baylor team, if the undefeated B12 as OU or Texas, they may get the nod due to their name, just as SEC teams get the nod due to the name of their league, that is just how it is when you do not have a real champion decided on the field, name trumps game.

Your crazy no one loss team would get a jump over a undefeated Baylor, they have already worked the computers out. Not like Baylor is not in a power conf and their SOS is not strong.

What stuff being said about the big 12?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your crazy no one loss team would get a jump over a undefeated Baylor, they have already worked the computers out. Not like Baylor is not in a power conf and their SOS is not strong.

What stuff being said about the big 12?

Man do you keep your head firmly in the sand....... do you ever watch ball other than us???? They are saying now, just as they have that Baylor has not played anyone, that the B12 is weak this year, that the ACC, PAC and SEC are strong this year. You are crazy if you think Baylor gets in over a one loss Alabama or Oregon. NAME trumps Game. If Texas or OU went undefeated, they would PROBABLY get in, it does not work for a non big name team. The computers already have five one loss teams higher than Baylor, and a one loss Stanford is already above them in the BSC rankings. IF Oklahoma keeps winning, and several others lose, THEY MAY go to the "championship", but Baylor is not.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your full of shit....the computer will not give a one loss team more over a undefeated from one of the power conf's....head in the sand FSu is the team everyone is talking about not making it if they go undefeated with two other undefeated teams since their schedule is so weak. Powerful ACC that is a first...your hatred of everything WVU is involved in is humorous and makes you say idiotic things like this.

if Baylor is one of two teams that goes undefeated they will play for title mark my words.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your full of shit....the computer will not give a one loss team more over a undefeated from one of the power conf's....head in the sand FSu is the team everyone is talking about not making it if they go undefeated with two other undefeated teams since their schedule is so weak. Powerful ACC that is a first...your hatred of everything WVU is involved in is humorous and makes you say idiotic things like this.

if Baylor is one of two teams that goes undefeated they will play for title mark my words.

You are absolutely correct. I listen to a lot of college football radio shows on XM, and not a single show talks about the Big 12 being weak this year. All of the shows mention that the Big 12 has been perceived to be down, but it is making a come back.

Every show mentions that the Pac 12 and ACC have improved… and every other conference… to include the SEC is down.

A 1-loss SEC team would NEVER get the BCS bid over an undefeated Baylor. NEVER…

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must not know the NCAA very well. They have a love affair with the SEC

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely correct. I listen to a lot of college football radio shows on XM, and not a single show talks about the Big 12 being weak this year. All of the shows mention that the Big 12 has been perceived to be down, but it is making a come back.

Every show mentions that the Pac 12 and ACC have improved… and every other conference… to include the SEC is down.

Look at the BSC ranking NOW, a one loss PAC team is already above Baylor..............

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford with one loss is already above them in the BSC standings and FOUR one loss teams are above them in the CPU rankings. Baylor will NOT be in the BSC "title" game, do you not remember OSU a couple years ago???

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the BSC ranking NOW, a one loss PAC team is already above Baylor..............

Let's see how it looks if Baylor beats Oklahoma......lots of teams jump around during the season.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford with one loss is already above them in the BSC standings and FOUR one loss teams are above them in the CPU rankings. Baylor will NOT be in the BSC "title" game, do you not remember OSU a couple years ago???

Okie St? They were not undefeated...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shit, Baylor has the #90 ranked SOS at this point. If they go undefeated, they will leapfrog every one loss team in America.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not know the NCAA very well. They have a love affair with the SEC

I know enough to know that college football and the BCS NC game have nothing to do with the NCAA.

How about that?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a total dipshit would imply that Baylor would not jump in ranking ahead of any one loss team after beating currently ranked #10 OU, #15 TT, and #18 Okie St… as well as a season ending game against Texas.