• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp updates for your team

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET was/is one of a handful of Hawk players I liked. But, I'd have a hard time cheering for a guy that pulled that stunt with another team. He obviously was more pissed off at the Seahawk organization then we knew.
I agree I think he can and will be able to play at a top level thru his next contract. Glad I don't have to make the $ decision on what a team will pay him.

Agreed. Back in the day, players hated their rivals and would never go into another teams locker room to chat it up. Not that Seattle/Dallas is a big rivalry but just unheard of to do back then. Maybe the FO is waiting till next year to give him his final contract when they have cap space.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Back in the day, players hated their rivals and would never go into another teams locker room to chat it up. Not that Seattle/Dallas is a big rivalry but just unheard of to do back then. Maybe the FO is waiting till next year to give him his final contract when they have cap space.

You would've hoped the FO would've already conveyed that? They likely did and ETs counter was likely guys can lose their careers in a moment.

Then the question becomes if ET stays healthy and Seattle has a decent year with that be enough to keep ET in a Hawk uniform assuming the $ is enough for him next season? Or has that bridge already been burned?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was growing hard feelings with the Seahawks and truly wants a chance to play for the team he grew up a fan of.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would've hoped the FO would've already conveyed that? They likely did and ETs counter was likely guys can lose their careers in a moment.

Then the question becomes if ET stays healthy and Seattle has a decent year with that be enough to keep ET in a Hawk uniform assuming the $ is enough for him next season? Or has that bridge already been burned?

I don't think any bridges have been burned, just two sides taking a stance on their beliefs. If ET plays like his usual self, I do think Seattle will give him the money. Kam did the same thing, played very well and got paid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was growing hard feelings with the Seahawks and truly wants a chance to play for the team he grew up a fan of.

He's mentioned both. He wants to finish with the Hawks, but if that doesn't happen then he would like to go home as long as the Cowboys pay him what he's looking for.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's mentioned both. He wants to finish with the Hawks, but if that doesn't happen then he would like to go home as long as the Cowboys pay him what he's looking for.

I don't own the checkbook, but at his age I wouldn't break the bank on him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a tough decision. He still plays at a high level but yes he's not getting any younger. Me personally, I'd sign him cause he can still play and he's a great mentor to the younger guys stepping up.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My viewpoint on ET is simple.

If we can't get Value ( settle for a 2nd but i see him as a 1st and 3rd value) then resign him. But what is he asking for?

It sucks but it be tie tie cutting time

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My viewpoint on ET is simple.

If we can't get Value ( settle for a 2nd but i see him as a 1st and 3rd value) then resign him. But what is he asking for?

It sucks but it be tie tie cutting time
No way anyone should give up a 1st for him. Sorry not at that age and he's still under contract. So unless a new contract was worked out prior that team could be potentially renting him for a year, I think a 2nd is even too high.

ET is still one of the best but a 1st or a 2nd is taking a huge chance on what return you get on the investment.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news that I've been able to pick up from guys like @BigKen as well as other media outlets;

Trent Brown a 7th rounder originally selected by the 49ers is 6'-8" 380 lbs and has been a beast that likely wins the LT job replacing Solder. Short arms but quick and POWERFUL. NE traded their 2018 95th pick for Brown and SFs #143. He played RT in SF. Not sure why SF decided to let him go? Any 9er fans want to chime in?

Trent Brown is suited for a power blocking scheme because of his size. Shanahan runs a zone blocking scheme and prefers athletic tackles that can get to the outside to block. While Brown was a great pass blocking tackle, he was awful at run blocking, particularly with Shanahan's scheme and became a liability there. On top of that, Brown frequently came into camp out of shape and has had conditioning issues. That is why Brown fell to the 7th round of the draft. Brown apparently also had an issue grasping the complex playbook and that was causing issues. He also had a shoulder injury last year and the coaches were annoyed. They thought he could have come back sooner. When they drafted McGlinchley this year the writing was on the wall for Brown. McGlinchley is Shanahan's type of tackle. Brown was in the last year of his contract and the 49ers were not going to extend him. He can be a dominant pass blocker and he is a better fit in New England's offense. If the coaching staff can get Brown to improve on his conditioning that would make him even better.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Brown is suited for a power blocking scheme because of his size. Shanahan runs a zone blocking scheme and prefers athletic tackles that can get to the outside to block. While Brown was a great pass blocking tackle, he was awful at run blocking, particularly with Shanahan's scheme and became a liability there. On top of that, Brown frequently came into camp out of shape and has had conditioning issues. That is why Brown fell to the 7th round of the draft. Brown apparently also had an issue grasping the complex playbook and that was causing issues. He also had a shoulder injury last year and the coaches were annoyed. They thought he could have come back sooner. When they drafted McGlinchley this year the writing was on the wall for Brown. McGlinchley is Shanahan's type of tackle. Brown was in the last year of his contract and the 49ers were not going to extend him. He can be a dominant pass blocker and he is a better fit in New England's offense. If the coaching staff can get Brown to improve on his conditioning that would make him even better.
Thank you

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can a multi billionaires bank be broken giving someone millions. Jesus you’re an idiot. You literally can’t break a bank.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary Cap dumbass.

Ohhh. Remember you have to be 100% specific these days with you patrolling and hyper analyzing.
You didn’t say that... you said break a bank and even though everyone knew what you meant it’s still unacceptable by your standards

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh. Remember you have to be 100% specific these days with you patrolling and hyper analyzing.
You didn’t say that... you said break a bank and even though everyone knew what you meant it’s still unacceptable by your standards
OK, Let's be specific. Can a Billionaire go bankrupt?
Does never mean never?

I have you so close to a complete meltdown, dont I you fucking moron.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does never mean never?

Yes they can but they can’t in your scenario. He’s worth 10s of billions and can’t go bankrupt giving one player millions and how can paying someone break a bank or were you not being literal because that’s not acceptable anymore according to you. Every word has to be precise. And you weren’t talking about bankruptcy you were talking about a salary cap. Come on man.

Meltdown... ummm no. I’m actually laughing at your stupidity. But if that’s your MO welcome to the Handicappers club.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does never mean never?

You really are a raging douche bag

Who has a conversation like the one you are provoking here?

Jesus Christ