• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin/Panik/Connolly

I think this will be a tight battle between these 3 for 2 roster spots. Personally I see Drouin and Panik making the team but where does that leave a NHL really talented winger such as Connolly? Brett Connolly is too good to be sitting in the minors but that may be the only place for him unless the bolts make room for him elsewhere, that brings me to the next battle.

Palat/Malone/Brown

Now again I can see 2 of these 3 making the team, most likely Palat and Malone but is Malone is the bolts plans? They have tried to ship him in the offseason but to no avail, could the Bolts put him on waivers and give one of the NHL ready youngsters a look, e.g. Brett Connolly or J.T Brown? I think Malone needs a good showing in camp or his spots in jeopardy, although he's a character guy and provides much needed experience, he's always on the IR which is a problem.

Pyatt/Tyrell/Labrie

Again I think 2 of the 3 will make the team mostly as healthy scratches but the bolts need as much depth as they can get. I see Pyatt and Labrie making the team, although I think Tyrell adds more than Labrie, Cooper wants this team to be physical and Labrie certainly provides that and Tom Pyatt is very solid contributor who can play both C and LW, very reliable player just what we need as depth.

Aulie/Barberio/Sustr/Witkowski/Korobov/Koekkoek

I can see 2 of the 6 making the team as the 6th and 7th defenseman. I think this will be Aulie and Barberio spots to lose but Sustr is a threat as he's a big right shot D Man who was the best defenseman on the Crunch's roster during the playoffs. Witkowski is a bit raw as he's coming from the college game but he's talented and he'll kinda be in the same situation as Alex Killorn last year. Korobov, he too deserves a look, was equally as good as Sustr in the playoffs, plays a reliable 2 way physical game and the 19 year old talented Slater Koekkoek will get a look but despite his talent and the bright future he has in front of him, he's raw and needs more time in the OHL in my opinion.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably see all of them tomorrow against Nashville. I'll try to give a report on my observations Fri. on this board.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin/Panik/Connolly

I think this will be a tight battle between these 3 for 2 roster spots. Personally I see Drouin and Panik making the team but where does that leave a NHL really talented winger such as Connolly? Brett Connolly is too good to be sitting in the minors but that may be the only place for him unless the bolts make room for him elsewhere, that brings me to the next battle.

Palat/Malone/Brown

Now again I can see 2 of these 3 making the team, most likely Palat and Malone but is Malone is the bolts plans? They have tried to ship him in the offseason but to no avail, could the Bolts put him on waivers and give one of the NHL ready youngsters a look, e.g. Brett Connolly or J.T Brown? I think Malone needs a good showing in camp or his spots in jeopardy, although he's a character guy and provides much needed experience, he's always on the IR which is a problem.

Pyatt/Tyrell/Labrie

Again I think 2 of the 3 will make the team mostly as healthy scratches but the bolts need as much depth as they can get. I see Pyatt and Labrie making the team, although I think Tyrell adds more than Labrie, Cooper wants this team to be physical and Labrie certainly provides that and Tom Pyatt is very solid contributor who can play both C and LW, very reliable player just what we need as depth.

Aulie/Barberio/Sustr/Witkowski/Korobov/Koekkoek

I can see 2 of the 6 making the team as the 6th and 7th defenseman. I think this will be Aulie and Barberio spots to lose but Sustr is a threat as he's a big right shot D Man who was the best defenseman on the Crunch's roster during the playoffs. Witkowski is a bit raw as he's coming from the college game but he's talented and he'll kinda be in the same situation as Alex Killorn last year. Korobov, he too deserves a look, was equally as good as Sustr in the playoffs, plays a reliable 2 way physical game and the 19 year old talented Slater Koekkoek will get a look but despite his talent and the bright future he has in front of him, he's raw and needs more time in the OHL in my opinion.
It would not surprise me to see yzerman send drouin to juniors for a year. Then panik and connolly would make the team yzerman likes to bring young guys along slow.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not surprise me to see yzerman send drouin to juniors for a year. Then panik and connolly would make the team yzerman likes to bring young guys along slow.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Drouin could play in the NHL tomorrow but Yzerman likes to slowly develop his young guys, I think Drouin will make the team, play 9 or 10 games and then send him back to the minors and then call-up either Connolly or Panik.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch him closely tonight, but I think they are planning to play him the whole season in Tampa.
Adam Erne had a good opening preseason game for the Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I was thinking. Drouin could play in the NHL tomorrow but Yzerman likes to slowly develop his young guys, I think Drouin will make the team, play 9 or 10 games and then send him back to the minors and then call-up either Connolly or Panik.
ya I agree they will keep drouin play him the first 9 or 10 games and send him back to juniors depending how cooper and yzerman feel about him. I think they want connolly here before drouin they might feel he is more ready.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch him closely tonight, but I think they are planning to play him the whole season in Tampa.
Adam Erne had a good opening preseason game for the Bolts
ya watch drouin good for us bolt let us know if you think he stays with the lightning or goes back to juniors.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from his skating speed he didn't look impressive to me . Perhaps with better line-mates he would look better. who did look really good was Connolly, his first goal was a beauty and if they were giving stars out he would be first star. Off his performance he should make the team easily. The Lightning/ Crunch thoroughly outplayed the Predators Final 5-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from his skating speed he didn't look impressive to me . Perhaps with better line-mates he would look better. who did look really good was Connolly, his first goal was a beauty and if they were giving stars out he would be first star. Off his performance he should make the team easily. The Lightning/ Crunch thoroughly outplayed the Predators Final 5-1
I'm glad to see connolly doing better I always thought he could be a early first round bust. If Drouin is not there yet then no need to rush him send him back to juniors! let him be the star there work on weight training and improving for the nhl. Because we have guys like panik, Connolly, Johnson and Palat who are more nhl ready now. Drouin is going to be a star in the nhl down the road no need to mess him up yzerman and cooper should take there time with him.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how I see us opening the season in boston!

Killorn, Stamkos, St.louis
Panik/Drouin, Filppula, Purcell
Malone, Johnson, Connolly
Palat, Thompson, Crombeen/ Labrie

Hedman, Salo
Brewer, Carle
Gudas, Aulie
Barberio

Bishop
Lindback

I do think they will give Drouin a 10 game trial in the nhl to start but with so much other young talent why rush him send him back to juniors unless he shows big time talent for a rookie. Have we ever seen this much young talent in tampa ? yzerman really built us up faster then I thought he could.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Stevie did great for our farm system and offense but he forgot about the stinkin d! Which allowed 32 shots on goal and we had 14 giveaways!! Same as last year!!! Still a win, yes. But improved d, it's only preseason and we will find out, but it does not look like it!!!!! Final thought, you can paint a pile of dog droppings and make it pretty but underneath it is what it is still.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish he had addressed our D. We have always had great offensive players. Goalie & D was weakest links. I believe he shored up the net. But the D has just plain out stank the past seasons. They have been and still are our weak link. Weak link, heck they might even be the hole in the fence!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was mostly the " Crunch " that played last night with a smattering of Lightning players so I wouldn't be too harsh on them. The one goal the Predators got was on a giveaway by Cedric Desjardins. The lightning completely dominated the game.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I forgot to mention Malone looked good and he had a crushing hit last night , the best of the game. Also a nice feed to Stamkos goal.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is how I see us opening the season in boston!

Killorn, Stamkos, St.louis
Panik/Drouin, Filppula, Purcell
Malone, Johnson, Connolly
Palat, Thompson, Crombeen/ Labrie

Hedman, Salo
Brewer, Carle
Gudas, Aulie
Barberio

Bishop
Lindback

I do think they will give Drouin a 10 game trial in the nhl to start but with so much other young talent why rush him send him back to juniors unless he shows big time talent for a rookie. Have we ever seen this much young talent in tampa ? yzerman really built us up faster then I thought he could.

From what I can gather, Killorn-Filppula-Purcell have practiced together so I think that will be the 2nd line. I think it will be interesting to see who plays with Stamkos and Marty will it be Drouin or Malone? I think the 3rd line will be Palat-Johnson-Panik/Connolly, therefore I can't see Drouin playing 4th line playing 4th line so I think that will be Malone. I've also noticed Gudas and Carle are playing practicing together so this is how I could see is lining up against Boston:

Drouin-Stamkos-Marty
Killorn-Filppula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Connolly
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Bishop
Lindback

Despite the talent of Drouin I do think he will be sent back to the juniors, it's no knock on him it's just that we have a lot of AHL tested NHL ready player such as Panik, Palat, Johnson, Connolly etc. who deserve to been on this team so this is how I can see us lining up for most of the season:

Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Purcell-Filppula-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Bishop
Lindback

I do think Malone will play further up the lineup with guys such as Stamkos and St.Louis but I do think he will be asked to play a shutdown role along with Thompson and Crombeen to shut down opposing number 1 lines. The good think is Palat and Killorn also have the grit and defensive ability to play part of a checking/shutdown line, that is a big advantage for Cooper as many players on this team can do different things, we have depth and versatility which is going to be a massive help regarding matchups and just the ability the shuffle the lines and not put yourself at a disadvantage.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can gather, Killorn-Filppula-Purcell have practiced together so I think that will be the 2nd line. I think it will be interesting to see who plays with Stamkos and Marty will it be Drouin or Malone? I think the 3rd line will be Palat-Johnson-Panik/Connolly, therefore I can't see Drouin playing 4th line playing 4th line so I think that will be Malone. I've also noticed Gudas and Carle are playing practicing together so this is how I could see is lining up against Boston:

Drouin-Stamkos-Marty
Killorn-Filppula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Connolly
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Bishop
Lindback

Despite the talent of Drouin I do think he will be sent back to the juniors, it's no knock on him it's just that we have a lot of AHL tested NHL ready player such as Panik, Palat, Johnson, Connolly etc. who deserve to been on this team so this is how I can see us lining up for most of the season:

Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Purcell-Filppula-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Bishop
Lindback

I do think Malone will play further up the lineup with guys such as Stamkos and St.Louis but I do think he will be asked to play a shutdown role along with Thompson and Crombeen to shut down opposing number 1 lines. The good think is Palat and Killorn also have the grit and defensive ability to play part of a checking/shutdown line, that is a big advantage for Cooper as many players on this team can do different things, we have depth and versatility which is going to be a massive help regarding matchups and just the ability the shuffle the lines and not put yourself at a disadvantage.
they have been testing drouin at center I wonder if they plan to use him on the 3rd line center role ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have been testing drouin at center I wonder if they plan to use him on the 3rd line center role ?

I don't get it to be honest, the only thing I can think it start they are trying to improve his defense otherwise it makes sense to move him to C. It doesn't make sense from both a short and long term perspective, short term I think we are set with Stamkos, Filppula, Johnson and Thompson as well as Pyatt and from a long term perspective, well Stammer is your franchise, both Filppula and Thompson are locked up, you've got to imagine Johnson and Namestinkov are going to be around and then you also have other young guys coming through the ranks such as Paquette, Richard and Peca so I just don't see why they testing Drouin at Center? Drouin needs to best this teams # 1 LW for the future, moving him to Center doesn't make sense in my opinion.