• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam MacIntyre - Update

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure how many of you care but he has started skating in Worcester. Still not practicing with the team yet. Sounds like he's still a few weeks away from seeing any game action.

Given the hype that surrounded this kid when he signed I'm curious to see just what he can do.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like it more if he were a defenseman ;), but I'll be happy if he can just come up and play well. Isn't he somewhat of a Power Forward project Cmon?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like it more if he were a defenseman ;), but I'll be happy if he can just come up and play well. Isn't he somewhat of a Power Forward project Cmon?

Power forward would be correct but he wasn't expected to be a project. He's drawn some lofty comparisons from a few scouts/analysts but I see him as a better skating version of Rene Bourque.

MacIntyre was one of the most sought after undrafted UFA's in receint history. 11 teams confrimed they where trying to sign him and at one point Wilson claimed that the number was closer to 20. Most surprising was those teams all felt he could produce at the NHL level in a top six role immediately.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MacIntyre played his first game for Worcester today. He scored a goal playing on a line with Mashinter and Wingels.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks went with 7 D last game with Wallin and Demers both just coming back from injury. You gotta think that McCarthy is going to be sent back down soon, since he was the one who sat, and likely so will Joslin. That would open up a spot for MacIntyre. If he really could become the power forward that he's capable of that would give the Sharks 7 legitimate scoring threats (8 if Seto ever comes back around) and the Sharks realistically could have 3 lines capable of scoring consistently.

Heatley-Thornton-MacIntyre
Clowe-Cooch-Seto
Marleau-Pavs-Fairy O

Those would make for some interesting lines. No guarantee they'd work, but there would be some great rewards if they did.