• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin Johnson all crabby about the Lions.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions went 36-78, his first 7 seasons. He never complained and just played amazingly for us.

Played a couple more seasons under Jim "Mediocre" Caldwell and knew this team wasn't going anywhere soon.

During those times, he took soooo many big shots (the one from Patrick Willis really sticks in my head).

Dude had to make a decision about his health or keep playing for a perennial losing franchise.

I can't hate on him for bouncing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can hate him all you want, he is still considered one of the all time greats. He will have no problem getting into the hall of fame despite what Lions board members think. The rest of the world does not feel that way.
All time greats?

Is this by people who watch football games?

Or fuckin TPaul?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Sports Science bio was much more impressive than his hands, or heart.

Oh that catch radius...

The last couple years he was a broken down old man so you have to look back when he was making catches in triple coverage and still had 10 working fingers and knees that bended. Because the Lions had absolutely zero on offense besides him and then eventually Stafford, teams could rush 4 and single cover everyone else. No other WR in history faced that. Not even Moss. And Rice would have been destroyed in 2008 and probably knocked out of football and never heard from again.

I am not sure that even Barry had it that difficult. And he left just as quickly.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cared more about money than winning when he was playing spending up to 15%(2014) of a teams cap on one player at a luxury position like WR is ridiculous(top WR this season is 9% and & 7% last season). Complaining about the quality of the team now seems like sour grapes.

As far as the all time great thing he will always be behind Herman as far as Lions receivers go. He may have been slightly better statistically, but Herman was willing to do the dirty work such as run blocking down field(something Calvin rarely did). Calvin had 2 or 3 seasons where he was considered the top receiver in the league that should get him into the HOF, but probably not on his first ballot.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cared more about money than winning when he was playing spending up to 15%(2014) of a teams cap on one player at a luxury position like WR is ridiculous(top WR this season is 9% and & 7% last season). Complaining about the quality of the team now seems like sour grapes.

As far as the all time great thing he will always be behind Herman as far as Lions receivers go. He may have been slightly better statistically, but Herman was willing to do the dirty work such as run blocking down field(something Calvin rarely did). Calvin had 2 or 3 seasons where he was considered the top receiver in the league that should get him into the HOF, but probably not on his first ballot.

I fully agree with your first paragraph.

But Herman better than him? I loved Herman but COME ON.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree with your first paragraph.

But Herman better than him? I loved Herman but COME ON.

Calvin is the better athlete, and had the freak factor, but Herman Moore was the better NFL WR as a whole. Hell, just by not quitting on the team it makes Moore better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Calvin more than ever now. Not a Hall of Famer. Fuck him.

I hear ya...he probably gets in the HOF, but kind of a shame he couldn't just move on....I get the Lions wanted some money back and I guess that's got his panties in a bunch, but this pissy stuff makes him look bitchy.

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry he was good enough to get them to the playoffs like 1 time in his days and they paid him so much in contracts im sure all they could afford was a knock off rolex from tijuana.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...he probably gets in the HOF, but kind of a shame he couldn't just move on....I get the Lions wanted some money back and I guess that's got his panties in a bunch, but this pissy stuff makes him look bitchy.

It comes off way more selfish than anything TO ever did. But because its the Lions, nobody really cares.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does his wife still work in the Front Office?

That's gotta be awkward.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, a trade would be great.

I was just trolling a ghost. Hoping to raise some blood pressure outta a few "guests".

Hard to believe Mayhew failed as hard as he did with all the professional salary cap and scouting advice that once graced this board. Missed opportunity.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or trade him. Agree.

I cant see him playing again. He was regressing physically. Ankles were shot and that finger is never gonna be right. And now he is 2 years older.

Maybe the Pats would have taken a shot but they are loaded up now. Raiders have 40+ mil cap space and they would be a fit. My guess is he needs a warm climate too. Houston has no QB. Maybe Houston takes Stafford and he can go there. 30 mil in cap space. We could get there next 10 years number 1's.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Mayhew failed as hard as he did with all the professional salary cap and scouting advice that once graced this board. Missed opportunity.

Clearly he lost TPaul's number which he had written down on a napkin somewhere.