• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cactus schedule

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, the Scooter Gennett deal was a mind buster.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that Brewers fans were surprised by the Scooter Gennett move. But from what I read GM David Stearns had already tried to trade him and nobody showed interest. Stearns stated Gennett wasn't a fit for them moving forward. Translated that means Gennett makes too much money to option or ride the bench... Thank you Dick Williams for picking up the $2.5M tab.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gennett comes in handy if the Reds want to trade Cozart. They shove Peraza to SS.
I also heard Jennings opted out, so that makes Gennett valuable because it lets Alcantara play some outfield. I would assume that Jennings' incentives are off the table so Gennett gets that paycheck.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilson Herrera is already waiting in line for the Cozart trade.

The biggest problem has been there's currently no trade market for middle infielders. The Reds found that out with Cozart and the Brewers with Gennett.

The trade deadline is a long way off and I would think there's a pretty good chance some team will need an infielder.

Depending on a team's needs, Gennett may have more trade appeal than Cozart. He's half the price and has two years of team control. I think Gennett is the better offensive player. Cozart would be the choice if SS was the primary target.

Would either one really bring much in return through trade?
I doubt it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, the Scooter Gennett deal was a mind buster.
He'll be a decent utility infielder capable of playing multiple positions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gennett comes in handy if the Reds want to trade Cozart. They shove Peraza to SS.
I also heard Jennings opted out, so that makes Gennett valuable because it lets Alcantara play some outfield. I would assume that Jennings' incentives are off the table so Gennett gets that paycheck.
I doubt Gennett would be an everyday player. He is only average defensively but is a good contact hitter. I see his roll as a backup infielder and pinch hitter.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Gennett would be an everyday player. He is only average defensively but is a good contact hitter. I see his roll as a backup infielder and pinch hitter.
Not sure what the plan is, but Gennett is learning to play some OF and 3B. Could be they just need a .260 hitter on the bench.