• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C.J. Fair

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Syracuse to end Cals chances while advancing and demolishing Dayton or Baylor. Good luck Orange.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Syracuse to end Cals chances while advancing and demolishing Dayton or Baylor. Good luck Orange.

Thanks Douggie. I was really worried about the game against Pitino's Gofers. If anyone knows SU's zone D, it would be a Pitino. Cal should be a W for the Cuse....but it's still bball. They have a couple of good players....Cobb is a good ball player and they have this freshman Jabari Bird who they like a lot. But the Cuse should handle them. Baylor is ranked 18. They are expected to handle Dayton. If so, they will be the highest ranked team SU will play prior to conference play. We'll see how that one goes.

Just the Cuse, Pitt and Wake remain undefeted in the ACC so far. Mainly because those three haven't played top 20 teams yet.

Wake plays kansas Thursday night. We'll learn a bunch about Wake then.

Pit isn't going to play anyone in the near future so.....Stanford....meh.

Duke playing KU as an opener is harsh. We'll see how they move ahead. Michigan will be fun. McGary is one of my favorite players from last year. He'll make Duke earn everything inside. And then you guys go out to UCLA....they will be interesting with their new coach.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Vermont played a 2-3 zone makes me think Duke will fail to score against JB's zone for sure. The schedule this year is absolutely brutal. I really expect to have about three losses or more before ACC play starts. You forgot Alabama, and if Duke happens to beat them they play Arizona.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Vermont played a 2-3 zone makes me think Duke will fail to score against JB's zone for sure. The schedule this year is absolutely brutal. I really expect to have about three losses or more before ACC play starts. You forgot Alabama, and if Duke happens to beat them they play Arizona.

Duke's got this. If you took five players from all the teams Bama and Zona have played, they would have one good squad.

AZ appears good on paper, but they've played nobody. Everyone is still judging them off of last year. Bama isn't getting out of a weak SEC much less causing your boys problems.

And Coach K will have something for JB. After last nights game, I'm feeling a little better about the Cuse. But I also know how a season in a strong conference will take its toll. No one knows that better than Coach K and he'll have your boys pumped.

Me.....I'll be putting up CJ Fair highlights all season long. He is by far my favorite Cuse player the last 30 years.....since Washington and Coleman anyways.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya jonvi. I feel the same way and absolutely love to watch Jabari Parker play. And while many hate the ACC expansion I think it will make the conference much better. Good luck in Hawaii. There's good news and bad news when a team loses in Maui. The good news is it's Hawaii. The bad news? You're still in Hawaii.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real story here is that Syracuse actually left the state of New York to play a non-conference game...

:laugh3:

Oh My God....Too Funny.....Never heard that before.

Now my good son....When the team your a fan of has C.J. Fair....you may speak again.

BWWWWAAAAAAAAhahahaahaahahahahahahahahahaha

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair won the tournament's MVP, taking home a wooden trophy shaped like a basketball. After the game, he posed for photos with several fans with the hardware before walking off the floor.

''I'm still in the moment, so I'm good to go,'' Fair said. ''Tomorrow at practice, it'll hit me then.''

img24293142.jpg

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke's got this. If you took five players from all the teams Bama and Zona have played, they would have one good squad.

AZ appears good on paper, but they've played nobody. Everyone is still judging them off of last year.
Bama isn't getting out of a weak SEC much less causing your boys problems.

And Coach K will have something for JB. After last nights game, I'm feeling a little better about the Cuse. But I also know how a season in a strong conference will take its toll. No one knows that better than Coach K and he'll have your boys pumped.

Me.....I'll be putting up CJ Fair highlights all season long. He is by far my favorite Cuse player the last 30 years.....since Washington and Coleman anyways.

I'm a little surprised you didn't see the potential of this team, even before the season started it was pretty obvious we were legit top 5. 'Cuse had many more questions than we did to start the season, besides CJ Fair.

And maybe it's because you are on the east coast but you never should discount SDSU especially at home, the past 5 or so years should have taught you that.

Also, Sherman Douglas was my favorite all-time 'Cuse alum for the record :)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised you didn't see the potential of this team, even before the season started it was pretty obvious we were legit top 5. 'Cuse had many more questions than we did to start the season, besides CJ Fair.

And maybe it's because you are on the east coast but you never should discount SDSU especially at home, the past 5 or so years should have taught you that.

Also, Sherman Douglas was my favorite all-time 'Cuse alum for the record :)

I'm rarely good at judging teams until I see them on the court. Because teams out west are on late, I don't see many games...weekends is where I catch most of them. PAC teams.....I tend to overlook good teams until conference play begins. Couple that with I've lived on the east coast all my life, I'm sure I'm brainwashed to a large degree. I have a tendancy to blow off any team west of Kansas.

But as a season wears on, a team or two catches my attention. This years AZ team has. I expected Duke to win that game pretty easily, but we know how that ended. :whistle:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rarely good at judging teams until I see them on the court. Because teams out west are on late, I don't see many games...weekends is where I catch most of them. PAC teams.....I tend to overlook good teams until conference play begins. Couple that with I've lived on the east coast all my life, I'm sure I'm brainwashed to a large degree. I have a tendancy to blow off any team west of Kansas.

But as a season wears on, a team or two catches my attention. This years AZ team has. I expected Duke to win that game pretty easily, but we know how that ended. :whistle:

haha fair points all around. I am the rare east coaster who follows a west coast team, so i get the best of both worlds and it's almost unfair of me to judge YOU for not staying up until 1 in the morning to watch the Cats on a shitty Pac-12 stream, isn't it?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC has the best true road win of the year @ MSU... and now they can actually top it. Should be a good game.

Only other true road wins that come close:
Memphis @ Louisville
SDSU @ Kansas
Arizona @ SDSU

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC has the best true road win of the year @ MSU... and now they can actually top it. Should be a good game.

Only other true road wins that come close:
Memphis @ Louisville
SDSU @ Kansas
Arizona @ SDSU

I think SU matches up well against UNC's strengths. Beating the zone involves good shooting from 3, or get the ball to the top of the key and make the correct decision...drive, pop or kick the ball out to the open shooter.

Paige is their go to shooter from deep making 35.4 percent from 3. The SU defense can't lose track of Paige. Aside from him, UNC's shooting is ok but not great so far.

From there, McAdoo is their down low threat. SUs baseline D is pretty good. Dejuan Coleman is gimping from a sore knee, but sat the last two games. I suspect he will be back in the rotation Saturday. MacAdos a great player, but SU has a lot of fouls to give him with Coleman, keita and Christmas. He will earn everything.

They have 4 McDonalds all americans. They have the potential to be great. Both SU and UNC need their A game. We'll see who brings it Saturday at noon. I hate noon games.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SU matches up well against UNC's strengths. Beating the zone involves good shooting from 3, or get the ball to the top of the key and make the correct decision...drive, pop or kick the ball out to the open shooter.

Paige is their go to shooter from deep making 35.4 percent from 3. The SU defense can't lose track of Paige. Aside from him, UNC's shooting is ok but not great so far.

From there, McAdoo is their down low threat. SUs baseline D is pretty good. Dejuan Coleman is gimping from a sore knee, but sat the last two games. I suspect he will be back in the rotation Saturday. MacAdos a great player, but SU has a lot of fouls to give him with Coleman, keita and Christmas. He will earn everything.

They have 4 McDonalds all americans. They have the potential to be great. Both SU and UNC need their A game. We'll see who brings it Saturday at noon. I hate noon games.

not sure I agree with this. He SHOULD be a great player, but his development just hasn't been there

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players who scored more points over the past week, and there are players who shot higher percentages, too. But no player had a bigger role in leading his school to multiple historical moments than Syracuse senior C.J. Fair.

That's why Fair is the CBSSports.com National Player of the Week.

He finished with 16 points, eight rebounds and three steals in Wednesday's 67-57 win at Wake Forest that kept the Orange undefeated and set the stage for Saturday's showdown with Duke, in which Fair made 12 of the 20 shots he attempted and finished with 28 points, five rebounds and two blocks while leading the Orange to a 91-89 win that helped launch the Orange to No. 1 in the Top 25 (and one).

"C.J. Fair was phenomenal," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said after Saturday's win that was recorded before a record crowd of 35,446 at the Carrier Dome. "He broke out of that good, solid player [and] into a great player. He was a great player tonight."

Fair is now averaging 17.2 points and 5.9 rebounds this season.