• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byerod ... hello rookie

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Trent Murphy signing. That helps.
If we can get Pouncey or Jensen, I would feel much better though.
Jordan Mills cannot be starting next year. He's terrible.

Maybe I can get on board with this, but Roquan Smith and Quentin Nelson seem to be easy choices...and safer.

This Beane/McDermott combo exudes intelligence though. Trust is a hard thing to give, but they have mine. That will grow if A.J. or the rookie prove to be a Tyrod upgrade.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I can get on board with this, but Roquan Smith and Quentin Nelson seem to be easy choices...and safer.

This Beane/McDermott combo exudes intelligence though. Trust is a hard thing to give, but they have mine. That will grow if A.J. or the rookie prove to be a Tyrod upgrade.

I agree 100% we absolutely cannot allow Jordan Mills to start again, worst starting right tackle in the NFL.

We have a lot to address on the offensive line.

I wish we could get Nelson but I don't see him getting past Denver at #5.

Beane/McDermott have done a fantastic job so far, bringing in good free agents without overpaying for big names and last year's draft which was McDermott since Beane wasn't here yet...that draft was great

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets traded up and it's clear they're taking a QB. At this point I think we'll end up with Baker Mayfield. Darnold goes 1, Rosen 2, Allen 3

We have to stay put at this point, even though the Jets way overpaid that will go the going price for a higher pick and it's too big of a price to pay

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets traded up and it's clear they're taking a QB. At this point I think we'll end up with Baker Mayfield. Darnold goes 1, Rosen 2, Allen 3

We have to stay put at this point, even though the Jets way overpaid that will go the going price for a higher pick and it's too big of a price to pay

Much too big. Absolutely not worth it. And if we take Mayfield at 12, that is just as big of a mistake.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move up for whom? We are depleted at LB and have no right side of the O line. It's not like we won't have a chance again. In two years, McCarron will have proven he's something or nothing. If he's nothing, whatever, high pick. If he's something, they didn't waste money and two top 65 draft slots for a useless 1st rounder, and have two better additions elsewhere this year.

It would be different if there was a clear guy, but this handful of so-so's makes me extremely nervous.

The coaches need to have a favorite for the offense they want to run. Making that public would only hurt their chances to trade up and get the pick they will need.

These draft picks were accumulated for exactly this task. Otherwise, the Bills remain in that playoff fringe where the team drafts too late to get a top QB prospect without giving away the next 2 years of early picks.

Without a QB, we've seen this team go nowhere for decades. Even with a passable QB (like Tyrod), the best they could do is finally back their way into a playoff spot. This staff has a vision and a QB target in mind. Unfortunately, the Jets trading up to #3 (and overpaying to do so according to the value chart), the Bills are likely going to pay through the nose to get to #2.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches need to have a favorite for the offense they want to run. Making that public would only hurt their chances to trade up and get the pick they will need.

These draft picks were accumulated for exactly this task. Otherwise, the Bills remain in that playoff fringe where the team drafts too late to get a top QB prospect without giving away the next 2 years of early picks.

Without a QB, we've seen this team go nowhere for decades. Even with a passable QB (like Tyrod), the best they could do is finally back their way into a playoff spot. This staff has a vision and a QB target in mind. Unfortunately, the Jets trading up to #3 (and overpaying to do so according to the value chart), the Bills are likely going to pay through the nose to get to #2.

Tim Couch and Akili Smith sandwiched McNabb the last time the draft went QB,QB,QB... All this noise about "franchise" QB make me laugh.

Defense wins championships. Eli is the only example this century of a top five pick winning it all.

Trading four picks to get one of these hype-forced QB class is a massive mistake. RG3 and Kirk Cousins proved that.

How great does Jaemis Winston make Tampa? Even the greatness of Luck does nothing but limit the money to be spent elsewhere, and nothing to show for it.

I really do not want to trade up. Especially when it's admitted before hand that it would have to be an overpay.

I have new trust here with Beans and Derm...can't see them ruining this situation.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can trade our 2 firsts and a first next year and then try to do one of those current 2nd for a 1st next year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can trade our 2 firsts and a first next year and then try to do one of those current 2nd for a 1st next year.

Who behind us are trying or able to trade up? I would puke if we do that.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it would depend on who we trade up for and how good they turn out. If it turns into another Watkins sure but if we end up getting our franchise why not its a small price to pay.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona, currently at #15. Redskins could be in play at #13. Chargers at #17 (but would they pay the price to get above #12?)...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the Bills got Bodine (2 yr) to compete at center, and Newhouse (1 yr) to compete at RT. Not upper echelon choices, but workable.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Bills got Bodine (2 yr) to compete at center, and Newhouse (1 yr) to compete at RT. Not upper echelon choices, but workable.

Terrible. Bodine is terrible.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not inspiring. Better have been cheap (and easily dumpable).

Who is Newhouse? Oakland?

Either way, there should be no competition at RT. Mills is the worst player in the NFL.