• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Week Midseason Draft Thoughts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they will have the space for AB & Bell's contract? Not to mention A-Vill, Cockrell, Nix, etc? Everywhere that I've been reading about the Steelers offseason has mentioned the cap situation as "tight". But I haven't done any fact checking of my own on that end so I don't know what to think of it.

And yes on the RB depth. D-Will & K-will shouldn't be viewed as the answer. I'd like to see D-Will stick around for another season though.

Cap...Bell & AB...good point. Spotrac has the with $6.1 available now. I guess the 1st thing is to see what's coming (or might be coming) off the books for '17...Timmons $15.1, Green $6.1 (he does have a $3.5 dead money hit), Moats, $3.1, J. Jones 2.7...that's close to $30 mil so roughly $20 mil or so I think we can say is safe to come off.

Plus reportedly the '17 cap is supposed go to up...$166 to $170mil are numbers I'm seeing...so at least $15mil or so on the low end from '16.

Unfortunately, (for them I guess) Cockrell and Avill don't have a ton of leverage yet, but I can see both getting nice bumps but maybe not legit FA type money.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap...Bell & AB...good point. Spotrac has the with $6.1 available now. I guess the 1st thing is to see what's coming (or might be coming) off the books for '17...Timmons $15.1, Green $6.1 (he does have a $3.5 dead money hit), Moats, $3.1, J. Jones 2.7...that's close to $30 mil so roughly $20 mil or so I think we can say is safe to come off.

Plus reportedly the '17 cap is supposed go to up...$166 to $170mil are numbers I'm seeing...so at least $15mil or so on the low end from '16.

Unfortunately, (for them I guess) Cockrell and Avill don't have a ton of leverage yet, but I can see both getting nice bumps but maybe not legit FA type money.
All great info to take into account. Thanks ATL! I hope they have the juice to get it all done this offseason. I've always been a huge fan of Omar Khan's work. He's the mad genius that always figures out a way to keep the locker rooms intact.

Once March hits we will get a better idea of what numbers we are looking at.