• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Week food for thought

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever post something this absurd, I want everyone to let me know. And, I will apologize to all of you for being so ignorant.

What is absurd about it???? Holgorsen has said its on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the end of the PSU and UofM game. Envious of PSU fans. They support their team through thick and thin. Following an embarassing blowout loss to IU... they fill their stadium with over 100,000 fans.

We truly have a pathetic fanbase. Bunch of fair weather bandwagon fans.

Did you notice how well the FRESHMAN QB for PSU ran the offense, THAT is effective coaching, improvement from week to week, learning from mistakes and correcting them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice how well the FRESHMAN QB for PSU ran the offense, THAT is effective coaching, improvement from week to week, learning from mistakes and correcting them.

I thought you said promoting someone to HC who had NEVER been a HC could not work. Good HC's HAD to have PREVIOUS HC experience.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is absurd about it???? Holgorsen has said its on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana has not thrown his players under the bus. He is saying all the right things to the press this year. Once again, another example of his maturity as a HC. He is taking all the responsibility this year.

However, to say the communication problem is on the coaches is quite absurd. Dana has been doing hand signals with his QB's for years without there being a problem.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be working pretty good for you today, 1982, sPitt, PSU, OU all three top 10
1981 spitt, PSU top 5
1978 PSU, OU top 5, sPitt top 15
1977 sPitt, PSU, UMD, all top 12
1976 sPitt, UMD top 10

LAST year we played ONE top 10 team, three other ranked teams, and went 2-2 against them, and lost to four unranked teams!!!!!!

Did WVU lose to any AQ teams that finished with a losing record last year? Did WVU lose to any non-AQ schools last year?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did WVU lose to any AQ teams that finished with a losing record last year? Did WVU lose to any non-AQ schools last year?

Yea, we should strive to win 7 games a year, we should rejoice in 30 point losses!!!!! We should aim for the Yankee bowl every year!!!! Maybe if we manage to win three more, we can go back there and lose to one of the new BE er AAC teams like Tulsa, and we can have just as successful a year as we did last year!!!! How the hell you guys are defending what is happening on the field.............

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said promoting someone to HC who had NEVER been a HC could not work. Good HC's HAD to have PREVIOUS HC experience.
:bullshit: I never said it could NOT work, I said a proven winning HC is a better choice than an assistant with no HC experience. HC is a VASTLY different job than an assistant. Some are cut out to be HC, some are not, and I would rather they do their learning at a MAC school than here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we should strive to win 7 games a year, we should rejoice in 30 point losses!!!!! We should aim for the Yankee bowl every year!!!! Maybe if we manage to win three more, we can go back there and lose to one of the new BE er AAC teams like Tulsa, and we can have just as successful a year as we did last year!!!! How the hell you guys are defending what is happening on the field.............

There you go!!

Now you're thinking like a true WVU fan. I like it!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: I never said it could NOT work, I said a proven winning HC is a better choice than an assistant with no HC experience. HC is a VASTLY different job than an assistant. Some are cut out to be HC, some are not, and I would rather they do their learning at a MAC school than here.

Yes you did!

You are on record for saying it COULD NEVER WORK!!

All HC's have to be HC... even if it is at high school.. or a Div III team... to be successful at the next level.

It COULD NEVER WORK AT WVU... it did not work with Frank Cignetti... and it hasn't worked with Dana Holgorsen!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did!

You are on record for saying it COULD NEVER WORK!!

All HC's have to be HC... even if it is at high school.. or a Div III team... to be successful at the next level.

It COULD NEVER WORK AT WVU... it did not work with Frank Cignetti... and it hasn't worked with Dana Holgorsen!!

I SAID WVU should not be a place where a guy learns the job, that we are a program that is high enough stature to be able to hire a proven winning coach. AGAIN, I did not say it COULD NOT work, I said it is better to hire a proven guy, let him learn the job at Akron or somewhere, then hire him. Yes there are guys who succeed, but there are many that fail too, for every guy who makes the move at a high level, there is a Charlie Weis.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SAID WVU should not be a place where a guy learns the job, that we are a program that is high enough stature to be able to hire a proven winning coach. AGAIN, I did not say it COULD NOT work, I said it is better to hire a proven guy, let him learn the job at Akron or somewhere, then hire him. Yes there are guys who succeed, but there are many that fail too, for every guy who makes the move at a high level, there is a Charlie Weis.

How is it working at Penn State?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien suffered at embarrassing loss to IU the week prior... you could NEVER ACCEPT him.

Bill was not a HC at a MAC school... and he has suffered a large number of embarrassing losses.

FORGET ABOUT IT....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien suffered at embarrassing loss to IU the week prior... you could NEVER ACCEPT him.

Bill was not a HC at a MAC school... and he has suffered a large number of embarrassing losses.

FORGET ABOUT IT....

AND, you can SEE progress and improvement on the field from week to week, what are we seeing here??? If you were a true fan, you would look at the problems on the team and see them for what they are, rather than trying to pick apart my posts!!!!! There ARE chemistry problems at WVU, and the team will NOT improve until they are resolved.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND, you can SEE progress and improvement on the field from week to week, what are we seeing here??? If you were a true fan, you would look at the problems on the team and see them for what they are, rather than trying to pick apart my posts!!!!! There ARE chemistry problems at WVU, and the team will NOT improve until they are resolved.

You think PSU is showing improvement from one week to the next because it defeated UofM last night?

We are talking about the same UofM team that had to come from behind to beat UConn? Right?

The same UofM team that barely got by Akron... right?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think PSU is showing improvement from one week to the next because it defeated UofM last night?

We are talking about the same UofM team that had to come from behind to beat UConn? Right?

The same UofM team that barely got by Akron... right?
:wtf2::wtf2::wtf2: REALLY, that shows your lack of football knowledge, PSU got a royal beatdown by INDIANA last week and came alive to beat UM this week, their offense is growing, their FRESHMAN QB gets the play, has been TAUGHT the offense, and is showing improvement.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy Dad is a dumb FUCK

Stop the personal attacks or be gone. Take a day off and think about it. First and last warning.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2::wtf2::wtf2: REALLY, that shows your lack of football knowledge, PSU got a royal beatdown by INDIANA last week and came alive to beat UM this week, their offense is growing, their FRESHMAN QB gets the play, has been TAUGHT the offense, and is showing improvement.

First of all, their FR QB was a 5 star stud out of high school. So, he ain't just any FR QB.

Secondly, I have mad respect for O'Brien. I thought he did an amazing job with their team last year, and he looks like the perfect guy for their program. For the kids' sake, I hope he stays there through their sanctioned time period.

But, PSU actually had less offensive production last night than they had in the IU game... minus the point total. They've been averaging 440 yds/gm... and they had but 390 thru 4 OT's last night.

You would NEVER want a coach like O'Brien at WVU though. He NEVER had a job as a HC before getting the PSU gig.

Like you've told us a MILLION times.... ONLY PREVIOUS HC'S OF MAC SCHOOLS CAN HAVE SUCCESS AT WVU.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be working pretty good for you today, 1982, sPitt, PSU, OU all three top 10
1981 spitt, PSU top 5
1978 PSU, OU top 5, sPitt top 15
1977 sPitt, PSU, UMD, all top 12
1976 sPitt, UMD top 10

LAST year we played ONE top 10 team, three other ranked teams, and went 2-2 against them, and lost to four unranked teams!!!!!!

Where did those 82 teams finish? Not in the top 10 so that year we played exactly the same amount of top tens teams we played last year......

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did those 82 teams finish? Not in the top 10 so that year we played exactly the same amount of top tens teams we played last year......

Yet again, :bullshit:, in the 1982 final AP poll, PSU was #1, sPitt #10, OU #16, UPI was same, but sPitt #9

College Football Rankings 1980's

Take a look, rather than just making stuff up............

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to pick and choose, by claiming rank at time of game now, but end of year for old times??????