• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buxton sent down again

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buxton is back to minors, still struggling at the plate.

I'm hoping he follows path of Torii Hunter who took few years to figure it out as well

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu is already about ready to give up on the Buxton hype. Right now I can't say I disagree at all. He hasn't shown to be anything more than a guy blessed with speed.

But, as I told Nos. He simply needs to play for a month straight, no exceptions. This is ridiculous. What fucking good is it doing having Danny Santana in LF? He isn't an OF and he isn't good. Rosario in center? I want Rosario to play to but he should be in LF.

The end of this year should be about playing Sano, Kepler, Polanco, Buxton all the time. Rosario and Vargas as much as possible.

And lastly, fuck Trevor Plouffe.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we talked about @mr.hockey4242 I don't think playing a month straight will teach him anything at this point. He is one of the worst I have ever seen at locating and recognizing a pitch as it comes out of the pitchers hand. It is almost as if he makes up his mind to swing before the pitch has even been thrown.

There have been hundreds of can't miss prospects who just never figured it out at the big league level and he is one of those players, now he is young and I believe this is something that can be worked on, I have no idea what Bruno or the hitting coach at Rochester has tried as far as teaching him but what needs to be said to him is..

1. Put on some weight, even when he hits a ball it almost looks like the bat is knocked out of his hands.
2. Learn what pitchers throw learn when they typically throw certain pitchers.
3. Keep your eye on the ball! Follow the ball into the catchers mitt, learn to read pitches and stop swinging at off speed pitches that start off at your knee!

Torii Hunter was never as bad as Buxton has been.

IMO Buxton will never be anything but a late inning defensive replacement and pinch runner. He looks completly lost trying to hit big league pitching.

Oh and one at bat for trevor Plouffe the rest of this season is one at bat to many!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we talked about @mr.hockey4242 I don't think playing a month straight will teach him anything at this point. He is one of the worst I have ever seen at locating and recognizing a pitch as it comes out of the pitchers hand. It is almost as if he makes up his mind to swing before the pitch has even been thrown.

There have been hundreds of can't miss prospects who just never figured it out at the big league level and he is one of those players, now he is young and I believe this is something that can be worked on, I have no idea what Bruno or the hitting coach at Rochester has tried as far as teaching him but what needs to be said to him is..

1. Put on some weight, even when he hits a ball it almost looks like the bat is knocked out of his hands.
2. Learn what pitchers throw learn when they typically throw certain pitchers.
3. Keep your eye on the ball! Follow the ball into the catchers mitt, learn to read pitches and stop swinging at off speed pitches that start off at your knee!

Torii Hunter was never as bad as Buxton has been.

IMO Buxton will never be anything but a late inning defensive replacement and pinch runner. He looks completly lost trying to hit big league pitching.

Oh and one at bat for trevor Plouffe the rest of this season is one at bat to many!

I think the idea with a month straight is to put it all to rest. Buxton/coaches/media all point to it being "mental" for him.

So give him a month saying "hey Byron you are going to play today, you are going to play tomorrow. Now go do your thing".

Then if he's still hitting like a jackass we can start realistically talking about giving up. At that point he would have about 4 big league stints under his belt WITH one full month of PT and reps.

We need a CF bad so hopefully we figure something out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyday playing time please!!!

This is fun