• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Butkus Award finalists

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you're on a roll. How are you gonna explain this one? Is it because he's better than any Wisconsin QB ever and you're jealous you don't have him this year?

You're on a roll saying nobody knows who our LB's are while they're up for awards this season. If you would watch the games they talk about the LB corps as one of the best in the country all the time (with three of them injured).

Wilson was by far a better QB than JT Barrett ever was is or will ever be. Were you high when you made that ignorant comment?

I'm going to save your comment of saying JT was better than any Wisconsin QB ever. Oh man I am going to bring that crap up for years to come. Thanks

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those statistics don't tell the entire story. Again because the Badgers are a better all around defense they aren't allowing as many first downs. Which is why Iowa has allowed offenses to take 121 more snaps against them. That's 121 more tackles, 121 more opportunities for tackles for loss, 121 more opportunities for sacks, etc. It's easier to stat pad with an inferior defense. This is why players from the best defenses are normally given the nod even with inferior all around stats.

Edwards hasn't been the best in the game statistically but he makes game changing plays, does everything very well, is all over the field and is the leader on what is arguably the best defense in the country.

Wisconsin's defense is obviously better. But I am talking about 1 player. Then you guys bring up how 1 player doesn't make the team.

If Edwards has all those studs around him, wouldn't it be harder to game plan because the opposing offenses have to worry about blocking all of those studs? With Iowa, all they needed to do was block #43 there in the middle of the field and throw away from #15. Seemed to work 5 times so far. Well, 4 and the PSU game. Barkley went right after Jewell and both had an amazing game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it really matters but I was surprised Jewell and Malik Jefferson (Texas) were not on the list

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on a roll saying nobody knows who our LB's are while they're up for awards this season. If you would watch the games they talk about the LB corps as one of the best in the country all the time (with three of them injured).

Wilson was by far a better QB than JT Barrett ever was is or will ever be. Were you high when you made that ignorant comment?

I'm going to save your comment of saying JT was better than any Wisconsin QB ever. Oh man I am going to bring that crap up for years to come. Thanks
Which LBs are up for awards? I see the one.

LMAO BEST IN THE COUNTRY ALL-TIME??? HAHAHAHAHA

In college, Barrett was better. In the pros? Wilson. Bring it up all you want, Barrett has had a far better college career than Wilson did. Also, what makes Barrett a bitch? I notice you couldn't answer that.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. They talk about that defense and all. But how many of those opponents have made headlines this season? How many of the offensive opponents they faced won awards this season?

And 1 LB is up for an award. Jewell has been winning weekly awards throughout the season.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's defense is obviously better. But I am talking about 1 player. Then you guys bring up how 1 player doesn't make the team.

If Edwards has all those studs around him, wouldn't it be harder to game plan because the opposing offenses have to worry about blocking all of those studs? With Iowa, all they needed to do was block #43 there in the middle of the field and throw away from #15. Seemed to work 5 times so far. Well, 4 and the PSU game. Barkley went right after Jewell and both had an amazing game.

I have no idea. What I do know is the players put on this award list appear to be on the best defenses in the country. Jewell is an outstanding LB and for sure deserves recognition but is hindered by not having an elite defense. I'm sure Jewell will be an all BIG MLB for sure.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. What I do know is the players put on this award list appear to be on the best defenses in the country. Jewell is an outstanding LB and for sure deserves recognition but is hindered by not having an elite defense. I'm sure Jewell will be an all BIG MLB for sure.

Well, at least he is a finalist for the 2017 Bronco Nagurski Award. Only B1G player on that list.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which LBs are up for awards? I see the one.

LMAO BEST IN THE COUNTRY ALL-TIME??? HAHAHAHAHA

In college, Barrett was better. In the pros? Wilson. Bring it up all you want, Barrett has had a far better college career than Wilson did. Also, what makes Barrett a bitch? I notice you couldn't answer that.

They're described by the commentators as one of the best LB groups in every game I've watched so far. I'm sure they will have multiple players receive awards or be on All BIG first and second teams

Career maybe but Wilson's senior season with Wisconsin was vastly superior than JT Barret's season.

Wilson had a 73% comp%, lower int% 4 total, higher TD% 33 total and higher YPA 10.3 with 191.8 QB rating with about 11 less passing attempts combined with 4.8 YPC and 7 TD's.

JT has 67% comp% 7 int's, 32 TD's 8.4 YPA and 166.3 QB rating but does have 5.3 YPC and 8 TD's rushing

Overall JT was a slightly better runner but RW was a vastly superior passer and it wasn't even close.

As far as JT being a little bitch, we will make him our bitch in a couple weeks. It will be painful for you to watch.:ninja:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're described by the commentators as one of the best LB groups in every game I've watched so far. I'm sure they will have multiple players receive awards or be on All BIG first and second teams

Career maybe but Wilson's senior season with Wisconsin was vastly superior than JT Barret's season.

Wilson had a 73% comp%, lower int% 4 total, higher TD% 33 total and higher YPA 10.3 with 191.8 QB rating with about 11 less passing attempts combined with 4.8 YPC and 7 TD's.

JT has 67% comp% 7 int's, 32 TD's 8.4 YPA and 166.3 QB rating but does have 5.3 YPC and 8 TD's rushing

Overall JT was a slightly better runner but RW was a vastly superior passer and it wasn't even close.

As far as JT being a little bitch, we will make him our bitch in a couple weeks. It will be painful for you to watch.:ninja:
Russell Wilson for his career (college):
907/1489, 11,720 yards, 60.9% comp, 109 TD/30 INT, 7.9 ypa
441 carries, 1421 yards, 23 TD, 3.2 ypc

JT Barrett for his career (with at least 3 more games remaining):
742/1159, 9,068 yards, 64% comp, 101 TD/28 INT, 7.8 ypa
607 carries, 3,081 yards, 39 TD, 5.1 YPC

They'll wind up with pretty similar passing numbers, but Barrett destroys Wilson on the ground. Also, from a total yards/TD perspective, his season that year trails (or will trail) Barrett both in 2017 and in 2014.

As far as him meeting up with your LBs, he handled them last year. I'd be much more concerned with how your limp-wristed QB is gonna deal with Bosa, Hubbard, Lewis, Holmes, and Dre'Mont Jones all day, not to mention Tuf Borland (hurts, don't it?) manning the middle to shut down the run.

I see shades of 2014 already...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson for his career (college):
907/1489, 11,720 yards, 60.9% comp, 109 TD/30 INT, 7.9 ypa
441 carries, 1421 yards, 23 TD, 3.2 ypc

JT Barrett for his career (with at least 3 more games remaining):
742/1159, 9,068 yards, 64% comp, 101 TD/28 INT, 7.8 ypa
607 carries, 3,081 yards, 39 TD, 5.1 YPC

They'll wind up with pretty similar passing numbers, but Barrett destroys Wilson on the ground. Also, from a total yards/TD perspective, his season that year trails (or will trail) Barrett both in 2017 and in 2014.

As far as him meeting up with your LBs, he handled them last year. I'd be much more concerned with how your limp-wristed QB is gonna deal with Bosa, Hubbard, Lewis, Holmes, and Dre'Mont Jones all day, not to mention Tuf Borland (hurts, don't it?) manning the middle to shut down the run.

I see shades of 2014 already...

Again, I'm comparing Wilson with JT when he was on Wisconsin because you said no Wisconsin QB was as good as JT. Again, as a Wisconsin QB his numbers were superior and his leadership during that season was unmatched. The man was named the team captain the first week. He learned the playbook in a couple weeks.

I'm pretty sure Cichy dominated JT a few times. The defense under Wilcox last season was great in the first half and struggled in the second half the OSU game was a perfect example as JT did nothing in the first half and the PSU game was an even better example. Now with Jim Leonard we hold teams down to maybe 7 points or 10 at most in the first half and then just demolish them in the second half. This team offensively and defensively does to teams what Floyd Mayweather did to Mgregor. They basically just test what the opponent has and plays a conservative game plan and see how the opponent reacts and then crushes them in the second half after making them feel like they have a chance. The second half adjustments are unmatched.

It should be a great match up but I fear for JT Barrett's life if he tries to run vs this team of 2017.

Again, there's a better chance of Wisconsin winning big than winning close. The only way it's close is if Hornibrook has multiple pick six's

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Roquan Smith nominated. He's UGA's MVP as far as I'm concerned.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm comparing Wilson with JT when he was on Wisconsin because you said no Wisconsin QB was as good as JT. Again, as a Wisconsin QB his numbers were superior and his leadership during that season was unmatched. The man was named the team captain the first week. He learned the playbook in a couple weeks.

I'm pretty sure Cichy dominated JT a few times. The defense under Wilcox last season was great in the first half and struggled in the second half the OSU game was a perfect example as JT did nothing in the first half and the PSU game was an even better example. Now with Jim Leonard we hold teams down to maybe 7 points or 10 at most in the first half and then just demolish them in the second half. This team offensively and defensively does to teams what Floyd Mayweather did to Mgregor. They basically just test what the opponent has and plays a conservative game plan and see how the opponent reacts and then crushes them in the second half after making them feel like they have a chance. The second half adjustments are unmatched.

It should be a great match up but I fear for JT Barrett's life if he tries to run vs this team of 2017.

Again, there's a better chance of Wisconsin winning big than winning close. The only way it's close is if Hornibrook has multiple pick six's
How did you guys do against Ohio State that year when Wilson was there? :D

Why do you suppose we're listed as a 7 point favorite right now?

If JT starts tearing into you guys on the ground along with having Weber and Dobbins available, it's gonna be an ugly day for Wisconsin. We'll be the best run defense you've faced all year. We shut Barkley down, Taylor shouldn't be an issue, just like Gordon wasn't in 2014. We good. Did we iron out our avy bet?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If JT starts tearing into you guys on the ground along with having Weber and Dobbins available, it's gonna be an ugly day for Wisconsin. We'll be the best run defense you've faced all year. We shut Barkley down, Taylor shouldn't be an issue, just like Gordon wasn't in 2014. We good. Did we iron out our avy bet?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whistling while walking past the graveyard

As for your rushing defense - Iowas 243 yards, Iowa vs Wisconsin 25 yards

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weren't you like 10+ point favorites vs Iowa?? How did that go for you guys. I thought lines come out the week before not two weeks.

Wilson did pretty well but our defense was a base 4-3 defense and was dog shit that year.

Wisconsin relinquishes just over 2.6 yards per carry on the ground to QB's and RB's. Good luck lol

The best run defense and overall defense will be Michigan even after we face you guys.

Barkley is more of a quickness small back and JT is more of a power/speed guy with a better O-line. When the second half comes those 320+ and 6'6"+ dudes will be pancaking that front seven of yours.

I'm locked in with our AVI bet since I've been turning down other AVI bets. We should finalize it next week since injuries can still occur. I would like it fair on both sides. If you have an injury to a major contributor that wouldn't be fair.

Again, 2014 our HC was Gary Anderson and he recruited skinny offensive linemen for the spread offense. Although Gordon was an absolute beast, having an inferior O-line vs solid defense isn't going to work out.

I think what you're forgetting is Wisconsin actually has legit multiple WR options as well. Now as long as Hornibrook doesn't throw gifts to OSU he will eat you guys alive. He is frustrating to watch because he makes some of the best throws of any QB I've seen all season then the next play he'll throw right to the DB. Very much a wild card in this game and a concern of mine but I'll trust in the QB whisperer in PC.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Precisely, never seen a dude so confident after getting destroyed by a 5 loss team by nearly 30 points. Are they magically going to be better all of a sudden? Was that just a rare anomaly and their team just didn't try? No excuse for a team will all that "talent" to lose by that much to a 5 loss team. It should automatically disqualify them from the CFP if losing 31-0 last year didn't. Their time is up and our time is now. They're worse than last season and we're better than last season. I see no reason to believe why we shouldn't blow them out other than Hornytoad having multiple pick sixes.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely, never seen a dude so confident after getting destroyed by a 5 loss team by nearly 30 points. Are they magically going to be better all of a sudden? Was that just a rare anomaly and their team just didn't try? No excuse for a team will all that "talent" to lose by that much to a 5 loss team. It should automatically disqualify them from the CFP if losing 31-0 last year didn't. Their time is up and our time is now. They're worse than last season and we're better than last season. I see no reason to believe why we shouldn't blow them out other than Hornytoad having multiple pick sixes.

Hell, we spotted Iowa 2 pick sixes and still won handily.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fair enough. We'll just see what happens in a week and a half then.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you happen to see what we did the week after Iowa? Blowing out #12 Michigan State by 45 points? That was a more impressive performance than anything Wisconsin has done this year by a landslide. If you're going to point out our lowest point, you've also gotta accept our highest, and if we're playing like that in Indianapolis, we're getting out with a double-digit win.

Also LMFAO at "their time is up and our time is now". That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. You're not blowing us out. We're still more talented, still deeper, and still have better coaches. Also, we have the #1 recruiting class in 2018. Where's Wisconsin's?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, we spotted Iowa 2 pick sixes and still won handily.

The Iowa game just doesn't count in OSU fans minds. They keep comparing our game in 2014. I like to compare last year. Hell, Corey freaking Clemet aka shit pants ran for 168 yards on them. With an improved O-line and Johnathan Taylor (dude that has speed and power) that doesn't bode well for them at all.

At least they can keep reliving 2014 after this game as well if it helps them sleep at night.

Not sure if we can overcome 2 pick six's vs OSU as well but I've never felt more confident in this defense than any of my teams (including 2010 and 1996 Packers or any Wisconsin defenses). Even after a turnover within our redzone I still expect them to get the ball right back or hold a team to a FG. Sure enough 9/10 times that's what happens. We should lock in Jim Leonhard for a lifetime contract. lol or at least a 5 year deal. Best halftime adjustments I've ever seen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you like 10+ point favorites vs Iowa?? How did that go for you guys. I thought lines come out the week before not two weeks.

Wilson did pretty well but our defense was a base 4-3 defense and was dog shit that year.

Wisconsin relinquishes just over 2.6 yards per carry on the ground to QB's and RB's. Good luck lol

The best run defense and overall defense will be Michigan even after we face you guys.

Barkley is more of a quickness small back and JT is more of a power/speed guy with a better O-line. When the second half comes those 320+ and 6'6"+ dudes will be pancaking that front seven of yours.

I'm locked in with our AVI bet since I've been turning down other AVI bets. We should finalize it next week since injuries can still occur. I would like it fair on both sides. If you have an injury to a major contributor that wouldn't be fair.

Again, 2014 our HC was Gary Anderson and he recruited skinny offensive linemen for the spread offense. Although Gordon was an absolute beast, having an inferior O-line vs solid defense isn't going to work out.

I think what you're forgetting is Wisconsin actually has legit multiple WR options as well. Now as long as Hornibrook doesn't throw gifts to OSU he will eat you guys alive. He is frustrating to watch because he makes some of the best throws of any QB I've seen all season then the next play he'll throw right to the DB. Very much a wild card in this game and a concern of mine but I'll trust in the QB whisperer in PC.
:lol: