• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BURN. IT. DOWN.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what a good job Brent Venables is doing down at Clemson and then ask yourself why he couldn't do that here at Oklahoma.

Oh, that's right, because BOB.

I have always been of the belief that you play the way you practice.
When you have a Defense that never looks back for the ball, you will never intercept it.
When you are at the corner of the End Zone, turn the fuck around and get the ball. There's no more space/time, but no, just throw your hands up and hope for the best.

The reason that Mike Stoops has them do that is because he knows he has inferior talent.
End of Story.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this would be better posted here on your board than the main board folks. This Buckeye fan wrote a letter in regard to his experience in Norman. I must say after reading this, I regret not making this trip. It sounds like you are are top notch and the hospitality was at the top. Kudos to you all!
Ohio State fan praises Sooner fans in open letter

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think I am on board now. It was at the opening drive, where realization sat in. When our own player went down and all you saw was him laying on the field while tOSU regained their composure. The realization that this game isn't going to end well and Stoops isn't going to win another title.

The thing is before the game you heard all this info coming out about Stoops taking the tOSU game serious. He knew this was a huge game a chance to get back into it and bring the program back on top. Reports about him the week before running around being like "Saban". But what happened, the team got manhandled and humiliated.

It's already been said. Basically after Bradford he coasted during the Landry Jones years and the first Trevor Knight year, thinking that recruits will come because they are OU, they have name advantage and teams will automatically respect them because they are OU. But the opposite happened. The fact that Baylor, TCU and Okie State rose up to become contenders against the Sooners just wasn't right. They should never have had the opportunity to be put in that position. But because of OU's lackadaisical attitude......it happened.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And injuries....wtf with injuries. Houston lit us up and injured our guy's, tOSU lit us up and took guy's out. Drove me insane.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiss Herman goodbye. LSU will likely snag him.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops isn't going anywhere unless we lose to TCU and get beat by Texas to be 1-4. That would do it. Otherwise he's staying and Boren/Castiglione will cover for him. But if this a-hole starts at 1-4 after everyone had such high hopes for the season (AGAIN!), Bud Wilkinson and Will Rogers could come out of their graves to vouch for Stoops and it wouldn't save his job.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops isn't going anywhere unless we lose to TCU and get beat by Texas to be 1-4. That would do it. Otherwise he's staying and Boren/Castiglione will cover for him. But if this a-hole starts at 1-4 after everyone had such high hopes for the season (AGAIN!), Bud Wilkinson and Will Rogers could come out of their graves to vouch for Stoops and it wouldn't save his job.

Do you really think he'd get canned with a 1-4 start? I'm not so convinced.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are frustrated. We are spoiled by success. If we don't get 10.6 wins/season, we get pissy. We all want another NC. True, 99% of D1 teams would love to have what we have had. However, that is history. So, how do we get better now? Who do we bring in that will get us 11+ wins/season and a NC? I'm not saying Stoops needs to stay, but who do we replace him with? Do we want to do like Texas did a few seasons ago? Look what happened to them.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think he'd get canned with a 1-4 start? I'm not so convinced.

I do. I have talked to enough people to know we will be fucking demanding some major changes if that happens. Not asking. Not requesting. Not inquiring. Demanding. Our D is giving up yardage like its the French army and our offense is being horribly ineffective for the talent we supposedly have. No cornerbacks. Weak in other areas. Weak recruiting is really hurting us. It's all a recipe for change.....especially when no one would expect us to stop at 4 losses if we were 1-4. Yea. It would happen.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are frustrated. We are spoiled by success. If we don't get 10.6 wins/season, we get pissy. We all want another NC. True, 99% of D1 teams would love to have what we have had. However, that is history. So, how do we get better now? Who do we bring in that will get us 11+ wins/season and a NC? I'm not saying Stoops needs to stay, but who do we replace him with? Do we want to do like Texas did a few seasons ago? Look what happened to them.

Joe Castiglione is paid one hell of a lot of money to be able to make those hard decisions. There are a dozen coaches who could duplicate what Stoops has done over the past 5 years. The trick is to get someone who can at least keep winning 9-10 games and then improve on that. He is out there. Somewhere. But if we sit on our ass for fear we will regress then OU fans have just settled for never --- repeat NEVER --- winning another National Championship as long as Bob Stoops is willing to keep cashing his checks. This is on Boren and Castiglione.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Castiglione is paid one hell of a lot of money to be able to make those hard decisions. There are a dozen coaches who could duplicate what Stoops has done over the past 5 years. The trick is to get someone who can at least keep winning 9-10 games and then improve on that. He is out there. Somewhere. But if we sit on our ass for fear we will regress then OU fans have just settled for never --- repeat NEVER --- winning another National Championship as long as Bob Stoops is willing to keep cashing his checks. This is on Boren and Castiglione.

Believe me...I am as frustrated as any OU fan. I just don't want to submarine like UT did bringing in a supposed young gun. Will you be happy with a couple 5 win seasons/no bowl? Texas had an infinite checking book and the best they could get was Strong. Who are we going to bring in with a smaller check book? I know that there are some wonderful coaches out there, but doesn't seem like any of them are looking for jobs. Unless you want Les Miles. lol.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I have talked to enough people to know we will be fucking demanding some major changes if that happens. Not asking. Not requesting. Not inquiring. Demanding. Our D is giving up yardage like its the French army and our offense is being horribly ineffective for the talent we supposedly have. No cornerbacks. Weak in other areas. Weak recruiting is really hurting us. It's all a recipe for change.....especially when no one would expect us to stop at 4 losses if we were 1-4. Yea. It would happen.

One thing to be aware of is if Bob gets canned you can kiss that top 5 17 class goodbye.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... we won so Mike will get to keep his job despite the fact that he couldn't handle being spotted a 25 point lead. Not impressed with Riley either. He just can't stick with the run.