• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BURN. IT. DOWN.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the last fucking straw. I have given Bob every single opportunity and excuse in the book. We have turned the entire fucking staff over and we still get this shit and it's getting worse. The answer is obvious that the problem is clearly at the top.

I could've tolerated a loss last night. Ohio state has far more talent on their roster than we do. What I simply cannot tolerate is getting absolutely embarrassed in our own fucking house. We didn't just get beat. We got embarrassed. The sooner nation showed up in full force last night, ready to do their part, to do what they could to push the team to win. People paid damn good money to so what turned out to be an absolute embarrassment. I know I did.

Ohio state returned 6, I repeat SIX starters from past years team. The talent gap wasn't even close. The discipline wasn't even close. The effort wasn't even close. Urban has his players coached up and ready to make plays. They were flying around the field. Ours looked afraid to hit anyone. For the third game this season, our third year starter senior linebacker and defensive captain Jordan Evans was a complete no-show and completely on coast. A pretty clear representation of our coach. Meanwhile, the handful of playmakers we actually have get to watch a bunch of fucking 3* and Juco players play instead because Bob fucking loves his veterans.

If last night showed us anything it's just how far this program has fallen, and how far away they really are from having any chance at winning #8. The moniker "Big Game Bob" has become a joke, or rather the punch line to a joke. Oklahoma, one of the great blue bloods, is now jokingly referred to as Chokelahoma. Those names were not awarded overnight, and it's unacceptable for a program of our caliber. We will not be winning #8 under Bob. The big money donors like @Goldbug deserve better. The students deserve better. The season ticket holders deserve better. Even the fan who spends his hard earned money on a ticket to go to a single game deserves better. I watched what Herman did to us two weeks ago and Petrino did to FSU yesterday at programs that can't hold a candle to the resources available at Oklahoma. Bob has become Mack brown/Frank Beamer/Bobby Bowden. It's time to get someone in here who wakes up every day with only the pursuit of excellence as his goal. This is the difference between Bob and Saban. Saban is driven every single day. He expects excellence from himself first and foremeost. We have a chance right now to go after someone who looks to be cast in that same mold in Tom Herman. But he won't be ripe for the picking long, and those guys don't grow on trees. We have to move now.

David Boren and Joe Castiglione will not do anything about this on their own. They are spineless, and frankly I'm not sure either are really concerned whether OU wins another title during their tenure. Boren is only focused on trying to make us a fucking Harvard of the plains, and frankly I think he is just as pleased with a fucking softball national title as he would be with #8. Both are more concerned with the fact that Bob allows Oklahoma to maintain a squeaky clean image and keeping the money rolling in. That last part is the only language they understand. It's time. It's time to stop writing the checks. It's time to stop buying the season tickets. It's time to stop putting another dime into that program until those two gutless wonders do what needs to be done. It doesn't matter that we've been at opposition regarding the path this program needs to take as recently as last year. We must be of one accord now. We must make our voices heard, and we must do what we say we will do.

I intend to write a letter to both David Boren, and Joe Castiglione expressing these very sentiment, and I may continue to write them on a monthly basis till change is effected. I would appreciate you guys' input (especially @Goldbug since you have both of their ears) and would encourage you all to do the same.

I know, TL;DR, but I needed to write it. Maybe it just comes across like me throwing a tantrum, but I've had my fill.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree and have had the same concerns for years now.
Bob stopped coaching after 2008 and took a multi year vacation.
He has tried to put it back together the last 2 years, but it's obviously too late for him now.
He doesn't have the fire.
He doesn't have the drive.
And he doesn't hire and drive his assistants.

Bob has become Mack brown/Frank Beamer/Bobby Bowden.

I was thinking this same thing before the season even started.
Bob isn't going to go on his own. He'll need to be pushed out.

We got lucky last year that Baylor/TCU/OSU lost their starting QB's or we probably lose all 3 of those games.
Watching us play Clemson is all you need to know about how we play elite teams.

We will continue to lose to every good team we play.
No doubt in my mind.
I have know what Bob was for years now. It's time for everyone else to get on board the "FIRE BOB NOW" BANDWAGON.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We, USC, will take Stoops at this point in the season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree and have had the same concerns for years now.
Bob stopped coaching after 2008 and took a multi year vacation.
He has tried to put it back together the last 2 years, but it's obviously too late for him now.
He doesn't have the fire.
He doesn't have the drive.
And he doesn't hire and drive his assistants.

I was thinking this same thing before the season even started.
Bob isn't going to go on his own. He'll need to be pushed out.

We got lucky last year that Baylor/TCU/OSU lost their starting QB's or we probably lose all 3 of those games.
Watching us play Clemson is all you need to know about how we play elite teams.

We will continue to lose to every good team we play.
No doubt in my mind.
I have know what Bob was for years now. It's time for everyone else to get on board the "FIRE BOB NOW" BANDWAGON.

First move should be to force Bob to fire Mike and see if bob leaves on his own when presented with that.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think I know what Bob will say. The conference title is still wide open for us. Yes he is right but our next loss and it's coming, a change must be made immediately. Coordinators gone starting with mike.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think I know what Bob will say. The conference title is still wide open for us. Yes he is right but our next loss and it's coming, a change must be made immediately. Coordinators gone starting with mike.

Cut the head off.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....sounds like something I've been saying for the last year but now Romeo and others are changing their tune!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....sounds like something I've been saying for the last year but now Romeo and others are changing their tune!

I've said that Bob seems to be turning things around. The first three games this season are proof that it's simply too little too late. Unfortunately, nothing will change until guys like Herman and Petrino are already snapped up.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, I have not been very impressed with Lincoln Riley.
I think the big stage is a little too much for him.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter! It's time to get rid of Bob and his coaches.....start over and rebuild! This team always has lots of 4 star players that he can't get to play.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people in our group were in a horrible mood during the game. It wasn't that anyone was yelling at the screen any more than usual during replays or pointing at the field and griping about what was going on. It was a deathly quiet that set in and nobody was talking. Grim faces, food going uneaten, nobody wanting another drink, people checking phone messages during a game against Ohio State for God's sake! And by the 4th quarter it was obvious that even the Believers in Bob had given up. I bumped into a Regent after the game and told him he was out of his damn mind if he thinks the fans are going to take this @#$% much longer. He didn't want to hear it but there were others around me saying the same thing to him. I don't know what's going to happen. It will take a 1-4 start or a 6-6 season to force a change. The University leaders simply don't want to believe they are wrong about Stoops.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can realistically seen OU going 6-6 this year. I was never really sold on Stoops. Thought he got lucky in 2000 and after seeing the teams play in person in 2001 and 2004 I was sure he would never win another. Honestly, can anybody say he has ever had a defense as good as some Switzer had? Stats don't lie, he hasn't.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can realistically seen OU going 6-6 this year. I was never really sold on Stoops. Thought he got lucky in 2000 and after seeing the teams play in person in 2001 and 2004 I was sure he would never win another. Honestly, can anybody say he has ever had a defense as good as some Switzer had? Stats don't lie, he hasn't.

To be fair the stoops Switzer comparisons aren't apple to apple comparisons. Definitely not giving him a pass, but that's just the truth. Different times. I will say Bob's 2009 defense was something else.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Bob's 2009 defense was something else.
Compared to recently maybe but Wilkinson and Switzer had teams that absolutely shut teams down. Go look at some of the defenses Wilkinson had in the streak. Or Swizer's defenses in the 70s. They just shut teams down. Even by today's standards none of Stoop's teams have come close.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to recently maybe but Wilkinson and Switzer had teams that absolutely shut teams down. Go look at some of the defenses Wilkinson had in the streak. Or Swizer's defenses in the 70s. They just shut teams down. Even by today's standards none of Stoop's teams have come close.

Like I said. They didn't face anything resembling the modern offenses of today. Different times.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. They didn't face anything resembling the modern offenses of today. Different times.
Not that much different, the wishbone and split-T formations were the offenses they faced. Though not hurry up they were the offenses most dreaded by defenses back then. And neither were invented at OU but implemented and defended by OU. Fact is if Bud could defend against the split-T and shut them down and Barry could defend against the wishbone and shut it down (Texas 1971 especially), then Bob needs to develop a defense to shut down today's offenses. I just can't put Bob up there when it comes to defense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that much different, the wishbone and split-T formations were the offenses they faced. Though not hurry up they were the offenses most dreaded by defenses back then. And neither were invented at OU but implemented and defended by OU. Fact is if Bud could defend against the split-T and shut them down and Barry could defend against the wishbone and shut it down (Texas 1971 especially), then Bob needs to develop a defense to shut down today's offenses. I just can't put Bob up there when it comes to defense.

Bob hasn't developed shit in years. I dunno if maybe that's something that could help is him calling the defense again. Lord knows his brother ain't doing it.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob hasn't developed shit in years. I dunno if maybe that's something that could help is him calling the defense again. Lord knows his brother ain't doing it.
Something has to change because I don't care how good the offense is, somewhere along the way you have to have a defense and I just haven't seen one at OU recently.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the last fucking straw. I have given Bob every single opportunity and excuse in the book. We have turned the entire fucking staff over and we still get this shit and it's getting worse. The answer is obvious that the problem is clearly at the top.

I could've tolerated a loss last night. Ohio state has far more talent on their roster than we do. What I simply cannot tolerate is getting absolutely embarrassed in our own fucking house. We didn't just get beat. We got embarrassed. The sooner nation showed up in full force last night, ready to do their part, to do what they could to push the team to win. People paid damn good money to so what turned out to be an absolute embarrassment. I know I did.

Ohio state returned 6, I repeat SIX starters from past years team. The talent gap wasn't even close. The discipline wasn't even close. The effort wasn't even close. Urban has his players coached up and ready to make plays. They were flying around the field. Ours looked afraid to hit anyone. For the third game this season, our third year starter senior linebacker and defensive captain Jordan Evans was a complete no-show and completely on coast. A pretty clear representation of our coach. Meanwhile, the handful of playmakers we actually have get to watch a bunch of fucking 3* and Juco players play instead because Bob fucking loves his veterans.

If last night showed us anything it's just how far this program has fallen, and how far away they really are from having any chance at winning #8. The moniker "Big Game Bob" has become a joke, or rather the punch line to a joke. Oklahoma, one of the great blue bloods, is now jokingly referred to as Chokelahoma. Those names were not awarded overnight, and it's unacceptable for a program of our caliber. We will not be winning #8 under Bob. The big money donors like @Goldbug deserve better. The students deserve better. The season ticket holders deserve better. Even the fan who spends his hard earned money on a ticket to go to a single game deserves better. I watched what Herman did to us two weeks ago and Petrino did to FSU yesterday at programs that can't hold a candle to the resources available at Oklahoma. Bob has become Mack brown/Frank Beamer/Bobby Bowden. It's time to get someone in here who wakes up every day with only the pursuit of excellence as his goal. This is the difference between Bob and Saban. Saban is driven every single day. He expects excellence from himself first and foremeost. We have a chance right now to go after someone who looks to be cast in that same mold in Tom Herman. But he won't be ripe for the picking long, and those guys don't grow on trees. We have to move now.

David Boren and Joe Castiglione will not do anything about this on their own. They are spineless, and frankly I'm not sure either are really concerned whether OU wins another title during their tenure. Boren is only focused on trying to make us a fucking Harvard of the plains, and frankly I think he is just as pleased with a fucking softball national title as he would be with #8. Both are more concerned with the fact that Bob allows Oklahoma to maintain a squeaky clean image and keeping the money rolling in. That last part is the only language they understand. It's time. It's time to stop writing the checks. It's time to stop buying the season tickets. It's time to stop putting another dime into that program until those two gutless wonders do what needs to be done. It doesn't matter that we've been at opposition regarding the path this program needs to take as recently as last year. We must be of one accord now. We must make our voices heard, and we must do what we say we will do.

I intend to write a letter to both David Boren, and Joe Castiglione expressing these very sentiment, and I may continue to write them on a monthly basis till change is effected. I would appreciate you guys' input (especially @Goldbug since you have both of their ears) and would encourage you all to do the same.

I know, TL;DR, but I needed to write it. Maybe it just comes across like me throwing a tantrum, but I've had my fill.

Shit, I'm a Buckeye fan and OP has me fired up with this post!