• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burfict Facing 4 Game Suspension

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tez suspended - A tradition like no other.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeeelp!!!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine that will put a damper on his trade hopes.

He belongs here, obviously.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. 12 games with Burfict is better than none like the Steelers are having to do with Shazier. Of course much different circumstances, but both are difference makers at the LB position is all I was getting at.

Just wish he would stop getting suspended for one reason or another. He is still my favorite player on the field.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a fucking shock. Next you’re gonna tell me Trump is president!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - You can be sure that we're playing the Steelers within the first 4 games. The NFL wants nothing to do with the type of vengeful hit Burfict is going to lay on one of their stars. They'll find a way to suspend him for the second match as well.

Oh.... And I'm not condoning it. But if you really believe Tez is going to let that JuJu hit, celebration, and subsequent touchdown celebration go unpunished, I don't think you've been watching Tez.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - You can be sure that we're playing the Steelers within the first 4 games. The NFL wants nothing to do with the type of vengeful hit Burfict is going to lay on one of their stars. They'll find a way to suspend him for the second match as well.

Oh.... And I'm not condoning it. But if you really believe Tez is going to let that JuJu hit, celebration, and subsequent touchdown celebration go unpunished, I don't think you've been watching Tez.

JuJu better pray that Tez doesn’t play. He’s going to kill him.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He won't last the season.At least,not until he curb stomps Ju Ju.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu is STILL running his mouth:

Hide the children when these two teams play next fall.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual quote from Tobin:

"What over-rides what we do is who can affect games in a positive way for us to win?” Tobin said. “That is really all we think about. That’s all the ownership of our club worries about. How do we put the best football team on the field. You put the best football team on the field by putting the best players on your team. Guys who can affect games.”

It really doesn't matter if you are an asshole. We'll keep you if we think you can play. This has basically been Mike Brown's motto from the beginning.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we draft people so they can sit on the bench for 3 years and play in their final contract year so that other teams can steal them from us as soon as they become useful.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual quote from Tobin:

"What over-rides what we do is who can affect games in a positive way for us to win?” Tobin said. “That is really all we think about. That’s all the ownership of our club worries about. How do we put the best football team on the field. You put the best football team on the field by putting the best players on your team. Guys who can affect games.”

It really doesn't matter if you are an asshole. We'll keep you if we think you can play. This has basically been Mike Brown's motto from the beginning.

Burfict is a class act off the field. He is just insane on the field, and I am completely okay with that. I know the appeal is in on the suspension, but I fully expect it to hold up because it is Burfict. I don't watch the Bengals because they are supposed to be saints. I watch them hoping that my favorite team can win a Superbowl eventually. I am completely okay with us limiting the number of crazy players we have on and off the field, but a small smattering of them like Burfict / Mixon / Jones (when he was here) etc., I am okay with.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict is a class act off the field. He is just insane on the field, and I am completely okay with that. I know the appeal is in on the suspension, but I fully expect it to hold up because it is Burfict. I don't watch the Bengals because they are supposed to be saints. I watch them hoping that my favorite team can win a Superbowl eventually. I am completely okay with us limiting the number of crazy players we have on and off the field, but a small smattering of them like Burfict / Mixon / Jones (when he was here) etc., I am okay with.

072616-lewis-brown-media-lunch.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW -- The appeal won't work and its not just because its Burfict. The NFL never reconsiders drug related appeals. I think PFT says it's only happened once or twice. This is different than the appeals over hits - Then it matters who you are.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even know what drug he was banned for yet? Was it a performance enhancement drug? Recreational drug? Was it inside some kind of medicine prescribed to him that he was not aware of like Volquez got hit with a few years ago when him and his wife were trying to have a baby? I mean, I am just curious as to what the banned substance was for.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, I was able to find it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported the news Friday and noted the ban is pending an appeal. Schefter noted that "Burfict's appeal will center around the fact that he was on prescribed medication for the concussion he suffered on a hit from Steelers' wide receiver Ju-Ju Smith Schuster on Dec. 4 and that he suffered a Grade 3 shoulder AC sprain during the Detroit Lions game on Dec. 24 and was on prescribed medications for this injury as well, per another source."

While I think this is upheld, I see it as a trivial issue. He is not on recreational drugs, he was not shooting up with steroids, etc. This doesn't make him a bad person. He is questionable inside the lines, but I see this as a non-issue going forward.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it humorously ironic when the Bengals’ FO boasts about their “win first” philosophies. Considering how little winning the team actually does.

There’s still a portion of the fanbase that worships Bengals leadership over those 5 straight Wild Card embarrassments though. There will always be a flock for Mike Brown to shepherd into the turnstiles of PBS.