• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls Draft McDermott

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Denver drafted him but then traded him to the Bulls for the 16th and 19th.

Great move by the Bulls. They get a guy that can score and plays a little of D. Plus they save money by trading both picks. I love this move and happy to see this. He will be a nice bench player next year for us. He can also create his own shot. He is a good basketball player. Oh yeah he can hit the 3.

Very happy with this pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great move by the Bulls. They get a guy that can score and plays a little of D. Plus they save money by trading both picks. I love this move and happy to see this. He will be a nice bench player next year for us. He can also create his own shot. He is a good basketball player. Oh yeah he can hit the 3.

A 6'8 shooter from the draft? He was a big scorer in college as well. Honestly, I think his floor is MDJ, who he will probably be replacing. If we get Melo and Mirotic this summer, I think it will be a big success. However, that's a big if.

The draft was never garpax's problem. It has been attracting quality free agents.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwWxfkTEI0

Good fit for the Bulls. Smart and a great scorer but he become one of those all time great college players that turn into a bust or a no name. Things I'm not worried about is that he can shoot the 3 and will still be able to shoot the 3. He's a smart player, hard worker, and he improves every year when he was in college. The question is will he be able to score on NBA players. He got the moves down put he doesn't have the strenght.

But this is a good move by the Bulls. He's a scocer which the Bulls are in need of and he can spread the floor for Rose. He's what we wanted from K. Love without giving up Gibson or Butler.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is did this clear some cap space or not? Anthony Randolph makes 1.75 mil next yr

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know man, you traded for a lottery pick, I dont think you should plan on him being a bench guy. Lottery picks should have a shot at starting, but if your target is carmello or james, why trade for another 3 that is gonna ride the bench behind them? This team absolutely needed a point guard.

My question is did this clear some cap space or not? Anthony Randolph makes 1.75 mil next yr

http://basketball.******.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

thats last years scale. all number go up 20% each year.

11 pick slot was 1.87 million
16 was 1.419 and 19 was 1.223

so would have paid 2.642 for 2 players now its 1.87+1.75 so I would say no.

Harris could have been a nice pick.

(astericks are real General Manager if you want to see the scale. I didnt add 20% either.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does clear cap space.

What I like about this pick is he has good size, He isn't just a 3pt shooter. He can create his own shot and he plays a little D. A lot of people are saying he is compared to Wally Szczerbiak. If that what he turns out to be I will be ok with that. Remember we don't need him to become a super star. Just a nice role player that can start every once in awhile in case some one gets hurt. He will be a nice 6th man for this team.

Bulls are not done this offseason. Bulls will trade MDJ and get rid of Boozer and drop Randolph. Hope they resign DJ and get rid of Hinrich.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying this for awhile but I think Bulls strike out with Melo or LBJ and we end up with Lance. Then we would have to sign a back up PF.

If we sign Melo SF position is full. Melo, Snell, McDermott, even Butler(he isn't a true SG yet).

What does this pick mean for Snell.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think McDermott wins Rookie of the Year next year. Guy is far and away the most NBA ready player in the draft. Best scorer in the draft, I think he is the best shooter in the draft, if you guard him with a smaller guy he can eat you up in the post and if you guard him with a bigger guy he will take you outside and crush you. Great fundamentally, great passer, solid rebounder and VERY underrated defender. Ig I had been picking last night McDermott would have been the 3rd pick in the draft behind Parker and Embiid. Kid is the real real deal.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Parker doesn't win rookie of the yr. the bucks have nothing

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Parker doesn't win rookie of the yr. the bucks have nothing

I LOVE Parker and he would have been my number 1 pick but I think the Bulls do some serious damage next year and McDermott will be a HUGE part of that so I think he wins it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think McDermott wins Rookie of the Year next year. Guy is far and away the most NBA ready player in the draft. Best scorer in the draft, I think he is the best shooter in the draft, if you guard him with a smaller guy he can eat you up in the post and if you guard him with a bigger guy he will take you outside and crush you. Great fundamentally, great passer, solid rebounder and VERY underrated defender. Ig I had been picking last night McDermott would have been the 3rd pick in the draft behind Parker and Embiid. Kid is the real real deal.

Are you saying this with him coming off the bench? Paxson has been stalking this kid for 4 years now, I really dont think he is pushing to have him play a few minutes off the bench because that would lose some votes for rookie of the year if he just plays when melo is off. He is really only 6'6, not 6'8 so maybe he gets more time at the 2, but nobody seems to have him as a SG.

It was a great comment yesterday when they said they can amnesty boozer, but REINSDORF STILL HAS TO PAY HIM AND NONE OF THE EXPERTS THERE SEE THAT HAPPENING. To me they are gonna appease the fans by making an offer but expect not to sign anybody. I dont think they even like Stephensons play that much. That was a really selfish Pacer team.

I think they try to trade boozer and dunleavy. Snell is a 2, dont know why McBuckets would have any impact on Butlers backup.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying this with him coming off the bench? Paxson has been stalking this kid for 4 years now, I really dont think he is pushing to have him play a few minutes off the bench because that would lose some votes for rookie of the year if he just plays when melo is off. He is really only 6'6, not 6'8 so maybe he gets more time at the 2, but nobody seems to have him as a SG.

It was a great comment yesterday when they said they can amnesty boozer, but REINSDORF STILL HAS TO PAY HIM AND NONE OF THE EXPERTS THERE SEE THAT HAPPENING. To me they are gonna appease the fans by making an offer but expect not to sign anybody. I dont think they even like Stephensons play that much. That was a really selfish Pacer team.

I think they try to trade boozer and dunleavy. Snell is a 2, dont know why McBuckets would have any impact on Butlers backup.

I cant see anyway he comes off the bench at least not the majority of the year. The guy will come in and be your second best offensive player from the jump ( and thats if Rose comes back 100%). I think McDermott is a 20/8/5 guy all day long and right away too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE the pick. McDermott might not be the scorer he was in college, but is absolutely love his ability to shot, his post moves, and his dirk like step back fade away. If we get Melo, this pick is going to look even better. With other teams best defenders assigned to Rose and Melo, I think McD get some big buckets for us. I don't know if this was brought up before, but McD impressed Thibs when at the Team USA practices. If he can impress against some of the most athletic and skilled players of the NBA he should be able to create a niche for himself on this team. I also think we already have our back up pg in jimmer if he is resigned. A team with Melo, Rose, McD, Snell, Mirotic, and Jimmer has plenty of shooting to create spacing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see anyway he comes off the bench at least not the majority of the year. The guy will come in and be your second best offensive player from the jump ( and thats if Rose comes back 100%). I think McDermott is a 20/8/5 guy all day long and right away too.

I agree, Gar sees him playing mostly three and some 4 when the other teams go small. I just dont get the sheeple loving this pick but saying we are still getting carmello. If carmello is here, this guy is on the bench, pretty much cut and dry. Melo is not playing the 2 or the 4, he is a 3. McBucketts here has been stalked by Pax since high school. I dont think there is any confidence in the front office we get melo, mainly because they know reinsdorf wont sign off on the 16.8 million amnesty. If boozer was gonna be traded it would have happened draft day. nobody wanted him. To me, getting mc buckets will not even bring a max offer to melo. new york reportedly will offer him the 130 million and are trying to get gasol for 4.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6th man is like a starter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE the pick. McDermott might not be the scorer he was in college, but is absolutely love his ability to shot, his post moves, and his dirk like step back fade away. If we get Melo, this pick is going to look even better. With other teams best defenders assigned to Rose and Melo, I think McD get some big buckets for us. I don't know if this was brought up before, but McD impressed Thibs when at the Team USA practices. If he can impress against some of the most athletic and skilled players of the NBA he should be able to create a niche for himself on this team. I also think we already have our back up pg in jimmer if he is resigned. A team with Melo, Rose, McD, Snell, Mirotic, and Jimmer has plenty of shooting to create spacing.

Thats whats great about this pick. He isn't just a shooter. He can Post and he can create his own shot. I really think some GM missed on him because some were comparing him Adam Morrison but I don't see Adam in him. Adam was just a pure shooter. This kid is a basketball player. I agree with some that say he is like Wally with a better ceiling. Im happy with that type of player. People forget wally was a really really good role player for awhile.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th man is like a starter.

When your first substitution is for a guy that plays his position. You really believe Melo is gonna be the first one to the bench?

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your first substitution is for a guy that plays his position. You really believe Melo is gonna be the first one to the bench?

Idk, I can see melo and mcd playing at the same time A LOT. They both are bigger small forwards who can moonlight at PF.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch mcbuckets the more I like the pick. People compare him to wall szerbiak and Adam Morrison are kidding themselves. The dude is closer to Larry Bird (I'm not saying he's the next Larry bird. I'm not comparing him to Larry bird. I'm just saying he's closer to Larry than the aforementioned scrubs.) McDermott can get buckets ANYWHERE on the court and he's much more athletic than people give him credit. I'm excited to see him and Mirotic play.