• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I never watched this show. But I have decided to finally do it.

I am about 3 or 4 eps in, and it is VERY dated. But dayum, SMG was an incredible piece of ass. As a 40 year old, she I saw still hot, but she NEEDS to have work done to her nose. As a teen, she still had the nose, but it was not as prodominantly awful as it has become.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She lost so much weight going into S2, SMG lost a good deal of her hotness. And her nose became much more prominent with the weight loss.

Regardless. Solid show. Stupid, but smart.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch until around 2010 so I was really late to that. I really liked it. Some seasons are better than others but I think the whole thing was very good.
After not liking Angel on that show, I was surprised to find I thought his shoe was good too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch until around 2010 so I was really late to that. I really liked it. Some seasons are better than others but I think the whole thing was very good.
After not liking Angel on that show, I was surprised to find I thought his shoe was good too.
I watched Angel in reruns somewhere along the way (forget when), and I really liked it. But since I didn’t watch Buffy, I was lost when there were crossovers. I think I will rewatch Angel as well so I can better understand the crossovers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong buffy. Even Whedon has distanced himself from that version.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I never watched this show. But I have decided to finally do it.

I am about 3 or 4 eps in, and it is VERY dated. But dayum, SMG was an incredible piece of ass. As a 40 year old, she I saw still hot, but she NEEDS to have work done to her nose. As a teen, she still had the nose, but it was not as prodominantly awful as it has become.
I was going to start a thread about the new show for Fall 17 and if anything new was worth watching, if you're going back that far to find a show, I imagine there is not.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it.

Wow, what a ride.

GREAT show, even if the acting, budget and SFX were laughably bad. And the remastered version (I think that is the only way you can find it nowadays) was done very badly. There were too many scenes to count where you could see crew on the edge of the screen (one scene in particular, the guys carrying the big shade screen were clearly visible. It was actually quite funny). They must not have checked their work after adjusting the screen ratios. Very sloppy.

But there was amazing writing. The episode where the demons took everyone’s ability to talk was amazing. The episode “Body” was one of the best episodes of any show ever. I cant stand musicals, so that episode did nothing for me, but it has a good rep, so I will assume I didn’t like just because of the genre.

And the universe that was created is quite rich. The last season, while a major deviation from the majority of the rest of the show, was very strong in its universe building. I look forward to reading at least some of the comics. It is my understanding that the first few comic “seasons” are considered full canon.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show for most seasons. Witty, well written and intelligent.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffy is one of the greatest TV shows of all time, and this not a hyperbole statement! It's one of those shows I get hard-core into for a couple months until it wanes off for a couple years then something sparks my re-interest and I get hooked all over again. This is one of those times.

Due to its campy name and being labeled as a show for teenage girls it doesn't get the exaltation it deserves but looking past that it is ripe with metaphors for adolescence, addiction, existentialism, grief, loniless, abusive relationships, redemption, etc, etc.

And it has some genuine scary and simultaneously groundbreaking episodes. Hush, which was a Whedon's response to Buffy being over reliant on witty dialog was almost entirely silent and is one of the best episodes in the shows run. Obviously this video has spoilers but if your own the fence give it a go. Once you get the past the first season, which isn't to bad but is the weakest of the show, you will become obsessed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first couple seasons were in the time period where the world was flipping on its head technology-wise. It is interesting watching the show progress through that time period.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost a time capsule of the world right before the internet and mobiles. Instead of reading books to find out how to defeat the monster they would just Google it nowadays. And how would cell videos affect the story lines? No way the show could take place in the shadows because every monster would be filmed for the whole world to see which would drastically alter the show and the Scoobys way of battling them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn guys.... i popped into this thread thinking that you guys were here to say that there was going to be a continuation or a reboot... i tried reading the comics, but never got into them, but there was a conitnuation AFTER the show ended...

I would like to see an EVIL slayer arc... Where Buffy and the team fight an army of chosen ones...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn guys.... i popped into this thread thinking that you guys were here to say that there was going to be a continuation or a reboot... i tried reading the comics, but never got into them, but there was a conitnuation AFTER the show ended...

I would like to see an EVIL slayer arc... Where Buffy and the team fight an army of chosen ones...
They kinda did that with Faith. But Faith never went “full retard”, and she was never the primary season-long baddie, which I think is what you are proposing.

As for the post-show comics, I read a few “seasons” of both Buffy and Angel. The stories were a bit contrived and didn’t grab me. I think I only read 1 season on Angel and I think I MIGHT have finished 2 seasons of Buffy.

One gripe I had was that the Wolfram takeover/invasion/Apocalypse that happened in Angel never leaked over into Buffy. How is that even possible?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kinda did that with Faith. But Faith never went “full retard”, and she was never the primary season-long baddie, which I think is what you are proposing.

As for the post-show comics, I read a few “seasons” of both Buffy and Angel. The stories were a bit contrived and didn’t grab me. I think I only read 1 season on Angel and I think I MIGHT have finished 2 seasons of Buffy.

One gripe I had was that the Wolfram takeover/invasion/Apocalypse that happened in Angel never leaked over into Buffy. How is that even possible?

yea.. since the final episodes created MANY slayers... they could have an evil army... or even if you want to make it more "REALSITIC" a team of slayers who kill monsters no matter what, even if they are good ones... and the Buffy team stops them...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea.. since the final episodes created MANY slayers... they could have an evil army... or even if you want to make it more "REALSITIC" a team of slayers who kill monsters no matter what, even if they are good ones... and the Buffy team stops them...
In the comics, the Scoobies become a para-military organization working with the Watchers and they have open relations with many demons (witches, wolves, some vamps, etc) and Xander actually is given the rank of General.

And if I remember correctly, Faith went kinda bonkers because Slayers were genetically/magically/whatever supposed to be solo, so the existence of other Slayers messed with them psychologically. When that barrier was broken and all potential Slayers were activated, Faith worked with the Scoobies to address that that psychological problem. But it is totally possible that one or more Slayers were broken too badly, or just didn’t care and decided to go their own route. Again, I THINK they had some baddie (future) Slayers that went that route…

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saw the movie but never watched the series.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the comics, the Scoobies become a para-military organization working with the Watchers and they have open relations with many demons (witches, wolves, some vamps, etc) and Xander actually is given the rank of General.

And if I remember correctly, Faith went kinda bonkers because Slayers were genetically/magically/whatever supposed to be solo, so the existence of other Slayers messed with them psychologically. When that barrier was broken and all potential Slayers were activated, Faith worked with the Scoobies to address that that psychological problem. But it is totally possible that one or more Slayers were broken too badly, or just didn’t care and decided to go their own route. Again, I THINK they had some baddie (future) Slayers that went that route…

how about a Buffy and Supernatural crossover!!!