• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buddy Hield

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Buddy Hield over Ben Simmons any day.

Why? Well for starters Buddy Hield is in the Final Four and made the NCAA tournament. Comes from a much tougher conference and helped his team produce the overall record they had. Is mature.

Ben Simmons, did LSU even make the NIT?????????? Much weaker conference. Basketball is the one sport where a dominant player can really give a team success. At the very least, if Simmons was as good as hyped, they SHOULD have made the NCAA tournament.

Simmons is a potential freak. Kid is 4 years younger

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you did with the real OD, OP, but I fully expect you to be in true 'oregon just lost' form come CFB season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Buddy Hield over Ben Simmons any day.

Why? Well for starters Buddy Hield is in the Final Four and made the NCAA tournament. Comes from a much tougher conference and helped his team produce the overall record they had. Is mature.

Ben Simmons, did LSU even make the NIT?????????? Much weaker conference. Basketball is the one sport where a dominant player can really give a team success. At the very least, if Simmons was as good as hyped, they SHOULD have made the NCAA tournament.
That's ludicrous. Passing on a rare talent like Simmons is insane...

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you did with the real OD, OP, but I fully expect you to be in true 'oregon just lost' form come CFB season.

His "Oregon is Faster" user title is my favorite part about his posts.

weird part about LSU is that the talent surrounding Simmons isn't all that bad. Just absolutely clown coaching from Johnny Jones.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird part about LSU is that the talent surrounding Simmons isn't all that bad. Just absolutely clown coaching from Johnny Jones.

Agreed. Not only is Simmons younger, he's a better passer, better defender, better rebounder, and has done it all with a dooty coach. Lon Kruger's impact on the development of Hield cannot be overlooked one bit.

There's not an NBA mind out there who would consider Hield over Simmons.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the $$$ difference between #3 and #10?

Irregardless, in this case it definitely has benefited the young man to stay for his final year, and it could possibly benefit the team with the achieving the goal. This is what collegiate sports is all about gentlemen...

yep, he was smart enough to stay another year to help himself and his team, whether some want to admit it, or not.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield is a great player. But he's undersized for a SG at the next level. If he can put the ball on the floor and attack the basket he'll be a great NBA player with his shooting range.

That said, he's pretty much a late lottery pick if at all. Only the top 3 picks are lottery picks now, the rest of the top 14 are weighted. There's pretty much no chance he's drafted top 3. Top 10 most likely.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the $$$ difference between #3 and #10?

Irregardless, in this case it definitely has benefited the young man to stay for his final year, and it could possibly benefit the team with the achieving the goal. This is what collegiate sports is all about gentlemen...

It's actually pretty substantial. About 2.1 million per year.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sorry to ruffle so many feathers. Top 3 is out of the question. Fuck I'm stupid.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sorry to ruffle so many feathers. Top 3 is out of the question. Fuck I'm stupid.

I know most will take Ben Simmons over him......but I'm not overly impressed with Simmons. Basketball is definitely a sport where one player can make a team great. Ben didn't do ANYTHING for LSU but lose. He's talented but he isn't going to carry a team. He may GROW into that, but Hield is a ready made player.

I guess I'm different. I don't draft guys on potential, I like guys that showcase talent and are ready to come in and play. I think Hield is a guy that can come in and immediately help a team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simmons and Ingram will go 1/2 and Jaylon Brown is probably next in line. There are a couple foreign players projected to go top 5. I'd say Hield will go anywhere from 6-9.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield is a great player who really came into his own this season. I suspect that Seth Curry has paved the way for him as before Curry came along, the notion that a small but great shooter could be MVP had disappeared long ago. If Heild can continue to shoot 3's like that in the pros, he has a chance to be a more productive player than Simmons. That said, IMO, the smart money takes Simmons because he is so young and should improve across the board to where he will be an impact player on both the offensive and defensive boards along with excellent shooting. Both Hield and Simmons are great in transition.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield is a great player who really came into his own this season. I suspect that Seth Curry has paved the way for him as before Curry came along, the notion that a small but great shooter could be MVP had disappeared long ago. If Heild can continue to shoot 3's like that in the pros, he has a chance to be a more productive player than Simmons. That said, IMO, the smart money takes Simmons because he is so young and should improve across the board to where he will be an impact player on both the offensive and defensive boards along with excellent shooting. Both Hield and Simmons are great in transition.

Curry is just amazing. I would not base anything off of him. Its just the draft, you dont take the best basketball player first. YOu take the basketball player with the highest potential. Freaks go first.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is just amazing. I would not base anything off of him. Its just the draft, you dont take the best basketball player first. YOu take the basketball player with the highest potential. Freaks go first.

No doubt about Curry. I just saying that Hield might get a better look because he has the potential to be a great outside shooter. I think I already stated that I thought Simmons would go first. I'm also saying that every team in the pros are now looking for the "second coming" of Steph Curry and Hield just might be that guy, therefore teams are going to take a hard look.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Heild was absolutely insane from long range on Saturday. IF he can polish that skill and continue to get good looks in the pros he will be an asset many NBA teams will covet. I don't think he will go top 3 I'm thinking 5-7 range. Either way he made himself a LOT of money by staying in college for the extra year, 2nd round and top 10 salaries are worlds apart.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He returned because the NBA gave him a second round grade. It's a nice story, but one he would not have chosen if he had the choice.

Fuck ou but those grapes are sour. Irritating that it's a rival but it's refreshing to see a kid develop into a POTY with his backstory.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck ou but those grapes are sour. Irritating that it's a rival but it's refreshing to see a kid develop into a POTY with his backstory.

Its just a fact. The truth shall set you free, my brother

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I think teams go wrong in drafting.

Unless you KNOW you can develop potential, it's pretty meaningless. I look for talent.....skills that will translate as soon as possible.

Take the draft when Greg Oden was drafted over Kevin Durant. Durant no question was more talented. Oden was just.....BIG. But that size doesn't really mean much if you have no other talent. Oden had no post moves, no shot, not even great defense. He was just bigger than any other players. Hell even Shawn Bradley got drafted PURELY on size......

Hield is a ready made player. ALL he needs is stronger handles to get to the rim.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good 1 for sure, looking forward to seeing him in the pros.