• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs to Sign Vinny Curry

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing. 3 years/$27M.... Curry is not that bad, Eagles just had such ridiculous D-Line depth last year that he didn't see as many snaps. Only 642 in total while Michael Bennett (the replacement) saw nearly 950... so the stats Curry put up I think are not too far off. IMO Bennett is a worse replacement for Curry more than Eagles fans think, not to mention Bennett has far more wear and tear and is 2.5 years older. IMO Bennett is a downgrade from Curry who was 4 points lower on PFF not to mention the aforementioned age/wear, but I'm sure Eagles fans will flip out and claim I'm bitter and don't know what I'm talking about... :rolleyes2:

Anyway, enough of humbling Eagles fans, it's a solid signing for the Bucs. $9M is not that much and a team like the Bucs are going to have to pay a bit of a premium. I think Curry will produce solid in Tampa and he'll only be 30.

B+ grade. Grade in the As would've warranted a sub $25M contract.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is a bit of a DE/DT tweener. His best year sack-wise was in 2014 when he was inside and had 9 sacks. But last year may have been his best overall season, even though he only sacked the QB 3 times. He is a good player who along with Beau Allen will solidify the Bucs' line. It just seems they overpaid for both.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing. 3 years/$27M.... Curry is not that bad, Eagles just had such ridiculous D-Line depth last year that he didn't see as many snaps. Only 642 in total while Michael Bennett (the replacement) saw nearly 950... so the stats Curry put up I think are not too far off. IMO Bennett is a worse replacement for Curry more than Eagles fans think, not to mention Bennett has far more wear and tear and is 2.5 years older. IMO Bennett is a downgrade from Curry who was 4 points lower on PFF not to mention the aforementioned age/wear, but I'm sure Eagles fans will flip out and claim I'm bitter and don't know what I'm talking about... :rolleyes2:

Anyway, enough of humbling Eagles fans, it's a solid signing for the Bucs. $9M is not that much and a team like the Bucs are going to have to pay a bit of a premium. I think Curry will produce solid in Tampa and he'll only be 30.

B+ grade. Grade in the As would've warranted a sub $25M contract.

It depends on the team and perspective...
1. I think for Tampa Curry is better cause he is younger then Bennett and they need a lead DE who had less years and less wear and tear.
2. I think Bennett is better for Philly because Derek Barnett will now start in place of Curry and Bennet will come in to play DT on passing downs and have to play a lot less snap. Maybe not even half as many as last year.
3. Lastly, no way, no how is Curry better than Bennett. Never was, never will be.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still new enough around here that i have never experienced an nfl offseason on this site, and I'm noticing that every thread is made by the same poster. Is it by design or are you just Ian Rappoport's SportsHoopla profile?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still new enough around here that i have never experienced an nfl offseason on this site, and I'm noticing that every thread is made by the same poster. Is it by design or are you just Ian Rappoport's SportsHoopla profile?
No and no. Just doing it to keep content on the NFL board until the draft gets closer

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the NFL went through about 103 pages or so of content in the past year.

Pages 1-103, 2017 of march- present

Last edited: