• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buckeye Recruiting '17

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this board is dead. Well, here is my bold prediction for our next commitment and it's a huge one. The Buckeyes just had a decommitment from one of our OLB tonight, which means a couple of things here. The first one would mean that Urban has a silent commit in the making or they have a pretty good idea that they know one of the vets is coming back for another year? My guess is that they will get both Baron Browning and Pete Werner. In fact, the crystal ball the past 2 weeks had Browning as a lock to Bama. However, after the Buckeyes game last weekend over meatchicken, Browning was not sure about his decision afer he was ready to announce. My bold prediction is Browning will announce soon and it will be TOSU. Urban was at the Browning's residence in Texas tonight, and shortly after Simmons decommited from OSU. What a huge upgrade for our defense if we get both Okudah and Browning.

Boom goes the dynamite

What the Commitment of Baron Browning Means for Ohio State's 2017 Recruiting Class

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this board is dead. Well, here is my bold prediction for our next commitment and it's a huge one. The Buckeyes just had a decommitment from one of our OLB tonight, which means a couple of things here. The first one would mean that Urban has a silent commit in the making or they have a pretty good idea that they know one of the vets is coming back for another year? My guess is that they will get both Baron Browning and Pete Werner. In fact, the crystal ball the past 2 weeks had Browning as a lock to Bama. However, after the Buckeyes game last weekend over meatchicken, Browning was not sure about his decision afer he was ready to announce. My bold prediction is Browning will announce soon and it will be TOSU. Urban was at the Browning's residence in Texas tonight, and shortly after Simmons decommited from OSU. What a huge upgrade for our defense if we get both Okudah and Browning.
Wow, I nailed this on the spot and this coming on Wednesday.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting Browning. Maybe this means OSU and Michigan can actually compete for Bama's targets from here on out. We are going after a lot of Bama's targets as we speak.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting Browning. Maybe this means OSU and Michigan can actually compete for Bama's targets from here on out. We are going after a lot of Bama's targets as we speak.

Guess the Buckeyes can sorta thank Michigan a little on this one. Browning was pretty heavily predicted as Bama but then he came to The Game. Thanks for making it an exciting one!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Buckeyes can sorta thank Michigan a little on this one. Browning was pretty heavily predicted as Bama but then he came to The Game. Thanks for making it an exciting one!
Harbaugh seems to be mainly banking on those Offensive Linemen starting with Wilson. That seems to be where he wants to build his offense from. Stanford started becoming great the moment they got their own Offensive Linemen class. Austin Deculus could also flip somewhere if Orgeron abandons the pro-style at LSU.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh seems to be mainly banking on those Offensive Linemen starting with Wilson. That seems to be where he wants to build his offense from. Stanford started becoming great the moment they got their own Offensive Linemen class. Austin Deculus could also flip somewhere if Orgeron abandons the pro-style at LSU.

The trenches are where great programs are built, spread or no spread. You wonder about Bama's success? Look at their offensive and defensive lines

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all played out as perfectly as it possibly could. Losing to PSU, scUM losing to Iowa (thanks you Iowa), and then losing to us while they were ranked 3. This will lock us into a playoff spot w/o playing for a conference title (let the bitching begin), and so our coaching staff can take timwe this week and close the deal on some recruits.This helps scUM as well as far as recruiting goes.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okudah set to announce at the Army All American game. Final 3 is Oklahoma, Florida State, and Ohio State. His official visits were Florida State losing to Clemson, Oklahoma losing to the Buckeyes, and the Buckeyes beating Michigan. I like our chances

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okudah set to announce at the Army All American game. Final 3 is Oklahoma, Florida State, and Ohio State. His official visits were Florida State losing to Clemson, Oklahoma losing to the Buckeyes, and the Buckeyes beating Michigan. I like our chances
Okudah is a lock, but also I think we will get Marvin Wilson, Tre Smth, 4* LB Werner (who reminds me of a lot of James Laurinitis), possibly Cam Akers, and a surprise?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest on the recruiting update as of an hour ago. LB Werner is a Buckeye, excellent telent and reminds me a bit between a James Lauranitis and a Sean Lee type LB. Also, Coombs and Meyer are up in scUM for a in home visit with DPJ.. This is going to get interesting because I thought he was a guarantee lock for that team up north? I wonder if Harbaugh's whiny and bitching kind of rubbed things off for him? Sean Wade will give his official announcement tomorrow whether he remains with us or he flips? I think he will stay with us? Finally, 5* Darnay Holmes ha been linked to us recently. Can you imagine that secondary of Holmes, Wade, Browning, and Okudah 2-3 years from now? Holy hell folks!

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013 what do you think our chances are for DPJ? As of last weak I was thinking no way in hell but apparently that last ditch effort made quite the impression. I'd still say 25% tops and won't be at all upset of he goes elsewhere but man could you imagine the scUM meltdown if he picked us?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013 what do you think our chances are for DPJ? As of last weak I was thinking no way in hell but apparently that last ditch effort made quite the impression. I'd still say 25% tops and won't be at all upset of he goes elsewhere but man could you imagine the scUM meltdown if he picked us?
I still think he will end up in AA, but I must admit that Coombs is going to go all in to pull off the possible upset. Something must have happened in order for the entire coaching staff to fly up into Michigan during a major snow storm. We had the last in home visit with him. It wouldn't shock me if he committed to us.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more likely we will be getting Darnay Holmes. Holy shit we may be the "CB University", Wade, Okudah, and Holmes? Geez, that is flat out nasty and to top it off with possibly Marvin Wilson? What a class.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he will end up in AA, but I must admit that Coombs is going to go all in to pull off the possible upset. Something must have happened in order for the entire coaching staff to fly up into Michigan during a major snow storm. We had the last in home visit with him. It wouldn't shock me if he committed to us.

We'll know for certain tomorrow, I guess

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know for certain tomorrow, I guess
I'm wondering how we can fit all of these stud WRs on our scholarships? Not to mention our WRs depth chart is big and filled with 4 and 5* recruits. This class alone we have Lindsey, Grimes, and I thought Harris? And we still have the studs from the previous class in Victor and Mack.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how we can fit all of these stud WRs on our scholarships? Not to mention our WRs depth chart is big and filled with 4 and 5* recruits. This class alone we have Lindsey, Grimes, and I thought Harris? And we still have the studs from the previous class in Victor and Mack.

Its why I said I won't be upset if he chooses somewhere else. We have plenty of young talent at WR, but you don't tell a talent like DPJ no if you might have a shot

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its why I said I won't be upset if he chooses somewhere else. We have plenty of young talent at WR, but you don't tell a talent like DPJ no if you might have a shot
Urban Meyer can always upgrade and he is a master at utilizing the talent he has, hence Curtis Samuel. If he can land a stud like DPJ, he will get him in. Not to mention DPJ is a very intelligent young man. His main focus is on academics. I admire him for this. A good character guy like this is who I would always make room for on the roster.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPJ going to Michigan is fine, I'm not really worried about anyone Michigan recruits with the type of talent we have coming in (Especially at DB)

I think we finish with Okudah, Holmes (who is looking better and better each day for us) and maybe 3 or 4 more. A DT and OL likely. I wouldnt be shocked to see a under the radar in state kid get picked up late either, like Malik Harrison last year

which makes for a pretty damn insane class.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty sad that this board is dead and with as many Buckeye fans on the hoop, this is disappointing. This '17 class is amazing and for some reason, not landing Wilson doesn't change that. He would have been a great pickup, but we have 2 guys to fill the hole at DT in this class already. Urbs and the rest of the coaching staff deserve major kudos for the hard work. Larry Johnson will get his elite DT in the near future. lol,, poor guy.