• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucket List

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a bucket list of guns they want to try?

So far I have tried the following:

M1-Garrand
AK-47
M-16 (a1 and a2)
Combat Shotgun
9mm
M60
AT4
M4A1
M1A1 Carbine

I would like to try:

Mosin-Nagant
Thompson Machine Gun
Mg-48
STG44 (Sturmgewehr)
Panzerfaust

That's the short list for now.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David McKay Brown round action SxS 12 GA shotgun

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M1-Garrand check
AK-47 check (own one)
M-16 (a1 and a2) check
Combat Shotgun check
9mm check
M60 Had the chance but the guy who owned it was kinda a jerk so I passed.
AT4 Not a gun
M4A1 Any AR15 will do
M1A1 Carbine check

I would like to try:

Mosin-Nagant check
Thompson Machine Gun check
Mg-48 Nope
STG44 (Sturmgewehr) Nope
Panzerfaust Not a gun

That is all :P

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M1-Garrand
AK-47
M-16 (a1 and a2)
Combat Shotgun
9mm
M60
AT4
M4A1
M1A1 Carbine

I would like to try:

Mosin-Nagant
Thompson Machine Gun
Mg-48
STG44 (Sturmgewehr)
Panzerfaust

Not necessarily a bucket list of things I'd like to shoot - but definitely ones I'd like to own. If I could, I'd like to make a display of most major military firearms of the past like 150-200 years. Start with a civil war musket and go all the way up to the M16. I wouldn't mind the civilian versions in some case to avoid costs.

Some specific guns I'd love to shoot:

The BAR - probably one of my favorite weapons of all time
A Swiss straight pull rifle
Springfield trapdoor
and and 50bmg

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a hunter and sporting shotgun enthusiast, so my choice would more than likely reflect this. I buy and sell long guns often and have had the privilege of owning many of the firearms on my bucket list, at list for a while. This isn't because I have unlimited funds mine you, but because most of them are working men classics like Winchester model 12's and 52's.

Right now I'm about half way to paying off my current dream gun, a Merkel 1620 with an English stock. Now if money were no object then I would be shooting Krieghoff's.

1. K80
2. Essencia Boxlock 16 gauge

Total price for this dream is about a cool $50,000, so its possible in this life.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go wrong with a Browning and that BAR was an excellent WWII rifle if ya wanted to lug it around the countryside with ya.

I too would like to try a BAR on for size...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go wrong with a Browning and that BAR was an excellent WWII rifle if ya wanted to lug it around the countryside with ya.

I too would like to try a BAR on for size...

I certainly wouldn't want to carry that around the countryside lol. I'd take the Garand or the Thompson over that. Heck, I'd probably even take a 1903 Springfield or even the m1 carbine. The BAR is just far too heavy. The damn this was almost 16lbs ------ SIXTEEN lol. That's almost twice the weight of the Garand. The benefits of it vs. the Garand are pretty minimal. But I'd love to shot a fully auto one, one day I'd like to own a reproduction semi-auto.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a hunter and sporting shotgun enthusiast, so my choice would more than likely reflect this. I buy and sell long guns often and have had the privilege of owning many of the firearms on my bucket list, at list for a while. This isn't because I have unlimited funds mine you, but because most of them are working men classics like Winchester model 12's and 52's.

Right now I'm about half way to paying off my current dream gun, a Merkel 1620 with an English stock. Now if money were no object then I would be shooting Krieghoff's.

1. K80
2. Essencia Boxlock 16 gauge

Total price for this dream is about a cool $50,000, so its possible in this life.

Essencia Boxlock, now that is a beautiful gun. The heat treated metal on that is just gorgeous.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essencia Boxlock, now that is a beautiful gun. The heat treated metal on that is just gorgeous.

Nothing against the Essencia I've had a few in my hands its a lovely SxS shotgun. The best one I had my hands on was a 20 GA with 30" barrels. You all need to check out the Scottish round actions guns IMO the David McKay Brown round actions the finest you'll ever see. His website is

www.mckaybrown.com

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the Essencia I've had a few in my hands its a lovely SxS shotgun. The best one I had my hands on was a 20 GA with 30" barrels. You all need to check out the Scottish round actions guns IMO the David McKay Brown round actions the finest you'll ever see. His website is

www.mckaybrown.com

Nice...

His work is incredible. Just no way I could ever see myself paying $60,000 to $100,000 for a boutique type SxS, especially with Spanish made guns being of the same quality for a lot less. I would be scared as shit to ever take it afield.

Good taste.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice...

His work is incredible. Just no way I could ever see myself paying $60,000 to $100,000 for a boutique type SxS, especially with Spanish made guns being of the same quality for a lot less. I would be scared as shit to ever take it afield.

Good taste.

Spanish make the best copy of English SxS shotguns, side locks, and box locks but they don't make a copy of the trigger plate action like the Brown round action. I've been saving for the last 7 years for one and I need at least 3 more years of saving and I'll half to let go of maybe 30 to 40 guns in my collection to make it happen. But hey you can't take everything with you and yes if I get one bought I will be hunting with it. You will never get you're money back out of a truly custom gun built for you it just will not happen. So you use it and enjoy it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanish make the best copy of English SxS shotguns, side locks, and box locks but they don't make a copy of the trigger plate action like the Brown round action. I've been saving for the last 7 years for one and I need at least 3 more years of saving and I'll half to let go of maybe 30 to 40 guns in my collection to make it happen. But hey you can't take everything with you and yes if I get one bought I will be hunting with it. You will never get you're money back out of a truly custom gun built for you it just will not happen. So you use it and enjoy it.

My biggest problem is that I don't hunt, which is the most common use for those types of shotguns. I'd also have trouble paying $50,000+ for a firearm like that. I'd much rather buy a fully auto M16 for $50,000 than a rifle like that. Heck, you could get a fully auto Thompson for around 40k. Once we're talking that kind of money, it's hard to justify a single or double barreled shotgun. For that price, I could probably take gunsmithing classes and learn how to make it on my own lol.

Although, the wood used is amazing. I wish they made more firearms today out of wood; it just looks better.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem is that I don't hunt, which is the most common use for those types of shotguns. I'd also have trouble paying $50,000+ for a firearm like that. I'd much rather buy a fully auto M16 for $50,000 than a rifle like that. Heck, you could get a fully auto Thompson for around 40k. Once we're talking that kind of money, it's hard to justify a single or double barreled shotgun. For that price, I could probably take gunsmithing classes and learn how to make it on my own lol.

Although, the wood used is amazing. I wish they made more firearms today out of wood; it just looks better.

Maize nothing wrong with wanting a full auto Thompson or M16. It's all about what you enjoy to do. I love to chase fine guns dogs with fine doubles for upland birds. One of these bespoke English side by sides has been a dream of mine for awhile.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maize nothing wrong with wanting a full auto Thompson or M16. It's all about what you enjoy to do. I love to chase fine guns dogs with fine doubles for upland birds. One of these bespoke English side by sides has been a dream of mine for awhile.

:agree:

I can't wait for some of these older guys to start dying out, so I can buy all those double guns up. I know the market has bottomed out for SxS. Don't see it ever recovering. May cause us to lose some fine gun makers.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I can't wait for some of these older guys to start dying out, so I can buy all those double guns up. I know the market has bottomed out for SxS. Don't see it ever recovering. May cause us to lose some fine gun makers.

Mookie it's soften some but and you can buy some English doubles out there at a good price. But if they are right and not fucked with they still will bring top dollar. American doubles seem to be coming back some mostly the graded ones and small bores.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to get my hands on a AA-12...

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M1-Garrand
AK-47
M-16 (a1 and a2)
Combat Shotgun
9mm
M60
AT4
M4A1
M1A1 Carbine

I would like to try:

Mosin-Nagant
Thompson Machine Gun
Mg-48
STG44 (Sturmgewehr)
Panzerfaust

i found out my wife's grandfather had a thompson......as her uncle was selling the entire collection :L

i should have kissed more ass

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to get my hands on a AA-12...

I'm not sure a citizen can own those. I think you have to be a "business" when an FFL class 3 or whatever it is...unless there were some of these made prior to 1986.

Last edited by a moderator: