• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BTN: Scarlet and Grey Days

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Big Ten Network they are running a series on this years training camp. First episode was last night and had me pumped. Season can't get here soon enough. Brax at WR is going to be a fucking beast! Anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

Watch preview clips for tonight’s ‘Scarlet & Gray Days’ episode « Big Ten Network

Scarlet & Gray Days: What stood out from Big Ten Network's look inside Ohio State training camp

1. It hammered home the point that Braxton Miller's move to receiver will be a process. Miller has seemed enthusiastic about his move to receiver, and even said it was like playing a video game at last Sunday's media day. But in footage BTN got that we didn't see in media viewing periods, it's clear Miller is still learning. In a one-on-one matchup with safety Erick Smith, Miller hesitated a bit on his route, which allowed Smith to read it and react, nearly stepping in front of Miller for an interception.

"You were thinking, your thing is vertical with speed," Urban Meyer told Miller after the play. "If you go, Erick Smith is gonna panic. He didn't panic that time, why? You were thinking. Just go."

2. Meyer knows what could be coming next spring. We wrote in May how the 2016 NFL Draft could end up being a historic one for Ohio State. The Buckeyes look like they could have five first-round picks in Joey Bosa, Cardale Jones, Taylor Decker, Darron Lee and Ezekiel Elliott. Look down the roster, and there are draft-eligible players who could play their way into the league next year with a good 2015 season.

That's why scouts have been all over Ohio State training camp. Meyer had a message for them.

"Who are those guys? Scouts? We don't have any NFL players," Meyer said with a smile. When it's inevitable, I guess you have to laugh about it.

3. We didn't learn anything about the quarterback battle. The show opened with Jones packing a bag in his apartment, talking about dreams of one day living in a bigger pad. If you want to see how Jones and roommate Tyvis Powell live, read Doug's story from last week.

There was very little footage that showed Jones or J.T. Barrett throwing, but again, it was all early camp footage. It did show Jones getting excited about being able to have the champions dinner on the eve of camp -- roast beef and shrimp instead of burgers and hot dogs. It also showed Jones throwing ice at teammate Craig Fada, then running away while Barrett just smiled and shook his head.

Meyer said what he's been saying all along, this thing will be meticulous, but Meyer said at media day that the battle has also been "refreshing."

4. We found out some of the big brother-little brother pairs. Meyer pairs older players with younger players during camp. BTN showed some of the first team meeting where we learned Decker is paired with freshman tackle Isaiah Prince, Josh Perry is paired with freshman linebacker Justin Hilliard, Barrett is paired with freshman quarterback Torrance Gibson and Damon Webb is paired with freshman cornerback Joshua Norwood.

That doesn't mean the players are roommates, though. It appeared on the show that Decker is rooming with Prince, but we know that Barrett is rooming with Miller.

Scarlet & Gray Days: What stood out from Big Ten Network's look inside Ohio State training camp | cleveland.com

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"welcome to the Buckeyes"

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the show was well done. Looks like BTN is trying to improve their programming a bit. I hope we see more of these kind of shows. It beats the hell out of watching Sports Center 6 times a day.

GO BUCKS!!!
O-H............

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the show was well done. Looks like BTN is trying to improve their programming a bit. I hope we see more of these kind of shows. It beats the hell out of watching Sports Center 6 times a day.

GO BUCKS!!!
O-H............

I-O

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the 3rd and last one in preparation