• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns OL Irving to Chiefs for a 5th rounder

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving has been a complete 1st round failure. The pick to me didn't make sense to me at the time. I think I graded the draft pick D or something.... they had Thomas, Mack and needed other positions so it made ZERO sense to me at the time, but whatever.

The trade itself is an A for the Browns because Erving completely sucks and seems happy to just ride out his overpaid rookie contract. The fact the Browns obtained anything for Erving is decent enough since Erving was likely to get cut anyway.

As for the Chiefs. It's a 5th rounder... most players in Erving's situation continually disappoint so I don't think a change of scenery will help, but if the Chiefs can somehow motivate Erving it could work out. No question he is talented if he cares. Perhaps Andy Reid will show him up as the biggest fat man on the team and Erving will get motivated. B grade for Chiefs. 5th rounders seldom work out, so whatever.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a cap move as far as I can tell.

Erving: Costs KC $1.3 million in 2017, $1.7 million in 2018.
Fulton: Saves KC $1.8 million in 2017 by cutting him now.
Jah Reid: Saves KC $2.8 million in 2017, $3.2 million in 2018 by cutting him now.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes total sense, he wasn't producing so why not off loaded him?

Again this front office isn't making the same mistakes of previous tenures....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes total sense, he wasn't producing so why not off loaded him?

Again this front office isn't making the same mistakes of previous tenures....
He was God awful, surprised we got anything for him, good move

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a cap move as far as I can tell.
Jah Reid was deadman walking on this team for awhile.

Erving is the type of OL that the Chiefs usually try to draft. The jack of all trades type. He was one of those guys coming out of college I liked less and less the more tape I watched.

Ugh...Erving has actually been worse than Reid so far in his career? Yikes.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving has been a complete 1st round failure. The pick to me didn't make sense to me at the time. I think I graded the draft pick D or something.... they had Thomas, Mack and needed other positions so it made ZERO sense to me at the time, but whatever.

The trade itself is an A for the Browns because Erving completely sucks and seems happy to just ride out his overpaid rookie contract. The fact the Browns obtained anything for Erving is decent enough since Erving was likely to get cut anyway.

As for the Chiefs. It's a 5th rounder... most players in Erving's situation continually disappoint so I don't think a change of scenery will help, but if the Chiefs can somehow motivate Erving it could work out. No question he is talented if he cares. Perhaps Andy Reid will show him up as the biggest fat man on the team and Erving will get motivated. B grade for Chiefs. 5th rounders seldom work out, so whatever.

Erving was the problem here imo...they knew there was a chance Mack was going to opt out of his deal at the end of the '15 season (he did and went to ATL) so they drafted this kid to be groomed to take over the C role.

The position was the right under those circumstances, just not the right player.

As for this deal...yep you have to applaud CLE for getting anything in return for Erving.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he can play TE :noidea: