• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown for Phanuef

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thornton to the Los Angeles Kings?

Ottawa GM Pierre Dorion had a lengthy conversation with Los Angeles compatriot Rob Blake during the later rounds of the draft. There is one move that could make sense for both sides: Dustin Brown for Dion Phaneuf. Both have the same cash remaining — $25.5 million. Brown’s AAV is lower ($5.875 million to Phaneuf’s $7 million), but he has five years left on his contract to Phaneuf’s four. The Senator defenceman can go to Los Angeles, but I’m not sure if Brown’s list allows him to go to the Canadian capital.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read that and I really don't get it. Aside from the basics that Phaneuf has been a pylon for the past few years, and isn't very effective anymore, the cap situation would actually get worse for LA. Brown coming in at $5.875mil/year and Phaneuf at $7mil/year. So how does adding an extra $1mil+ per year against the cap help this team?

So just basically looking, Phaneuf will not provide offense we need, and our cap would increase. The only positive they said is that Phaneuf has 4 years left, while Brown has 5. That is very negligible in my opinion.