• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos Trade For Redskins Sua Cravens

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Redskins traded Cravens to move up to the top of rounds 4 and 5 plus an additional 5th rounder.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#NotMyTrade

Y U Make All Da Bad Trades, Redskins?

Like, damn. It's not even like the Skins were picking towards the bottom of the 4th and 5th rounds, either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If Su'a Cravens doesn't die on the field, you get a 6th round pick in some distant reality"

"Or if you prefer, some nachos I had for lunch"

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he grows up with this new start

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Redskins traded Cravens to move up to the top of rounds 4 and 5 plus an additional 5th rounder.

The Redskins moved up 4 spots in the 4th and 7 spots in the 5th round. It wasn't like it was this huge move up for them. The value of those two move ups would be equal to about a 7th round pick. So the Broncos traded a late 5th round pick (pick #163) and what amounts to a 7th round pick. Low risk possible high reward type trade.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking to sound like an ass, but told ya so (Skins fans that were doubting, although not many seemed to be):

Trade with Denver for #5

I considered Cravans a 5th at best. Fact it's a high 5th and they get the slight move up (@cdumler7 thanks for the value note) that's solid.

Safety market is just pretty bleh atm.

Walterfootball pretty much nails the grades. Might give Skins an A vs. A-. 4th rounder would've been an A+.
NFL Trade Grades: WalterFootball.com

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was curious to see where he would land. There was a small rumor about the Steelers' hat being thrown into the ring. Or maybe it was just someone on here placing interest.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to figure Sua will become a star player in the league now...that would really be the redskins we know and love, lol!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins moved up 4 spots in the 4th and 7 spots in the 5th round. It wasn't like it was this huge move up for them. The value of those two move ups would be equal to about a 7th round pick. So the Broncos traded a late 5th round pick (pick #163) and what amounts to a 7th round pick. Low risk possible high reward type trade.

Skins moves up 7 spots in the 4th round. The Skins gained like 45 draft points with the 5th round pick and the swaps. I thought he was worth a 4th rounder b/c his age and contract. I thought they did the trade way too early. Still another month left until the draft. Cravens did say he will hold out of skins camp so the SKins might of panicked.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking to sound like an ass, but told ya so (Skins fans that were doubting, although not many seemed to be):

Trade with Denver for #5

I considered Cravans a 5th at best. Fact it's a high 5th and they get the slight move up (@cdumler7 thanks for the value note) that's solid.

Safety market is just pretty bleh atm.

Walterfootball pretty much nails the grades. Might give Skins an A vs. A-. 4th rounder would've been an A+.
NFL Trade Grades: WalterFootball.com

well with the swaps moving up 7 spots in the 4th round they got more than a 5th round pick for him. I was hoping for a 4th but I guess this was it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins moves up 7 spots in the 4th round. The Skins gained like 45 draft points with the 5th round pick and the swaps. I thought he was worth a 4th rounder b/c his age and contract. I thought they did the trade way too early. Still another month left until the draft. Cravens did say he will hold out of skins camp so the SKins might of panicked.

Well the deal I saw had them getting the 2nd of the 4th round picks the Broncos have not the 1st. If that is teh case they only moved up a few spots in the 4th round.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the deal I saw had them getting the 2nd of the 4th round picks the Broncos have not the 1st. If that is teh case they only moved up a few spots in the 4th round.

Skins went from #113 to #106.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cravens' health is scary as hell, but for chump change for a guy who apparently wants to play, this is an easy move. As much as I give Elway a lot of crap for his drafting, he has done well elsewhere mostly.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is that one of the reasons Cravens may not have wanted to play was that he was with that organization. The redskins are one of those teams that players really don't want to get drafted by and his experience there, combined with the fact that he is a little kooky himself, was probably a factor in his lack of motivation to play the game.

Now that he is with another team, actually a worse team last year than his previous one but certainly a much more respectable organization, it is very possible that he could find his old self again and be a part of another great Denver defense.

That sort of value is the "high reward" for the Brroncos and even that is not likely to happen given Cravens' personality, BUT the talent and the potential made him a good bargaining chip which brighter teams would have used a lot more wisely than the redskins seemed to do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is that one of the reasons Cravens may not have wanted to play was that he was with that organization. The redskins are one of those teams that players really don't want to get drafted by and his experience there, combined with the fact that he is a little kooky himself, was probably a factor in his lack of motivation to play the game.

Where did you read that and why?

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that and why?
Of course it shouldn't be surprising to anyone if an online sports board is not a hotbed for the brightest bulbs on the tree, but really now...

It really shouldn't be too difficult to understand why an organization like the redskins is not as attractive a destination as the broncos or other upper-tier nfl organizations. Then again with the characters you tend to come across in places like this who knows what people can get through their heads anymore lol...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it shouldn't be surprising to anyone if an online sports board is not a hotbed for the brightest bulbs on the tree, but really now...

It really shouldn't be too difficult to understand why an organization like the redskins is not as attractive a destination as the broncos or other upper-tier nfl organizations. Then again with the characters you tend to come across in places like this who knows what people can get through their heads anymore lol...

Mmm okay. I mean the Skins haven't been that competitive in a while and there's the whole logo thing and the odd decision with Cousins... I mean I get it. I just haven't heard many players publicly saying they don't want to play for Washington (as opposed to the Browns lol). Was just curious if you legitimately heard anything or it was an assumption (which is a decent one, I guess).

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm okay. I mean the Skins haven't been that competitive in a while and there's the whole logo thing and the odd decision with Cousins... I mean I get it. I just haven't heard many players publicly saying they don't want to play for Washington (as opposed to the Browns lol). Was just curious if you legitimately heard anything or it was an assumption (which is a decent one, I guess).
If you want specifics I seem to recall that Graham Gano said it was the best thing that ever happened to him when the redskins let him go.

If Sua is still interested in playing football then a team change was a good thing for him and will give him the chance to restart in a better environment.