• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos to host Jamal Charles

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Charles doesn't fumble.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, that's part of what makes this thought so great. His most recent memories with the Chiefs would be fumbling and setting up the Broncos with what would later prove to be a vital win and missing time due to injury. So if the Broncos can wipe that away...he doesn't even need to be the feature back or gain 1000 yards. Let's say he gets 5-600 and half a dozen TDs, but they always seem to be difference makers, especially in the playoffs...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, that's part of what makes this thought so great. His most recent memories with the Chiefs would be fumbling and setting up the Broncos with what would later prove to be a vital win and missing time due to injury. So if the Broncos can wipe that away...he doesn't even need to be the feature back or gain 1000 yards. Let's say he gets 5-600 and half a dozen TDs, but they always seem to be difference makers, especially in the playoffs...

It's all about matchups in the NFL - and executing to exploit them. Mike McCoy is the right coach to be OC - with this roster.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also funny. It would like like if the Chiefs signed Steve Atwater or Rod Smith at the end of their career.

The Raiders tried to sign TD .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal said his favorite growing up was the Broncos ...Elway was also his Favorite QB watch .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal said his favorite growing up was the Broncos ...Elway was also his Favorite QB watch .

Some reason this sounds familiar. Weather he makes an impact or not, it feels sorta nice to say he was once a Bronco after puking my guts out when the Chiefs drafted him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Charles doesn't fumble.

Which is the reason he fell in the draft in the first place.

Look at the bright side. Bradley Roby is a better player when Jamaal Charles is on the field. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the reason he fell in the draft in the first place.

Look at the bright side. Bradley Roby is a better player when Jamaal Charles is on the field. ;)
That is funny but I think Roby is extremely undervalued by a few on here including you DC. Love the guy. He's made a lot of big plays for this team. He just now is entering his 5th year and playing one of the toughest positions in the game. Apparently Elway and Denver sees something you and couple others don't.:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny but I think Roby is extremely undervalued by a few on here including you DC. Love the guy. He's made a lot of big plays for this team. He just now is entering his 5th year and playing one of the toughest positions in the game. Apparently Elway and Denver sees something you and couple others don't.:)

Couple of things...

1) This will be his 4th year not 5th. They just signed his 5th year option though so will be with us most likely the next 2 seasons.

2) Roby himself has said that last year he did not put in the work to be great and it showed on the field. He said he had a hangover from the Super Bowl and just didn't care as much about his diet or off the field work beyond practice. Said he had a nice offseason realizing he can't just coast through on his natural talent to make it in the NFL.

I think some are down just because of the high expectations thrust upon a 1st round pick. He had a great 2nd season with the Broncos making it look like he was taking that leap into looking like a top-10 CB in the league. Instead he took a big step backwards. He can easily redeem himself though and I fully expect barring injury that he will.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure he is undervalued by me. Roby was my favorite player the year he came out and just happened to be drafted by my favorite team.

He had a down year last year. I still love the guy and am still higher then a kite on him. I am just being honest in saying he struggled last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...

1) This will be his 4th year not 5th. They just signed his 5th year option though so will be with us most likely the next 2 seasons.

2) Roby himself has said that last year he did not put in the work to be great and it showed on the field. He said he had a hangover from the Super Bowl and just didn't care as much about his diet or off the field work beyond practice. Said he had a nice offseason realizing he can't just coast through on his natural talent to make it in the NFL.

I think some are down just because of the high expectations thrust upon a 1st round pick. He had a great 2nd season with the Broncos making it look like he was taking that leap into looking like a top-10 CB in the league. Instead he took a big step backwards. He can easily redeem himself though and I fully expect barring injury that he will.

Yeah I dont get where Randy is coming at.

Other then OC I've probably been the biggest Roby supporter you will find around here. I'm just not a homer and when he struggles I am not afraid to admit. Doesn't mean I don't think he is terrible or still have hope for him. I fully expect him to rebound.

I haven't doubted him for a minute.

I don't think it's a sin to admit he had a down year. I like to be real when talking about players. Doesn't mean anything more than what it is. I'm a huge Roby fan. Some need to quit drawing conclusions based on reality. It's ok to admit that a player had a poor season, doesn't mean you don't believe in them. I had Roby as a top 10 NFL draft pick the year we took him... I fully value the guy, good lord.

Roby and fellow Bronco players will be the first to agree that he was a disappointment last year after a great 2nd season. He will be much more prepared this season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, where did Roby end up ranking amongst the top dbs in league last year?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind, found it. He went from 25 in 2015 to 83 in '16. Pretty big drop off in rankings. I guess I was so focused on the ineptness of offense and how D was on field so much, I didn't really think critiquing many of them was fair. Roby sucked for sure . My apologies.:)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby was the goat in the KC game and regressed last year
Maybe super bowl hangover but I expect lights out year playing for his contract extension

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont get where Randy is coming at.

Other then OC I've probably been the biggest Roby supporter you will find around here. I'm just not a homer and when he struggles I am not afraid to admit. Doesn't mean I don't think he is terrible or still have hope for him. I fully expect him to rebound.

I haven't doubted him for a minute.

I don't think it's a sin to admit he had a down year. I like to be real when talking about players. Doesn't mean anything more than what it is. I'm a huge Roby fan. Some need to quit drawing conclusions based on reality. It's ok to admit that a player had a poor season, doesn't mean you don't believe in them. I had Roby as a top 10 NFL draft pick the year we took him... I fully value the guy, good lord.

Roby and fellow Bronco players will be the first to agree that he was a disappointment last year after a great 2nd season. He will be much more prepared this season.

Oh I know you have been a big supporter. Last year was what I worried about when we drafted him. He was a player in college that relied on his superior athleticism instead of having any kind of consistent technique. He worked hard his first couple of years and it showed well on the field. This past year showed that when he doesn't work on his game as much as he should what can happen to him.

I do expect a huge bounce back season though. I think he learned a lot from failure so I'm excited to see what he can do.

And yes I'm glad that you are real about our players and the good and the bad that they bring to the table. Just because we love a player doesn't mean we can't also see some of the negatives that come with them. Heck from this past draft I might be the biggest Carlos Henderson homer around. Doesn't mean that I don't see him struggling with drops and not having the best hands in this draft. Obviously love the player but he isn't perfect.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos opted for year 5 on the contract - that only happens to less than half the 1st round choices - Roby has done something right. He was down last year, but he - along with his teammates took the field after quite a few 3 and outs by the offense. I think he is a play maker.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos opted for year 5 on the contract - that only happens to less than half the 1st round choices - Roby has done something right. He was down last year, but he - along with his teammates took the field after quite a few 3 and outs by the offense. I think he is a play maker.
24 of the 32 for 2014 were picked up

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he is undervalued by me. Roby was my favorite player the year he came out and just happened to be drafted by my favorite team.

He had a down year last year. I still love the guy and am still higher then a kite on him. I am just being honest in saying he struggled last year.

i was team Xavier Rhodes and from what I heard, Denver had him higher on their board as well. Vikings took him tho