• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos to host Jamal Charles

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign him up John. He has juice when right.
McCoy wants his Danny Woodhead.
The goal is to put pressure up the middle of the field against the LBers to open up the wide outs.
Low risk high reward

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right price sure. He is fragile though

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has $14MM in cap space. Give him a 2 year $4 MM contract with incentives. Cut/Trade Green and then bring in Barnidge as well.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off topic but lol

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly would rather spend that money elsewhere as I don't think Charles is or can be the same player he was. We still need depth on o line, d line, ILBer. Maybe even starters for all intents and purposes. Toys are useless without covering the trenches

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly would rather spend that money elsewhere as I don't think Charles is or can be the same player he was. We still need depth on o line, d line, ILBer. Maybe even starters for all intents and purposes. Toys are useless without covering the trenches

I remember saying the same thing about Charles - coming out of college ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha.

But, Lynch is done....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Cdumler weighed in on this yet?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying the same thing about Charles - coming out of college ball.
True, but with all his injuries, and the one constant being "age waits for no one" I have my reservations. He's 30 years old.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends.

How much money are we really talking?

I love Charles. My fav when the Chiefs took him and I was crushed, would like nothing more but to see him in a Denver uniform, but I fear he is damaged goods. That being said if he signs a low contract then hell yeah lets see if he has anything left... Could be one of those Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, Rob Moore like signings (Nothing left in the tank) or could be one of those "underrated signings of the off-season", only one way to find out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Cdumler weighed in on this yet?

Been without power and this site is a bit tricky on my phone. So finally some power. For the Broncos it all depends on the contract. Low risk contract then worth the risk as the Broncos have the cap space and need a RB in the style of JC. I have no clue what he has left just like I have no clue what Lynch has left. I think JC has a bit more left in the tank. Just a few side by side comparisons...

Lynch--A bit older being 31 compared to JC at 30
Lynch carries--2,144 compared to JC at 1,332.
Style of running means Lynch's body has taken a bit more of a beating.
JC also didn't take a year off where he has been at an NFL training facility preparing to see his career continued. I hear Lynch is in pretty darn good shape so maybe he is fine.

Again with both of these guys they are a risk with the age/injuries they have both faced recently. Wouldn't shock me to see Lynch be a dominant player but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him last only a few games and his back give out. Same with JC of he could be that dominant force that runs for over 5 yards per carry and is that huge threat out of the backfield or his knee could blow out week 1. That is why I would wait to decide if I like this deal until I see the contract. If the cap hit isn't a whole lot say he doesn't work out then fine. I would make it a very incentive driven contract and if he earns it all then great for him and the team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're consistent.

#Respect

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Charles fine but, don't expect him to stay healthy very long.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're consistent.

#Respect

As much as I really do hope if we sign Charles to a deal that he will be something the odds are against it. Same with Lynch. There have not been many success stories of guys in the same situation as either Charles or Lynch. Then again they have both been stars in this league at one point so if there are 2 guys that could prove people wrong it is those guys. Just have to wait and see.

The other thing I am interested in is the contract. Part of why I rag on the Lynch signing so much is the money being paid to the guy. 2-years/$9 million with a max contract of $16.5 million just seems like a lot for a guy that is 31, injury prone, and sat out a year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been without power and this site is a bit tricky on my phone. So finally some power. For the Broncos it all depends on the contract. Low risk contract then worth the risk as the Broncos have the cap space and need a RB in the style of JC. I have no clue what he has left just like I have no clue what Lynch has left. I think JC has a bit more left in the tank. Just a few side by side comparisons...

Lynch--A bit older being 31 compared to JC at 30
Lynch carries--2,144 compared to JC at 1,332.
Style of running means Lynch's body has taken a bit more of a beating.
JC also didn't take a year off where he has been at an NFL training facility preparing to see his career continued. I hear Lynch is in pretty darn good shape so maybe he is fine.

Again with both of these guys they are a risk with the age/injuries they have both faced recently. Wouldn't shock me to see Lynch be a dominant player but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him last only a few games and his back give out. Same with JC of he could be that dominant force that runs for over 5 yards per carry and is that huge threat out of the backfield or his knee could blow out week 1. That is why I would wait to decide if I like this deal until I see the contract. If the cap hit isn't a whole lot say he doesn't work out then fine. I would make it a very incentive driven contract and if he earns it all then great for him and the team.

I would ask which player finished his last season healthy? I would give Lynch the nod over JC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would ask which player finished his last season healthy? I would give Lynch the nod over JC.

True but that is part of the risk of these kind of signings. You are hoping to get the last little bit of juice they have left. Right now I'm not exactly expecting either to have much left. I do think both are landing in good situations if JC signs with us. JC is a great fit when healthy with a McCoy style offense. He loves to have versatile RB's and well JC brings that. For the Raiders they need that power back up the middle that can grind out the tough yards behind that behemoth of an OL and well Lynch answers that.

What else is going to be interesting is how much each team plans on using them per game. Keep them around that 12-15 carries a game area then yeah maybe they last the season and give you something. Get them in that 20-25 touches a game though and my guess is neither of them would make it past week 6.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are talking apples to oranges

Lynch IMO has no hart for the game any more pay check at this point and even if he found that hart his game style is perfect for injury

Charles We could give ten plays a game and tell him no running into the pile strictly home fricken run or go out of bounds